cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

Thanks Lyra!

I'm still keeping an eye on the wear time. It took longer than their 'normal' liquid lippies to dry down but once it did, there was no transfer.

i haven't eaten anything with it on yet, so we shall see how that goes 😉

The rest of the Lunatick Labs.  I'm not loving my outside lighting today. The below apply well.

Contour palette; mix of warm and cool shades.  A little powdery and dusty but it applies well on the skin.  I really love the blush shades.

Lipsticks:  AK 47, Bruja, Calabaza and Lacrimosa.  The first three are really lovely on (the second being cooler and more lavender grey than the first).  Lacrimosa has duochrome and shimmer and is pretty but more high maintenance. It is really growing on me however.  Some unusual shades, that work.

And I threw in the photo of supernatural, swatches below.

l2.jpgl3.jpgl4.jpgl6.jpgl7.jpgl8.jpg

l1.jpg

Last 2 lipstick shades look pretty! 🙂

@veronika23 They really are very pretty.  Unusual shades!

Lunatick Labs Supernatural

Probably the worst time of day to take photos but oh well.  I just love the shades.  It swatches beautifully but I have tried wearing it yet.

super.jpgsuper3.jpgsuper.jpg

@meganlisa That's the thing I really liked about Lunatick, the individuality of the colors. None of the contour palettes I have had those colors. I love the blush colors and those deep mahogany, burgundy and plum shades are great alternative contour shades for fall and the greys for winter! Yes they are a little chalky but they somehow blend and wear well. Not so buttery and lux but I'm glad I own it!

Hmmm I like the shadow palette shades uggggh so many shadow palettes....

@PaletteAddict99  Agreed.  They do apply beautifully and are very subtle (in a good way on).  Very distinctive shades.  You're right, I don't have these either.  I tried the darkest of the cooler shades as a soft contour and it worked.  I wasn't sure it would.  But it's beautiful.  I'm just starting to play with it now but really love it.

I adore Supernatural.  Another bunch of shades I don't have.  A whole mauve, lavender and grey undertone mix, with one warmer color.  With my eye color it's really pretty.  Though I think it would work beautifully for many.

I am really happy with all of these.  I don't know if I would have done it without you saying you had the contour palette and like it.  Thanks!

@meganlisa I'm so glad I could finally give a good recommendation to you as you have given so many wonderful recommendations to everyone here on BT 🙂

@PaletteAddict99 What a nice thing to say!  Thanks!  I really like it.  And I'm finding that the cooler contour shades work better on me (than warmer ones) when I'm wearing cooler shades overall.  So it's a really great palette to have (and I like the other stuff as well!).

The colors do look nice @meganlisa 🙂

@veronika23 The bottom pink mauve has shimmer and barely shows on my skin tone but will show more on others.  I might try to take a photo later...I wasn't liking how the light was hitting.  Dusky mauves with grey and purple undertones mixed in, with the warmer reddish brown in the middle.  Shockingly, I don't have anything else like it.

Cool! @meganlisa shockingly I'm not sure if I have something like that either 😄

@veronika23 Which is seemingly impossible, right?  That between the two of us....

yup. exactly @meganlisa!  I pulled out all (well almost all) my MAC shadows recently to re-organize it and yeah just crazy lol

Totally get it...!!!

Beauty Bakery just launched metal liquid lipsticks. OMG the last 2!!!

232f7cc61bba90868878c8a34826f6eb-Metallic_20Arm_20Swatch_cca9a00f-cef1-42aa-9766-2266416ab018.jpg

i ordered a bunch of these!! can't wait for them to get here

Stunning!

Gorgeous!!! Have you seen a true metallic red from any line? That second one is beautiful, but I want more red vs pink/plum. 

Maybe Ofra @pixiedust2. Check out Dupe That on IG she has a lot of different swatches. The color might be different on you since the swatches above are on a darker skin tone 🙂

That second to last one - so beautiful!

2 Replies
testing