lovely0233

I need some insight on the UD Vice 2 palette...

(0) Hearts

Hey guys, so I've had this palette for about a month and a half now. I've used it several times but have noticed this is the kind of palette you use more either on a date or on a girls' night out. I'm a makeup beginner so this is my first palette and even though I love the colors, it's not for an everyday look. Should I return it and just get one of the naked palettes instead and which one should I try? My complexion is a neutral tanned brown not too warm/cool toned, black hair and dark brown eyes (think Hale Berry) and my veins lean more towards the green side.

doriangray

Re: I need some insight on the UD Vice 2 palette...

[ Edited ]

upload_8801317021497714650.jpgI think it will help a lot to watch some tutorials on YouTube or look at blogs.  I love looking up the name of new palettes I buy to see what looks other people are creating from them.  You might be surprised at how wearable some of the crazy colors are if you just use them in the crease, wet as liner, etc.  

This is a great starting point:

http://www.xovain.com/makeup/the-three-proto-eye-shadow-shapes#awesm=~ophiFP272yTHlK

doriangray

(0) Hearts

My coloring is similar to  yours, a bit darker and I also have this palette.

I say keep it.  For $59 you get 7 very daytime-friendly browns and taupes, 3 darks for full-on nighttime looks or for lining the eyes, the most perfect true silver, plus deep jewel tones that flatter and complement dark brown eyes.  

There's two pink shades I don't use much, though sometimes I will use Coax on the inner side of my lids, blending out into Voodoo or Ambush.  

It's very handy to have a go-to palette for fun and nighttime looks.  You should be able to do everyday looks with the neutral shades as well.  Enjoy playing with it and get one of the Nakeds as your second palette.  

lecia1167

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I would keep it because it is a great palette. I would try the Naked 1 palette or the Naked 3.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • doriangray
    • lovely0233
    • lecia1167
Photos1
  • upload_8801317021497714650.jpg