SiameseLouise

Just Curious: What Do You Store Your Makeup In? :)

Hi Everybody! I've liked anything and everything to do with cosmetics ever since I was practically born! I can remember trailing after my Mom, desperate to get hold of her bright-red lipstick and her huge, multipan collection of eyeshadows, and my best friend and I were in absolute Heaven whenever her (very patient) teenage sister would allow us to dig through her HUMONGOUS cosmetic bag! That said, I'm also addicted to the recepticles used to store one's makeup stash(es)! Currently I store my daily-use color products in a pinky-peach, quilted, custom-made Siamese-cat-print bag that a friend in Canada made specially for me. The tools (brushes, sponges, eyelash curler, etc) that I use daily are in specially-made bag of the same fabric; the cosmetic bag zips across the top, and the tool bag has a flap that folds over the top and closes securely with a velcro tab. These bags make me smile whenever I use them. For the record, my larger stash of cosmetics and tools (including products used for formal occasions, duplicates of best-loves products--such as Burt's Bee's Rose Lipbalm, which I wear nearly every day--and extra tools--brushes, sponges, etc) are kept in a large "Caboodle" plastic case from my college years (1990s!), and my nail products (except for nailpolishes, which have their own plastic basket) are housed in a similar Caboodle. I enjoy shopping for these "keepers" nearly as much as I love purchasing beauty products. What do you all keep your products in? Best, S. Louise 

sephoramusthave

Re: Just Curious: What Do You Store Your Makeup In? :)

(0) Hearts

box.jpg

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I store pretty much all my makeup in this little 8 drawer sterlite organizer that I bought at Walmart. They are sold in 5 drawer sets or 3 drawer sets but all the drawers individually pop/lock into each other so you can custom make the size as you please. I really love it because it stores everything except my bigger palettes. I have a few lipsticks/lipbalms in my purse/around my home but basically everything is in this thing. I like how the drawers pull out easily, its see through, and I can pop out the drawers easily too. I posted my makeup organizer in another thread but I'll post it here as well.

atexas

I have this very affordable 'desk' from Ikea. The top lifts up so it's really the world's biggest dressing table.  I glued a mirror inside the lid and it fits everything.. brushes, lotions, makeup.. you can pick your legs, so on one side I got a cabinet to hold a blow dryer and tall items..   http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S99875912/

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60192826/

urbandecay93

I mainly keep my makeup in those little desk-size plastic containers they sell at Target. As for palettes, I use a letter holder. And whenever I get cute boxes from LE makeup packaging or something, I store some everyday essentials in there, or new stuff I buy that I don't have room for anywhere else :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • urbandecay93
    • atexas
    • SiameseLouise
Photos1
  • box.jpg