properandlovely

Ipsy Glam Bag - December 2013

Has anyone received theirs yet? I just took a peek at my glam room (though I always tell myself not to) and I am pretty pleased with my goodies! The Pop eyeshadow trio is so pretty, I hope I get the natural palette. We always get Be a Bombshell items, which I don't mind. I've never owned an "all over" stick so I'm excited to get it. Nail polish again, which is okay for me. I'm not a big nail person. And I own and love a lot of NYX lip products and Ardell lashes so I am very happy about those!

What's in your bag and what do you think of your items? Is this month's bag worth the ten dollars for you?

ipsy2.PNG

jaimelove

Re: Ipsy Glam Bag - December 2013

(0) Hearts

i got my bag today, and i am pretty pleased with it! i got the eye shadow trio in the browns (yay!) and they are so pretty :smileyhappy: the mirabella brush is nice (plus it cost 2.7x what i paid for my bag so that's a plus) and though the be a bombshell the one stick won't work for me (i don't like wearing anything that makes my cheeks look even rosier than they already are!) the color is beautiful and it blends so prettily! i got the nicka k polish in the taupe color and i'm not a big fan of it, and my nyx lipstick came in fusion and when i opened i thought "ew, no way. it's purple!" but then i tried it on... and holy cow! it feels like butter. and it looks so good on me! i was happily surprised :smileyhappy: probably my favorite ipsy bag yet! i may give the one stick another try, since i only swatched it on my hand. i should probably put it on my face just to see if by some miracle it works for me :smileyhappy: 

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

I got the Pop Beauty Eye Shadow Trio in Smoking Hot.

Haven't tried it, but it looks good.

Alsos got the Ardell lashes. I don't have a social life at so i probably will never get a chance to wear them.

Be a Bombshell in "Girl Crush"

Nicka K New York nail polish in the ugliest colour ever...in a grayish taupe..

And the Nyx lipstick in Cream

Meh... Probably won't use anything in it :s 

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

I cancelled mine too fir the same reasons many of you described. Not that interested anymore.  Sephora please make a box! That would have my interest.

mimibel

(0) Hearts

update:

I'm reading so much of the same things I'm thinking. I'd rather fewer, better products, colors often aren't the best for my quiz answers even when there is a color choice, I've mostly received the least suitable. The products seem less luxe each time and if I want surprise, I can order perfume samplers or go dig in the samples loot bag at my Sephora. I'm still debating. 

I got the mail today and opened it in this order: 

1) samples from a friend

2) Christmas cards

3) Ladurée gift I was excited about 

4) Ipsy. 

image.jpg

DTalksAll

Well my red nyx pencil broke & cracked the case of my silver pop eyeshadow & the plastic from the both is all over the inside of my bag & it has red stains. 

I e-mailed ipsy. 

My be a bombshell is in Sunset, a coral/pink. I like the shade, I usually wear corals & pinks, so it's perfect for me. But it seems a bit thin. I've used creams before and prefer them to be very pigmented for an easy one swipe& blend application. 

The eyelashes look so cheap, but I don't wear lashes that often, I could probably use them for a fun event or theme party. 

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I got my bag today and I am so disappointed this time :-(  Although I was cool with the items I was getting in the glam room, I hate almost all of the colors I got.

I got the Be a Bombshell in Sunset (it's very orange!) and really wanted Girl Crush.  The thing is they know my skin color and hair and eye color and should realize orange wouldn't be good on me and pink would. I got the lip pencil in red. I really dislike red.  I wanted the brown eyeshadows and got silver (those aren't as bad, but still a little disappointed).  The fake eyelashes aren't something I'd buy, but I'll try them.  The blender brush is something I'm excited about.  Still, so sad, especially about the Be A Bombshell stick.

malday

(0) Hearts

I have the same bag as kittichick. I'm hoping I get the brown eyeshadows and taupe polish, lord kows I don't need any charcoal silvery palettes or more red polish! And hopefully the lipstick is a shade that works well with my warm medium tan skin tone, otherwise I'll have to give it to my very blonde, pale, cool toned friend haha. The perfume I'll probably give away as a stocking stuffer, I have way too many samples as it is.

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

I've got the same thing, except the nail polish is the other one.  I'm happy they finally got away from the hair product overload...though now I fear they may be starting to overload me with false lashes.

IllegallyBlonde

I was under the impression that December boxes were supposed to be a bit better for Christmas... I actually liked last months better! Anybody get their Birchbox yet?

DTalksAll

Nope, most subscription boxes don't do anything "extra", at least not that I know of. :smileysad: 

DTalksAll

Not too bad I guess...

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 9.30.27 PM.png

SirenPrincess

We got the same box.

JenBlush

i got the exact same thing!! Im really excited for the lashes!!

kittichick

upload_1708952472570002970.jpg

I like the kinds of products I'm getting (mostly makeup) and i'm optimistic about the colors, but I'm not so crazy about the brands. I've never tried POP or NYX, but I've been meaning to because I've heard mostly good things about them. But they're not exactly high-end/prestige brands. Be A Bombshell seems like it's trying to be, but to me, their products seem cheap. Not impressed so far.

But it's only $10 and the products are worth well more than than. And the bag looks nicer than last month's. :smileyhappy:

Because I'm me, I had to itemize my bag's value:

POP Beauty eyeshadow trio: aprox $8 (about 1/3 of a $24 10 color palette)

Be a Bombshell cheek stick: $16

Nicka K New York Nail Color: $5

NYX lipstick: $4

English Laundry 2 5ml fragrance vials: aprox $7 each x 2 = $14

Total value = aprox $47

So, good deal. If you use everything. 

IllegallyBlonde

Thank you for that! The Cheek Stick was the one thing I was most excited for, I hope I got a good color. 

amberangeline

Love the breakdown! I think it's well worth the $10.

jellybean917

Aww, I would've wanted the false eyelashes, but they're not in my bag :smileysad:

IllegallyBlonde

Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 7.01.58 PM.png 

This one is mine (didn't get it yet but I peeked!) Honestly, nothing I'm jumping for joy over. The Be A Bombshell stick looks interesting, the blender brush seems alright. Everything else will just go to waste unless I regift.. lol :X

roxystar4

I'm debating on whether or not to keep my Ipsy subscription. I like it but I feel like for $120 yearly I could buy something from Chanel or Dior, or Sephora and really love that one, two or three items and not have a drawer full of items I don't use that often. There are the diamonds in the rough but this bag has me a little discouraged.Screen Shot 2013-12-09 at 5.36.21 PM.png

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I'm giving Ipsy one more month, and if January's box has me disappointed, I'll be canceling. I think I was honestly more satisfied with Birchbox and smaller, better brands than these larger, cheaper products. Not to mention Birchbox had the point system, so you got a good portion of your money back each year.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • malday
    • drrragon
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • kso1225