tessie84

Is anyone else loving the Givenchy Fall 2014 Collection?

Saw Temptalia's post a couple of days ago on the Givenchy Fall collection for this year, and it's all so beautiful -- from the packaging to the colors. I mean, look at the burgundy leather encasement for the Le Rouge lipsticks! However, the only one I will probably get is the Blush Memoire De Forme Pop Up Jelly Blush in Rose Extravagant -- am I crazy to want to drop $37 on a blush?! :-\ Yikes... However, I feel that between the color and the packaging, it's something that I can admire for a while...as long as it doesn't dry up at some point.

Givenchy-Extravaganzia-Makeup-Collection-for-Autumn-2014-products.jpgFrom Make Up 4 All blog

upload_3523374521018310509.jpgFrom Fashion Trend Seeker

ballerinagrl

Re: Is anyone else loving the Givenchy Fall 2014 Collection?

Oh Tessie84, thanks so much for posting the pics - made my day! ;-) Also solved another Christmas prezzie dilemma for eldest daughter, and enabled me to put another lipstick into another virtual basket at yet another store (it wouldn't matter if I didn't press pay quite so often!)

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Glad I could help! Which lip color may I ask?

ilovemyfreckles

(0) Hearts

I just bought the compact with quad shadows and lip color I love it! The colors are so gorgeous! I was a little worried the lip color might be too red for me-- but it's very pinkish and if you apply lightly it looks like a stain whereas a heavier application gives you a glossier effect. I've been a Givenchy fan for a long time. Not only is their packaging some of the most beautiful I've ever seen, the products are stellar!

tessie84

I got the blush! I got the blush! 

2014-07-30 10.30.34.jpg

Below, the left side is just a blop of it, and to the right I tried to smear it as you would to apply it, but, unfortunately, it doesn't show up too well. It seems pretty expensive at $37, but I compared it to my Chanel Le Blush Creme in Chamade, which is a dollar more, and it's almost 4 times the product at the Chanel one. It also has little flecks of shimmer in it, but it's very subtle. (I tried it on last night.) Also, it's very pigmented, so a little goes a long way. Also, being a gel, it has a nice cooling effect when you initially put it on. I talk about it a little bit on my youtube haul video, if you want to check it out. (It's the only one I have currently. You can search under the same username I have here.)

2014-07-30 10.30.09.jpg

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How's the texture (is it more creamy/lotion-like or gel-like)? I wonder how it would wear on lips, kind of like a light stain?

The color is all kinds of jumping out to me! O_O I just wanna dunk my fingers into that jar!

tessie84

It is gel-like, but smooth and easy to manipulate. I hadn't thought about it as a stain. It still is a bit watery, but that may work if you blot after application and, to build it up, continue to blot after each application. I forgot to mention that it also as a pleasant, light rose fragrance.

lylysa

The color reminds me of Gak....anyone remember Gak?

kevinbt

[ Edited ]

Yes!! haha

Zpsid91

YES!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Funny enough the blush was in a recent issue of Allure in the Editor's Picks section and there was a mention of how it reminded the editor of Gak. :smileytongue: 

I was able to test it in stores, very smooth and light in consistency and it was very sheer once blended down. Didn't take long to dry down, so layering or building up would be simple enough, but it's a fresh pop of color that would be easy to use in Fall/Winter months to give cheeks that healthy flush of color.

jemly

i'm inexplicably drawn to this. inexplicable because any sort of cheek color is usually off my radar. it may be the gak quality that is whispering to my nostalgic yearning :smileywink:

i think the first gak i had was about this color too. 

lylysa

It feels super nifty :smileyhappy: 

I thought it would pack a bit more of a punch in terms of color upon initial use but it's very sheer so it's just about goof-proof. 

tessie84

I would definitely recommend the blush. I've been using it for a while now, and it's such a pleasure to use. Wonderful fragrance, easy to use, beautiful packaging, and a little goes a long way (like, no joke -- you can easily overdo it), so it's not money wasted.

laynebr

(0) Hearts

I want both lipsticks! Beautiful colors <3

loveandlight

(0) Hearts

What is the lipstick color above please?

tessie84

(0) Hearts

The lipstick in the large picture is supposed to be Framboise Velours (#315).

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

For some reason, I can't reply to any comments :smileysad: So I am referring to the mini les prismes set biedazzle linked down below, and it says that there's .4 oz in the mini blush, but there's .24 oz in the regular full size les prismes blushes. Is this a super awesome deal(*prays :smileyhappy: ) or is something listed wrong. Mod???

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

That blush is too cute! I just wish it wasn't LE The packaging is gorgeous though sigh Maybe if it wasn't just a basic pink, I could justify rushing to get it :smileywink:

Biedazzle

Honestly I think the following has stolen my heart, it's mini and adorable:

http://www.sephora.com/les-mini-prismes-P387708?skuId=1625359

gingaaa

They are back in stock!  I received mine yesterday and haven't had a chance to play with it yet.  The top two eyeshadows are more mauvey than what is shown and the blush a bit lighter.  Really adorable for the price an unbelievable Givenchy find. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 57 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • kenny
    • mpas
    • lylysa
    • gingaaa
    • ilovemyfreckles