cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE INDIE AND UNKNOWN BRANDS THREAD

Formerly known as: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

A place to discuss new, indie and not so talked about brands. There's a few brands I'd like to know more about but didn't want to start a thread for each so decided to start a thread for all those brands that we don't often hear about.

Tags:

Re: Indie brands and other not so talked about makeup brands

@Magycmyste  they are really pretty! I like a lot of their nail polishes 🙂

This shade is gorgeous!  I may have to give in and purchase some now.

Which shades did you get, V? I picked up a few of the new ones as well 🙂 

@lachaton  a few lol

From Harlow:

Mega L

Birefringence

The Boulevard

From Nail Polish Canada (not here yet)

Summer Crush

Valentina

Wallflower

By the time I saw my email from NPC some had sold out so I was on ILNP's site checking colors out and eventually found the site Harlow & Co.  I had never heard of them or bought from them. I bought what I mentioned above. There was another color I wanted but it was OOS on both sites so waiting for NPC's restock.

I also got some Cirque, Pretty Serious Cosmetics and Colors by colors by llarowe. Waiting for a Cirque restock because I missed out on some colors. 😞

Went a little crazy lol

Which colors did you get?

@veronika23 oh those are some pretty ones! I've never ordered from Harlow either, although I have seen it before.

I picked up Ruby Sky, Peachy Queen, Lilac Bridges, and Wallflower.

I have a few from Cirque that I love - Cabaret Voltaire, Ghost in the Machine, and Version Infinity.

Cool!  Maybe I need to take another look at Lilac bridges lol.  Those from Cirque do look pretty!  I found a blog that had the new colors and under the ones like Wallflower she put a creme from Kiko... It's so pretty!!!

http://labulledebidi DOT fr/2016/06/23/ilnp-shimmer-2016/

Have you heard of ILNP? Tops in boutique nail brands, from all the ones I've tried. They have chromes like no other. Sometimes if you register and put things in your cart on ILNP.com and then close the page, they'll send you a 10% off email coupon. If you're into rose gold, their "Juliette" is mind-blowing! Here's a picture of my little collection, it's awful I'm sorry but definitely check out their website

IMG_2068.JPG

Well now I have to buy a few of these!! I had never heard of this brand. Soooo pretty!! Thanks!!

@melissalid I saw the pics here and am in love. Have my cart loaded and just going to see if they might send me a coupon before submitting the order :):):) Got: Superjuiced, Mega S, Birefringince (looks like gasoline!!!), Charmingly Purple, Cutie Pop, and Overnight bag. Soooo excited about these colors, thanks for sharing!!!

UPDATE: The 10% comeback code was sent within 24hrs and free shipping over 50$

Birefringence was the first shade my mom bought, when I saw it across the room on her fingers I was hooked! It's so eye-catching 

Yes their flake polishes are out of this world. I wear Electric Carnival all the time over a black base. People are constantly grabbing me hands. No polish has ever garnered more attention for me. It's just dazzling!

Ohh I've never thought of using a black base!  I think I'll have to try that tonight. Do you follow Lime Crime on IG? Last week they posted a holo nail that was so stunning I almost choked because I gasped so hard when I saw it! Anyway it turned out to be a regram from an etsy seller, I don't know if its ok to use external links here but the seller was SatninPolish. I guess it's a powder that goes over a black base, I'm not completely sure how it works but I bought it anyway!

il_570xN.1049118653_gyyn.jpg

These new powders are so cool!  I bought the chrome Powder from Molly Cosmetics online and I am obsessed!  It is so cool!  I put it over a black base for a more traditional chrome look and over a pink base for a fun pink chrome look! The powders are super easy to work with!  The only thing I will suggest is using a non wipe UV Gel top coat because the traditional Gel top coats are too sticky to give the ultimate chrome look!

How do you use the powders? The etsy seller doesn't have any details on the listing and I doubt it will come with any. What's a non wipe topcoat? Does it have to be the kind that you have a special light for?

Their holos and multi chromes are some of the best I've tried. Highly recommend. You usually only need 2 coats.

I have 3 of their flake polishes, which are absolutely incredible, and 3 of their others. One is "Juliette," and I agree that it is soo sparkly and glamorous. Their packaging is amazing, too.

Yes it feels like unwrapping a present every time they come in the mail!

Heard of the brand but don't own any. For the Canadians who are interested in these they are sold at Nail Polish Canada but I think you need to sign up for their restock. 

@veronika23 You NEED these polishes! The duochromes and flakies are truly out of this world. I can rec some colors for you 🙂

@pixiedust2 guess I'll need to see some swatches 😄

omggg I haven't tried them yet but I have been obsessed with them forever. I want just about all of their chromes and holos and shimmers. So, all of their polishes.

2 Replies
testing