kellsmuneoka

LEAST Favorite youtube gurus

Hi ladies,

I know this is going to be a negative post but we definitely have to put information about these gurus out there because people actually will be wasting their money on crap products! People actually trust youtube gurus , but they don't know that they might be getting sponsored to advertise that specific brand or multiple ones!

(You're free to put your personal opinion about these people and what you feel about them)

In not specific order...

• Carli Bybel - seems very nice, but I can't get over how much she advertises HER products or another brand

•Michelle Phan- super talented and creative but seriously?! She only uses 90% of her own product in her videos and she just seems fake

•Jaclyn Hill - She actually has great tutorials but I've tried Whitening and Lightning & Sigma and they suck honestly compared to other products that I have

• Bethany Mota - terrible and fake. She tries to be cute and her makeup skills aren't very good so whatever. She only promotes herself and it drives me crazy. 

So many others but I'm going to leave you guys to talk about them! I got most of the main ones x

HawaiianEyes7

Re: LEAST Favorite youtube gurus

I think she does the same look all the time because she knows it works for her eye shape. I don't really watch her videos for the tutorial part because her looks are a little intense for me, but I love seeing all of the makeup she buys! She also gives great reviews on almost every new product because she buys everything lol :smileyvery-happy: 

dziggi

I used watch Carli Bybel but then after a while you realize that every.single.one. of her tutorials is the same. She's a cute girl but her makeup looks are a bit repetitive. The sponsoring doesn't irk me too much, I realize that for some youtubers that is their only job. So gotta hustle.

kellsmuneoka

I can't get over those lashes! 

BuxomBabe80

I call them tarantula eyes.

BuxomBabe80

I watched a video where Tati/GlamLifeGuru was giving total misinformation and dangerous skincare advice. I can't watch her anymore after that. I just can't. 

Blackwhiskey

what's the video called? im subscribed to her 

BuxomBabe80

PERFECT SKIN SECRET | Tip Tuesday #21

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

I made a thread about another video she made that has dangerous tips

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Tips-and-tricks-that-don-t-work/m-p/1357416/highlight/true#M184...

BuxomBabe80

Oh! I missed that one. Thanks for pointing it out. This video I mentioned, she talks about putting baking soda on your face. Just NOOOOOOO!

BuxomBabe80

I read this about MissJenFabulous on Reddit. I'm looking into it but wanted to post before I forgot:

tallulahblue 34 points 4 months ago
missJenFABULOUS.
She did a swap with New Zealand Youtube beauty guru Shaaanxo. They both decided to spend $400. In the states, you can get A LOT of high end stuff for that. In New Zealand, everything is about 2-3 times the price.
Shaan sent Jen a lot of New Zealand and Australian products that Jen wouldn't be able to get in the states, along with NZ chocolate, and a perfume. The perfume on it's own would have been over $100. Shaan said she spent more than $400 because she felt bad that Jen wouldn't get as much from her in return.
In Shaan's video opening Jen's stuff, she was SUPER excited and grateful.

In Jen's video opening Shaan's stuff she looked visibly disappointed. With every single NZ-brand gift she said, "I haven't heard of this brand, let me know if you have tried it." Then at the end of the video she straight up said she was hoping for better, more high end stuff like MAC. Didn't even pretend to be happy or grateful or polite.

Why the hell would she want Shaan to spend 2-3 times as much for MAC stuff Jen could have gotten herself in the states for cheaper?

THEN when Shaan's fans commented on the video explaining the price difference of makeup in NZ and how it made no sense for Shaan to spend so much on stuff Jen could get herself for cheaper... and that the NZ brands Shaan had sent were good quality... Jen deleted / didn't publish any of these comments. Any comment that made her look bad was deleted. So the video is full of comments saying how Shaan gave her **bleep** stuff, probably products she got for free, etc. Comments from NZers are kept when they say things like, "I'm from NZ and those are crap brands and she didn't spend $400 on you" (which isn't true) but comments saying they are good brands are deleted.

ALSO MissJenFABULOUS also steals people's nail art and doesn't give them credit / claims she created it herself. Google it.

HawaiianEyes7

I just watched this video and omg! I can't believe she would say that! Even if you say it in a nice way, it's still rude to get a gift amd say you wished it was something else! And I can't get over how many people are defending her! They must be her fans lol :smileyvery-happy: I'm sure Shannon spent $400 NZD, which wouldn't get you nearly as much as $400 USD. I was brought up to be thankful for a gift, even if you don't like it! 

kellsmuneoka

[ Edited ]

I just watched a swap that shaan did and she got another girl WAY more high end things like tom ford and ysl. MissJenn got her Chanel, Dior, etc. Most of the stuff shaan got was drugstore in new zealand so I can understand why MissJen was disappointed. Honestly, I never watched MissJens videos before but I know shaan doesn't really use most of the products she sent to MissJen in tutorials.

Derienjocelyn

I totally got lost in YouTube land watching their videos. People can be so ungrateful ....

AlwaysGlamorous

UGH well your post has ensured that I will nevah watch one of her videos! Ungrateful B! 

BuxomBabe80

I remember watching one or two of her videos and being rubbed the wrong way by her. But I didn't think much of it and just went on to someone else. But stealing anyone's ideas and being ungrateful when someone sends you hundreds of dollars or products is just unacceptable IMO.

lylysa

I haven't watched or know of either YouTuber, but anytime you opt into a "blind" trade, hate to say it, but you're opening yourself up for anything and everything. I am a firm believer in always being gracious when accepting any type of gift or memento, regardless of whether I like it, love it, or will have any use for it. Now if for example I end up with something I flat out don't like (let's say I get a scarf that's totally not my style), regardless of how I feel, what I express will be gratitude that someone took time and effort to choose a gift for me. 

It seems that certain YouTuber got caught up in the gifts, goodies, and presents aspect and seemed to forget about the gift of "giving". 

Womp. Womp. Womp. 

BuxomBabe80

I agree! There is no reason to be rude or ungrateful when someone gives you a gift, even if it's one you don't like!

lylysa

Exactly, I mean, she doesn't have to throw her arms up and feign excitement either, but show some sort of graciousness and appreciation.

Who knows, maybe that will deter her from doing any other trades in the future, which will save folk the hassle of her attitude!

BrennaBombshell

I have a love/hate relationship with TymeTheInfamous. I have to watch her videos on mute because her voice kills me, but I love the fun looks she does.

Blackwhiskey

Letzmakeup, I like her tutorials but she describes way too much. Her videos are way too long because she won't stop talking.. it's like, I know where to put the eyeshadow since you're going to show us that anyway, no need to describe what part of the lid you're going to put it on. >_< 

BuxomBabe80

I agree. I do think she is very talented. Sometimes I'll watch her videos muted and listen to music instead. Helps me. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 102 replies
  • 133 hearts
  • 36 in conversation
    • chupi
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire
    • lylysa
    • mommyto4
    • gingerblack