cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

@Anonymous These are supposedly fantastic. Let us know if you try/ love them!

Anonymous Insider

I like Bitterlace beauty , Lime crime  , Jesses Girl ,Sigma , INGLOT ,Jouer Cosmetics , Chaos makeup, Devinah Cosmetics for makeup products 

Shany cosmetics I bought this ilookbookpro palette a while ago from them .It looks like a MAC computer / laptop really cute design/ layout for a makeup palette.

Image result for shany ilookbook pro

For nail polish I like Starilly ,ILNP ,Zoya , Models own,cirque , enchanted  and I like to shop at live love polish for nail polish.

I also like Azature nail polish it comes with a real black diamond inside and I like the colors.

Etoile nail polish has real diamond dust inside the nail polish and I like that brand/ idea too.

These have real diamonds in the lip product loved the idea never got a chance  to buy these though.Lip Sense 

Image result for real diamond makeup

I also liked these a while back 

Image result for p2 summer attack nail polish

That iLookBookpro looks pretty cool! I may have to point that out to a friend of mine who is building up her makeup kit. I'm also loving that purple p2 nail polish. I love it when duochromes marble together. Unfortunately, I usually only see that in the bottle. I'm guessing it's possible to make you nails look like that, but that skill is beyond me.

Anonymous Insider

I bought mine a while ago but I got it from overstock.com they had an ilookbook and an ilookbook pro thats the pro the one that I bought.I think I got it like two christmas's ago.

Yeah its pretty but its the same with sigma lip switch and jesses girl glow stix  the colors dont translate the same onto skin.The bottles look cool though.Unfortunately I dont know if anyones come out with a makeup product that gives off that full color effect.

Below is like sigma its jesses girl liquid crystals they have liquid crystals inside of them that react to your body chemistry/ ph level and create a color based off that but they have pretty much the same formula as sigma and inglot amc

Image result for liquid crystals lip gloss

Image result for inglot amc lip gloss

Image result for sigma lip switch

Image result for jesses girl glow stix

Anonymous Insider

My two favorite indie brands are Beauty Bakerie and Shiro Cosmetics.

Beauty Bakerie's entire line is smudge-proof, and let me tell you, this is not an exaggeration.  I wore their Sangria Splash Lip Whip (liquid matte lipstick) to work on parent-teacer conference night.  I put it on at 7, taught all morning, ate soup for lunch, taught all afternoon, ate a gyro for dinner, and talked to parents until 7:30.  I DIDN'T HAVE TO REAPPLY ONCE.  Seriously, this stuff is magical.  And it isn't as drying as many other liquid matte lippies I've tried.

Shiro Cosmetics has beautiful loose powder blushes and eyeshadows.  The blushes blend out beautifully and give a very natural hue to the cheeks.The eyeshadows are so pigmented, and the brand has them in every color imaginable.  Plus, every product is named after something nerdy (there's a Harry Potter collection, an Adventure Time collection, a Yuri on Ice collection, etc).   

Both of these brands are vegan and cruelty free as well!  You should definitely go check them out, IMHO.

Black Moon Cosmetics... could these swatches be from the palette they are coming out with???

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.23.38 AM.png

So.... a few Indie brands I've come across recently and hadn't seen mentioned on this thread yet...

Alima Pure (also natural): they are my goto at the moment for anything foundation because they helped me nail down my complexion (I still don't know what my MAC number is, but their matching kit made me realize I'm actually neutral toned, not just warm).

100% Pure (also natural): also have good makeup, although I tend to use them more for skincare. But one of their satin eyeshadows is my goto for a quick, everyday shadow, and their mascara is the first mascara I have EVER felt really comfortable wearing. I think I would go to them for everything, except they don't have quite the range of colors I'd want. But if I can find it from them, I'd be willing to get it from them.

