PinkKittyBeauty

LIGHT AFFECTING MAKEUP?

I was applying foundation today and looking in my mirror, which has a bright light on it. When I had finished, i was pleased that it looked smooth, and not cakey.

I went down to another mirror with a more yellow lighting and noticed that it looked cakey and un-natural.

How can this even happen? I was happy and then disappointed.... 

cp2129

Re: LIGHT AFFECTING MAKEUP?

(0) Hearts

I know that feel. How come when I go outside, my foundation matches my skin perfectly, but when I look at the mirror inside I get a little casket-ready around my chin? The foundation I got this weekend looked good in Sephora AND outside. In my house though my chin area looked too light. Is outdoor and natural lighting really the most accurate? I'm returning it since I rarely use foundation. I thought it would be nice to have one for special occasions though :'-(

melissaleah

(0) Hearts

This happens to me all the time & I wear a ton of makeup.

If I apply my makeup in front of my bathroom mirror, where the lights are on the wall above the mirror, it looks nice and smooth too. 

But at my parents new house, they have these bright fluorescent yellow lights on the ceiling shining light straight down, which making all kinds of terrible weird highlights and shadows and the look of cakey makeup. I pretty much look like a zombie in that mirror and so I refuse to do my makeup there :smileyhappy: 

It depends on the color of the lighting, and also the angle of the lighting. 
If that first mirror that has a bright light that doesn't cast a whole bunch of shadows and highlights, use that one.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Light definitely affects how your makeup looks- got to love when you try on foundation at Sephora, get home and look in your mirror and go OH EM GEE!

That dramatic of a difference though- how much time passed between looking in different mirrors?

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • melissaleah
    • crayzeeRN
    • PinkKittyBeauty
    • cp2129