cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

Me too! Now that is what I wanted out of the Tarte unicorn collection!

Totally agree @rastika!!!!

The other palette

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 8.06.40 AM.png

Swatches of the Dose of Colors palette

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 8.26.19 PM.png

Since Milk Makeup launched for Canada recently..I really want to try out the cooling stick and the eye pigments, they look so good! I would love some recommendations or thoughts on th brand. I loved the  look of the holo stick when testing in store but it was a bit tacky, is there a better way to use this?

@Anewxa  I just got the cooling stick... Unsure how I feel about it yet.  I mean it's nice because it's cool (you have to keep it in the fridge) but feel kinda funny once it's on and has been on for a while (on bare face). Plus the fact that it always has to remain in the fridge is a bit of a bummer. So still unsure how I feel about it... it's a meh at this point lol.  Maybe you should see if they can scrape off a bit of product to give you a sample of the holo stick and try it out for yourself... Maybe using your fingers to apply it.  I know they've done some makeup samples similar to that for me before. Ask that they scrape from the sides 😉  I think that's the best way to know if you'd like the full size of that one.

Keeping it in the fridge is awesome, but it will still give a cooling effect even if you don't. I have it on my desk and apply throughout the day because our office is way too hot!

@veronika23 really I did not know you had to keep it in the fridge all the time..I assumed it was an option if you wanted that extra cooling effect. In anycase I definitely don't like of you can still feel the product in the face ..I'll see how gross the sticks are in store bfor asking for a sample lol usually ppl squish the sticks from all sides. 

Do you think you will pick up any eye pigments..there is a nice mermaid green, purple and blue that I kinda want..hoping for a mini pigment promo lol

@Anewxa  well that's what it says to do.  So I keep it there. It's not that I can feel it all that much it's when I touch my face it feels weird. It's hard to describe. lol

Yeah the down side of testers... that's why I said maybe from the sides hoping someone hadn't touched it.

I might eventually try one or two. They are very pretty. Yes that be nice! A promo to try those out!

Screen Shot 2017-03-14 at 8.30.48 AM.png

I got the trial size of the cooling stick. Its nice under the eyes to depuff but I dont think its anything wow. I have their lip oil tint that I really like. It is oily when first applied but that gets absorbed quickly and it leaves a beautiful natural stain that lasts a surprisingly long time. I also have the blur stick, which does what it claims. it slightly blurs your pores and fine lines. It also comes with a lot of product and when you apply it it feels like nothing. I mean, i kept rubbing and it balled up because i applied to much. This brand is not for the heavy make up girl. This is quick out the door minimal day to day makeup. I use the blur stick to demattify the oil lip stain to give my lips some color, also good on the cheeks. I hope that helps a little.

Thank you @gracefulism for the info on the blur stick since that one is also one I was interested in..it has mixed reviews and they did not have it in store to test. I don't generally opt for heavy makeup on a daily basis but what intrigued me was that it was silicone free and convenient packaging. I did see a YT review where the girl said same she kept rubbing it all over until it started balling up..so maybe less is more 🤔 

I might wait to see if they do a kit with the holo blur and cooling stick 😁

Anonymous Insider

I use the Blur Stick everyday! It's best when you lightly apply over face. It feels like nothing is happening but it's because the formula is weightless (+silicone free) then i rub lightly into pores. it works great for me! i totally see a diff 

Dose of Colors -  LAUNCHING this WEDNESDAY 3/15/17 @ 10AM PST!

Screen Shot 2017-03-13 at 5.02.30 PM.png

ILNP

The Magician - UPDATE!

Great news! We still have some remaining inventory of The Magician so if you were hoping to be able to purchase some backups or an extra bottle for a friend, feel free! The 1 bottle per person limit has been lifted!

We were extremely worried about running out very early and leaving many disappointed. Thankfully that didn't happen!

We're so happy to be able to get this magic in the hands of so many of you!

The pre-order is closing soon!

Pre-orders for our spring collections will be ending Friday, March 10th at 10PM Pacific. At this time, discounted pre-order pricing will change over to full retail pricing. 

If there's anything else you were thinking about adding to your order, head over to the ILNP shop now and save!

Adding to your order is easy, just place a new one! We'll be combining multiple orders and refunding all extra shipping charges right back to you.

6d290800-84c1-4cf2-b684-4a930461737a.jpg

Ugh!  I ordered 1 bottle of the Magician last Friday, but now I am tempted to get a backup, even though I haven't even tried it yet!  Limited Editions are my weakness!   

ILNP - Wow look at these collections! @pixiedust2

It's about that time again and we're super excited! Here's a quick sneak peek at what we have in store for Spring!

Our Spring 2017 collection is a 6 piece collection of vibrant spring themed holographics that are absolutely perfect for the season.

We're also releasing a gorgeous collection of 6 beautiful Color Kissed Ultra Holos. These shades are extremely holographic with a delicate "kiss" of color shining through. They're stunning!

Last but not least, we're releasing a limited-edition topper named, The Magician. This topper uses an extremely rare pigment that many in the nail polish community consider one of the "holy grails" of polish. It really is magic!

Pre-orders begin this Friday, March 3rd at 11am Pacific Time

58e06fb3-68a0-422d-ab96-2c8fa8ff0d9a.jpgf01ab404-f073-463e-914d-38185668fa14.jpgc60f2acb-9101-420b-a9de-b78ccb755b55.jpg

these are beautiful colors! 

I want so many of these. It's going to be hard to narrow it down. I am definitely getting the magician.

I know nothing about this brand but wow these polishes are GORGEOUS!

@ElleElleG  they make some nice holo's. I'd say one of my favorite brands 😉

Yay!!!  I love this polish!  I've been trying to decide which colors I want to order Friday.... 💗💗💗

3 Replies
testing