properandlovely

Ipsy Glam Bag - December 2013

Has anyone received theirs yet? I just took a peek at my glam room (though I always tell myself not to) and I am pretty pleased with my goodies! The Pop eyeshadow trio is so pretty, I hope I get the natural palette. We always get Be a Bombshell items, which I don't mind. I've never owned an "all over" stick so I'm excited to get it. Nail polish again, which is okay for me. I'm not a big nail person. And I own and love a lot of NYX lip products and Ardell lashes so I am very happy about those!

What's in your bag and what do you think of your items? Is this month's bag worth the ten dollars for you?

ipsy2.PNG

SirenPrincess

Re: Ipsy Glam Bag - December 2013

For me, I enjoy the surprise factor.  Just looking forward to a box and wondering what might be in it is worth $10/month for me.  And it encourages me to try things that are different than what I always wear.  I thought I couldn't wear darker, sparkly shadows.  I never would have bought the BH cosmetics Asteroid eyeshadow.  And yet I love it!  I went out and bought the whole palette.  It's more just fun for me, for the most part.  I could buy much nicer products for the money, but I'd lose the fun and I'd end buying the same things I always do.

annekevdb

I cancelled recently too - just not thrilled with the stuff. I loved some of the things that I got, but was "meh" to "yuck" with a lot of it. I feel that it is geared to a younger crowd that uses more trendy stuff. I just don't want, won't (arguable can't) use glitter eyeshadow or orange lip pencils. I think NOV was my last month and I am not using a single thing I received in that box. 

drrragon

Nov was my last Ipsy bag and I finally cancelled.  Sometimes Ipsy read my mind and sent me stuff I really needed (like a lip liner or summer nail polish) or stuff I never tried before and now love (like gel eyeliner and dry shampoo).  

But a major reason I signed up was the fun in being introduced to new brands and it just got too repetitive this year.  I also loved the idea of getting a new makeup bag every month, but I got spoiled by my first bag (Dec 2012) which was a gorgeous dove-gray satin case and all the recent bags just seem kind of throwaway in comparison.

The other reason I got tired of it all was the ipsy website itself (so badly designed and just confusing), and that they started bribing people to participate more in their social media stuff with that rewards system.  I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but since I'm not ever going to participate, it also means I'll never get the fullest use of my subscription, which makes it easier to just let it lapse.

KayyLynn

[ Edited ]

That's why I cancelled mine and I don't regret it one bit after seeing the bags from month to month! Don't get me wrong, I think there are some great products in the bags but just not things I really enjoyed or ever used. I noticed each month I would maybe use one product and the rest would get passed on to my mom or friends. I prefer to take the money I would use for the subscription and buy a few products I know I will love, use and enjoy as you said. Not to mention they seem to keep repeating brands such as Pop Beauty, Pixi, NYX, J.Cat, Starlooks, Be a Bombshell and so on. I honestly didn't enjoy those brands and would not purchase anything from those brands so it seemed wasteful for me.

mimibel

[ Edited ]

I got this same bag in my glam room and it's my first that I feel kind of 'meh' about. I could buy full sizes of the 2 Guerlain EDP I've been sampling for $120 if I catch the sales...I joined Ipsy in July so this is my 6th bag and the first where I feel I've gotten mostly things I'd pass over entirely. (Love the lashes but I have a big BOX full of lashes of all kinds).  I told myself that IF that happened, I'd reconsider. The best thing Ipsy has done for me is already done, broke me of a bad habit I had of picking up impulse things at the drugstore :smileyvery-happy: But since that is done, I may not want to keep it. I'd love to hear reasons others havefor keeping   it or letting it go. i thought I might want to do the challenges but honestly, just to win more of whats in this months bag just doesn't  inspire me at all. Ditto for the huge amount of whining and complaining in the Ipsy FB and site threads. They aren't bad products, I've never gotten anything horrible in any of the bags but I'm just not as excited. It doesn't feel like a Christmas bag either. 

Candy357

My first one is coming and I am so excited! 

urbandecaybabe

I'm actually pretty happy with mine. :smileyhappy:

I got the POP eyeshadow, Be A Bombshell One Stick, English Laundry fragrance, and the J.Cat lip pencil (I hope it's the red color, cause I can't wear caramel!). Also the Andrea Strip lash, but I hope to be rid of them soon--I never use false lashes. Really wanted the brush, too. Looks like trading is in my future!

SirenPrincess

Ipsy Dec2013.jpg

POP Beauty Eye Shadow Trio--Very excited!!! I love eyeshadow!

Be a Bombshell The One Stick--Actually excited. I'm not a huge Be a Bombshell fan, but their stuff is okay.  I do like the look of this stick, though, and if I get a good color, I'll really like it.

Eyeshadow brush--Happy. I can never have enough of these.

False Eyelashes--Meh, not anything I ever use. Maybe I'll try.

J Cat Big Lip Pencil--Meh.  I'd much rather have the NYX lipstick! And the colors look a bit too bold for me too :-(

At least they listened to my no nail polish rating last month.

michmo

Mine looks exactly the same and I feel pretty much the same way as you.  It's my first ipsy bag though.  

properandlovely

I'm hoping to get the Be a Bombshell stick in the blush color!

amberangeline

I've got the same but instead of the lashes I have Demeter Snow Perfume Oil Roll-On. Excited for it to arrive! I <3 Ipsy!

mafan

I've got the same thing except the eyelashes (which I wouldn't use).  Instead I've got a tapered eye brush.  I've been looking for a smaller crease brush than the one that I have, so if this is one, I'll be happy.  I do hope that I get the natural eye palette and lip colors that work for me.  And I'd really prefer the Ripe Apple vs the Taupe nail polish.

amberangeline

The Ripe Apple catches my eye a lot more too!

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Still on the waitlist. :smileysad:

properandlovely

(0) Hearts

Aw man :smileysad: How long have you been on the waitlist? I was on it for a month until I got my first bag

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Since late October and for some reason the 'skip the waitlist' facebook share thing doesn't work for me. 

kso1225

I have the same things except the NYX Liptick, which I wish I would have gotten. Instead I have a J Cat Beauty Big Lip Pencil. I'll like the lashes, but the other items will probably depend on the colors.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • malday
    • drrragon
    • mafan
    • roxystar4
    • kso1225