MizzyyzziM

Is the Urban Decay Smoked Palette a good way to get a good feel for the Vice Palette?

(0) Hearts

I'm still a beauty beginner and the Vice Palette seemed like I was taking on a little bit too much at once. I already have a few little palettes including the Urban Decay Dangerous Palette. I was curious was was included in the UD Smoked Palette as far as "look" ideas. I hope its pretty decent because I just purchased it. I feel like it was a pretty good deal... right? I know it came with the famous "Loaded" and "Mushroom" shades or what seems famous on the UD website. Does anyone know anymore about this palette, shades, and capabilities?

jkkw

Re: Is the Urban Decay Smoked Palette a good way to get a good feel for the Vice Palette?

i own the smoked palette and i have to say that the quality of the shadows are the same for both the palettes for normal cream/matte colours. however, i found the glittery shades in the vice palette too chunky and they're prone for fallouts. a friend of mine owns the vice palette and she agrees with me.

so depending on what you want in terms of colours and shades in your palette - you can choose to buy the smoked or vice palette!

jinxski

Re: Is the Urban Decay Smoked Palette a good way to get a good feel for the Vice Palette?

[ Edited ]

There are several different tutorials on youtube! Depending on what you want out of your palette, you could check those out. They range from very natural looks to more smoked out ones, as the palette implies.

Here are videos from pursebuzz and emilynoel83. One is very natural, the other is more dramatic.

I'd definitely check out the reviews. I've heard good things about this palette. Have fun!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jinxski
    • MizzyyzziM
    • jkkw