MintShake

Is it too late to return something after 7 months?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I bought the Naked 2 palette on Sept 2, 2012. Unfortunately, the black color fell out and the bristles on the brush fell out too, but I feel like I waited too long, and the mirror shattered. What do I do? 

And the same thing happened to my Kate Von D pallete except the mirror isnt broken

DTalksAll

Re: Is it too late to return something after 7 months?

I agree with a lot of the others. If a product breaks you out, the shades aren't right for your skin tone, the color payoff isn't there or if it really doesn't work for you, then return it... right away... 

A mirror doesn't "magically" shatter. If you bought it shattered, then you should have returned it when you purchased it. If you shattered it, then returning it would be taking advantage of Sephora's return policy. It's like buying a vase from Pottery Barn that you weren't too happy with; after owning it for 7 months, you drop it by accident and it get's a crack. Do you return it because you didn't like it & it now has a crack? 

I personally think you waited too long. 

kstrat

[ Edited ]

i am not trying too offend you or anything, but it seems as if you have already made up your mind and you want to return your palette.  

In my personal opinion, I think it is taking advantage of the policy.  I always feel guilty when I return items to sephora, but my general rule for myself is if it breaks out my skin or if the color is wrong or foundation doesn't match I will return it or exchange it.

that being said, do whatever you want but know that they may not take it back.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

You're trying to offend me? 

I waited so long to take the palette back, because I felt guilty, I mean, the colors didn't even look right on me and there was too much fallout. but I guess I will keep this palette, even though I'm not sure what to do with it. 

Manda

(0) Hearts

If you are having fallout, use an eyeshadow primer.  Either the potion primer from UD, the one from LORAC, or the one from Too Face are known to be one of the better ones.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Why didn't I think of that? The only fallout i have is the ones with glitter 

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

i don't think the naked palettes have any fall out. 

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

I use their eyeshadow primer potion, and I never have any fallout. Don't know how it is without the primer...

kstrat

(0) Hearts

Also, if you do have to keep the palette (either you don't go to return it or they don't accept it) some ideas of what to do with it could be giving it to a relative to use or looking up some tutorials on how to mix eyeshadows together to make a different shade! 

kstrat

(0) Hearts

Oh sorry, typo! I meant not trying to offend you! Really sorry about that.

And if you feel like the palette didn't work for you, then just tell them that when returning it, I'm sure they will understand.  They're really nice when you're honest.  I was just trying to tell you that they may not take it back because it has been so long.

poemelyric

I've had the same problem with the Kat Von D palettes with the colors falling out and/or breaking but 7 months is a long time.  I just bit the bullet and kept them because I liked the colors and the ones that broke weren't colors that I bought the palettes for. 

onomotopoeia9

You didn't say how much of the products you used. If you used it like once, and it broke, maybe I would understand that you'd want to return it, but if you used them (and possibly dropped them several times etc.), I wouldn't try stretching the policy.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I used a bit of the product, but I don't think I used too much of it already. 

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-

ashleynne

Maybe she found a neutral eyeshadow palette that changed her mind. I don't see how this has anything to do with answering her question? Seems like your attempting to make a jab at her. Not nice at all. 

kd006

Well honestly, she has been making a few threads on here provoking people. She has offended quite a few ppl on BT. I don't think she even meant it as a "jab" at her, she was just making a point.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I didn't provoke anyone. If you don't like what I have to say don't bother to reply then. 

kd006

Actually, you kind of have. And I have just as much of a right to post on this forum as you do.

kd006

It kinda sounds like taking advantage of a good return service if you do return that..

It sounds like you dropped it and it broke so you want them to replace it.. Which is kinda far fetched. I have both naked palettes and multiple individual brushes from UD and they are nothing but excellent quality. Have you been letting water slip into the ferrule so the glue has loosened and the bristles are falling out?

I know it sucks if you break a palette, but if it was something that was your fault, then you should keep it. If it was honestly something that was a manufacturer defect then that would be a different story. But, putting it off for 7 months sounds fishy. 

MintShake

first off, I took very good care of the palettes, so don't even say I lied about it or "stretched the truth" secondly, the black fell out of the palette so what am I supposed to do? 

kd006

I agree with mkupgk. There are videos on youtube about fixing a broken shadow/blush. And, I didn't say that you didn't take care of your makeup but okay. Obviously who would drop a 50 dollar palette on purpose.. But its your own fault if you dropped it. Those shadows are put in the palette pretty well and they don't just pop out on their own and shatter, along with a mirror and the hairs dont just come out themselves..

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 77 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • poemelyric
    • Manda
    • melissabt
    • triciaann12
    • kstrat