Answer
freshmanfishy
Accepted Solution
I'm fourteen and I'm just starting out with make up! What should I wear?????? SUGGESTIONS PLZ!!!!!

I'm fourteen and I'm just staring out with make-up. I wear eye shadow, blush, eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss, and tinted moisturizer. Do you think that is too much? I don't want to look like I'm caking on my make-up or look like a clown. What do you think. And what products do you recommend for me?

P.S.. All of my make up is natural/ neutral colors.

P.S.. I have dry to normal skin

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
rachelchristine
Answered

No, you're not wearing too much! Especially since it's natural colors!

A great tinted moisturizer is Laura Mercier's Tinted Moistuizer SPF 20. It's a sheer, lightweight formula with a hint of color you can use in place of foundation for a natural finish and a healthy glowing complexion. It contains a SPF 20 for the ultimate in anti-aging prevention. It also comes in an oil free version. You can find it here:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P109936&categoryId=B70

For blush, If you are wanting something natural that is very flattering, I would go with NARS orgasm. Its a gorgeous pinky-peach that looks great on all skin tones and gives you a healthy flush. You can find it here:

Screen shot 2011-08-15 at 11.09.07 PM.png

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P2855&categoryId=B70

Before you apply your eyeshadows, I reccomend using an eyeshadow primer. A great product for this is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. This bestselling primer potion glides effortlessly onto the skin providing the ultimate eye prep for smoother, more vibrant shadow and all-day, creaseless wear. You can find it here: 

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284715&categoryId=B70

Now, for your eyeshadow, since you are into neutral colors, I reccomed the Naked Palette by Urban Decay. The palette contains 12 gorgeous neutrals that work for absolutely everyone and you can create a wide variety of looks for day or night. To get some awesome ideas on looks for this palette, go to youtube and type in "naked palette tutorials" and there are multiple looks that are easy, and gorgeous! You can find this palette here: 

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.17.05 PM.png

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P267200&categoryId=B70

For eyeliner, I reccomend the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencils. They come in a vast array of colors and these cushiony, creamy eye pencils deliver powerful, vibrant color that slides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries to a long-lasting finish that won't budge. With the Naked Palette, I think a brown or black would be the most natural looking. Some great color options are;

Bourbon (glimmering dark brown)

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.20.15 PM.png

oil slick (black with silver glitter)

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.20.58 PM.png

Underground(metallic taupe)

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.21.58 PM.png

Zero (black)

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.22.04 PM.png

You can find them here:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P133707&categoryId=B70

For Mascara, just layer on your favorite mascara from your favorite brand! You really can't go wrong with it. One of my personal favorites though is just maybelline The Falsies mascara. It's cheap and it works great!

On your lips, Try Smashbox lip glosses. Right now, there is a set of 6 available and they are all gorgeous colors, and it would allow you to change up your look for all the seasons and events you go to!

Screen shot 2011-08-17 at 6.27.09 PM.png

you can find it here:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284703&categoryId=B70

I hope this helps!

-RachelChristine :smileyhappy:

Answers: 4
ladyzebes
Answered

lol i dont think its too much, as long as your light on the makeup you wont look cakey ;P  tinted moisturizer is a good choice for your age..iv only tried a couple & am currently trying out the stila one, they have one on sale for $10..but iv heard alot of good things about benefits "you rebel" tinted moisturizer, havnt tried it yet so i cant give you my impression on it, but im def wanting to try that one next! as for mascara, i fell in love with the benefit BADgal lash for a regular mascara & absolutely LOVE too faced lash injection for a waterproof! best waterproof in my opinion!! great stuff.....for eyeliner, best pencil iv tried so far is make up for evers kohl pencil..i personally perfer liquid tho, & tokidoki is a good one for that! still tryin others out tho...cant tell ya much about blush cuz i dont use it...& eyeshadow, theres ALOT of good ones! just depends on the type you like & the colors :smileyhappy: also if you have any questions about the right products for you, the store associates are great at helping you find exactly what you want!! :smileyhappy: ...hope i am of some help lol, good luck & welcome to the world of sephora!!! :smileyvery-happy:

<3 amber

prettyinpa
Answered

I don't think you are wearing too many products, though I would encourage you to add a sunscreen to your regimen. Makeup doesn't provide sufficient SPF to prevent sun damage to your skin, so choose a good sunscreen and put it on, let dry, then apply your tinted moisturizer and other products. It may seem superfluous now, but you will be very grateful later when you don't see wrinkles and sunspots on your lovely skin!

Cakey-ness is caused by applying too much product, just apply a thin layer of tinted moisturizer and if you have shine later in the day, use blotting papers rather than powder to stop the shine. You don't have to buy fancy blotting paper, the drugstore kind work just as well. I like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, it comes in a good range of shades so you should be able to get a good match.

Blush can look clown-like if you apply too much or use one that is too bright for you skin tone. Try experimenting with different colors at Sephora (or a department store) and find one that gives you a natural flush and not a bold red cheek! I like Too Faced Pink Leopard for my pale skin, it has a bit of bronzer built right in so it gives a bit of color to the skin along with the blush component. NARS Orgasm (yes, that's what it's called) is also a pretty natural looking blush.  My go-to shadow palette is the Urban Decay NAKED palette, it is really good!

Hope this helps!

letstalkboutu
Answered
(0) Hearts

In my opinion, I think you are, you're still a kid you know. The sooner you wear make-up, the faster your skin gets ruined. But just stick with that moisturizer, eye liner, and eye shadow. :smileyhappy: You'll still look fine.

gsxrbabe
Answered
(0) Hearts
My advice would to also use more natural cosmetic brands. It will keep you looking younger in the long run- trust me! Some of the preservatives and chemicals in certain brands are very harsh and can cause premature aging! (and some are even linked with cancer). I've been using some type of natural makeup since I was in my early 20's and now people think I'm 8-10yrs younger than I am. It's genetics AND makeup that's also good for your skin. My latest and current fave is TARTE!!!! Their line really works and they have amazing products from foundation to tinted moisturizers with SPF to 12hr blush, all types of primers and tons of lipgloss and shadow palettes to choose from. They're always coming out with new products all the time, too! Just look for the little green leaf when shopping online at sephora.com and that will give you an idea of what to look for (and avoid) as far as ingredients/brands. Plus I still have sensitive skin and am acne prone in my late 30s and the more natural makeup really helps keep my skin clear. I would suggest you use natural skin care products along with makeup- Sephora Brand is priced great and is really gentle and Skyn, Boscia and Jurlique are excellent choices but moe pricier. Remember our skin is our largest organ and it absorbs everything both good and bad thru it. Hope this helps! xx Alex
Posted from Facebook
Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • gsxrbabe
    • ladyzebes
    • rachelchristine
    • freshmanfishy
    • letstalkboutu
Photos2