Rani Cosmetics: brand new brand by Eshani Patel, whose Youtube channel is responsible for most of my recent makeup binge (it apparently makes a huge difference to be able to see someone of my skin tone and ethnicity swatch and review makeup that I might have been thinking about getting. Can't remember what I was looking for swatches of when I found her channel, but whatever). At the moment, her line is only traditional lipsticks. I have three out of the six, but I love them. They're all sparkling (but not glittery, or shimmery - it's hard to describe). They are also scented, but I have a hard time discerning the scent for the most part - it's really subtle. The only thing I wish is that they were in a liquid formula that wouldn't transfer. I suspect she'll work on that at some point. I have Latte, Syrup, and Bindi.

Lonely Planet Cosmetics (now atomicmakeupny) - this company is currently on hiatus. They're working on rebranding and relaunching within the next couple of months (I have never seen an answer as to why they're rebranding, but I'd suspect maybe it has to do with the fact that Lonely Planet always brings up a certain travel company first on Google). They make liquid lipsticks, and their formula is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE! I discovered them through Eshani Patel's Youtube channel, and managed to snag a few before they closed up shop. I have New Pleasure, Tie Me Up, NY Doll, Fascination, and Babylon. I'd avoided getting pinky/berry lipsticks in that buy because I ALWAYS get pinky/berry lipsticks. Now I wish I'd grabbed a few, because I keep wanting to wear their lipstick, but not having the shade I want in their version. New Pleasure is an everyday makeup shade for me, with Tie Me Up/NY Doll for bolder looks. I've worn Fascination a couple of times to birthday parties and special occasions. I haven't figured out the right place to use Babylon yet...

I like SSChic Boutiques makeup. They have different liquid lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes. Payoff is good. I also like the lashes from CakeFace Beauty.IMG_0987.JPGIMG_0927.JPG

Ooh, those are also really pretty! I love bachelorette!

Anonymous Insider

I own two Violet Voss palettes. I would say don't waste your money because the product itself is terrible quality. Only looks good in finger swatches and irritates eyes. I never have issues with my eyes turning red or watering except when using Violet Voss.

I own all the VV palettes and never had a problem with them. I think they are a bit overpriced for the quality of the packaging, but the shadows I think are not bad at all. I've never had a problem with eye irritation using any of them, but I know everyone is different. Maybe they use an ingredient you are allergic to? 

Aww,  that's too bad - these shadows looked really pretty. Ah well, I'm getting too many palettes already.

Anonymous Insider

Dupes are never as good as the original in terms of quality or looks.They are not worth any money.

Has this been mentioned?  Violet Voss releasing rainbow swatches?

0.PNG

Spoiler
It sho do look purdy - here's their IG post0.PNGHave you seen this @veronika23?

@ZombieMetroAntI did see these and they look super pretty! Thanks for posting! 🙂

@ZombieMetroAnt, Thanks for sharing this, the swatches are beautiful! 🙂

Ooh, so pretty!!! That looks like a nice, jewel-toned rainbow - not too bright or too dark (I wonder if anyone's tried a dark rainbow yet). 

Anonymous Insider

I think Bitterlace beauty has the best rainbow highlighter out of all the dupes / copycats out there.I'am not just saying that because I own 4 prism rainbow bitterlace beauty highlighters .I have bought others and it doesnt even compare to her product.I also wouldnt want to support any makeup brands / businesses who literally copied off someone elses product to try and make money.She is the original she came up with the idea and it kinda sucks she didnt have the legal rights to sue any of those people who stole her idea.Whenever I see copycats of the rainbow highlighter  I'am  like uh yeah it may be cheap but its not good quality and the colors never show up or the colors look terrible.You get what you pay for.The jewel tone colors above  here look soo dark that it would leave someone looking like a clown.Its not even wearable.Bitterlace 's looks like a real prism light/ reflection on your face.

Image result for bitterlace beauty rainbow highlighter

More coming from Black Moon Cosmetics!  I wish Sephora would carry this brand!

Moonlighters!

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 6.28.19 PM.png

Black Moon Cosmetics is launching true Satin lipsticks! Coming soon!

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 7.37.38 PM.png

If anyone likes LOOXI BEAUTY... all regular highlighters on sale only today 🙂

slide_1_1024x1024.jpg

1 Reply
testing