liberianbarbie

I need a foundation routine for my oily skin

(0) Hearts

I have really bad oily skin, as soon as I apply my foundation to my skin, about ten minutes later it starts to oil. During the day I am constantly dabbing my face with tissue to absorb the oil. I do not like applying more powder cause it tends to make my skin look cakey. When I started wearing makeup I started using drug stor brand foundations and my face would look like I wasted a bottle of water on it after 20 minutes of application. I decided to switch over to higher end brands to see if it would make a difference. I've used cover fx, which I did not like because it felt to oily and heavy on my skin and i felt like it was not natural looking. I also used a MAC concealer with the mineral finishing powder as my foundation but it was still too oily on my skin and I felt like it made my face look orange. These past few months i just decided to use a powder ( sephora matt finishing powder) to have a natural effect and coverup and my skin still oiled alot. it also looked cakey on my face. I have acne prone skin so maybe thats why it did not go on smoothly as I wanted.

Can someone please help me out. I'm looking for a foundation that looks natural and won't make my skin oil. I already have natural oily skin so I need to stay away from the oil. 

jennypenny1995

Re: I need a foundation routine for my oily skin

(0) Hearts

Counted on Clinique's Stay Matte, but it was never light enough and made my skin itch as I started to sweat a bit in Summer months.  During Winter, I use Tarte's 12-Hour foundation.  Def full coverage with it.  Right now, am adoring Lancome's Dual Finish foundation as it is build able, lightweight, and doesn't cake or hang onto dry spots as the Idole did.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Bare minerals!! For a liquid I've tried the Lancome 24 hour and the Givenchy mat one (this one is nice because its matte but also lightweight)... but generally I'll use bare minerals foundation or the Tarte 12 hour primer BB cream (alone or with a mineral veil). The two liquid products I tried the foundation broke down and oxidized. If you haven't tried BM yet I highly recommend it (not the ready foundation). I also keep hearing all these great things about UD De-Slick... I need to try it! FYI it looks like they are changing the packaging so the bigger size is available for $14 on UD's website in the old style (down from $29). Might have to do some online shopping!

ellismakeuplove

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have very oily skin too. I am using the Revlon Colorstay foundation and for me it's the best :smileyhappy:

I have uploaded a video of my foundation routine on youtube - may it helps :smileyhappy:

MisseCG

(0) Hearts

Just like you I have an extremely oily (mostly on my t-zone) and acne prone skin. I tried using clinique superbalanced make-up, it was a good foundation but it broke me out real bad. No matter what I tried it seemed like every foundation out there breaks me out. So what I do is just conceal my acne scars (with a mac concealer) and put on a mattfying powder (I use bareminerals matt foundation powder) and then I use the urban decay de-slick for oily skin which really helps control the oil and set my make-up. But before all of that it's important to put primer on you can use the smashbox photo finish foundation primer light or the givenchy mister mat. I also use the smashbox anti-shine on my t-zone, only put it where you shine the most though. 

camilamllr

(0) Hearts

For as incredible this seems to be, my super matte skin only works with drugstore products! I have only skin - it's a shine that won't go away and a lot of oil during the day - and when I go to a party, I rather user drugstore foundations and primers.

Boot No7 Mattifying Primer IS AMAZING. It's get your skin so dry that sometimes I have to use a moisturizer before so I can apply evenly. It $7 and it works!

liberianbarbie

(0) Hearts

What type of foundation do you use?

camilamllr

(0) Hearts

I use Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combination skin! My color is Buff or Nude and it stays wonderfully through the day (I have a problem that foundations start to fade so quickly in my nose area and this doesn't happen with this one so)

mmyers

(0) Hearts

De-slick does come in a tube but, available at urban decay.com direct. I prefer the spray.

IsabellaBeauty

Hello, liberianbarbie!

I have combo/oily skin, and these are the two products I use: 

Either Bare Minerals Matte Foundation, or Clinique Stay Matte. Like a previous commenter said, De-Slick is SUPER DUPER awesomeness in a tube, like, the holy grail for us oily-skin peoples. 

It also helps if you use an oil-controlling primer/moisturizer before foundation application! 

x

Isabella 

liberianbarbie

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much for your help. I will be sure to try the clinique stay matte and de-slick. Do you know if theirs a difference between the de-slick in a tube and the spritz?

helpful

(0) Hearts

It only comes as a spray or a powder- I think she meant awesomeness in a bottle. :smileyvery-happy:

liberianbarbie

(0) Hearts

oh ok, thanks 

helpful

I have an oily t-zone- here's my routine.

Purity by Philosophy face wash

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel

Givenchy Mister Mat Primer

Spritz of Urban Decay De-Slick

Clinique Stay Matte Foundation

You can then chose to add a little powder, blush, etc.

Finish with another spray of De-Slick.

If you only pick a couple of products from above I highly recommend the foundation and the De-Slick. The De-Slick is also great midday if you touch up with an oil blotting sheet- another light spray and you should be dry for the remainder of the day. 

liberianbarbie

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much, I'll be sure to try the spritz of urban decay de-slick and the clinique stay matte foundation. I hope this really works because I'm trying to find a set makeup routine.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • liberianbarbie
    • jennypenny1995
    • IsabellaBeauty
    • helpful
    • camilamllr
    • mmyers