Answer
red83
Accepted Solution
I have red hair, green eyes and a cool skintone. Any suggestions for makeup colors?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Best Answer
artemisgem
Answered

You didn't mention if you're looking for foundation, blush, eyeshadow colors or lip colors, so I thought I'd give you suggestions for all of those. For foundation, in the summer it's usually best to keep things simple. I'd recommend that you get your SPF and lightweight foundation coverage from a tinted moisturizer. I recommend Laura Mercier "Tinted Moisturizer--Oil Free" (Sephora Product Page) This lightweight foundation alternative offers sun protection for combination skin, oil control, and provides hydration to prevent dryness. It also comes in more shades than most tinted moisturizers, so it should be easy to find the shade that will perfectly match your skin.

As for blush, I love the blushes by Benefit Cosmetics. Since you have light skin and red hair, for a simple, natural look, try  the peachy glow of Benefit Cosmetics "CORALista." (Sephora Product Page) I think "CORALista" would look especially lovely for someone with your coloring.

You'll also want a great mascara. For red heads with lighter skin, I find that brown mascara usually looks much more

flattering than black. I recommend Too Faced "Lash Injection Pinpoint" (Sephora Product Page) in the shade  "Hot Chocolate." This mascara lengthens, volumizes, but it also separates and defines very well so lashes don't look fake.

Since you have green eyes (I do too!) I know you have a lot of fun color options when it comes to eyeshadow. Pinks and purples can really bring out the green in your irises but browns and greens can look very flattering too. Here are some palettes in colors that are very flattering for green eyes:

1. Lancome "Color Design 5 Shadow & Liner Palette" (Link to Sephora Product Page) in the shade "Amethyst Glam." This highly pigmented, silky soft shadow palette is the best quality eyeshadow I've ever used, and "amethyst glam" has the most pretty pinks, lavenders and purples I've yet seen. It comes with diagrams to show you how to get different looks. This palette in the colors "Bronze Amour" and "Taupe Craze" would be great for a more casual everyday look to complement green eyes.

2. Sephora Collection "Colorful Palette" (Sephora Product Page) in the shade "Eternally Purple 04." This is a less expensive but still good quality and quite versatile eyeshadow. It will bring out the green in your eyes and also comes with diagrams to show you how to apply it to achieve either a natural or an intense look.

3. NARS "Duo Eyeshadow" (Sephora Product Page) Keep things simple with this pretty mirrored compact crease-proof eyeshadow duo. Some pretty shades to bring out the green in your eyes are "Melusine," "Tokyo" and "Jolie Poupee."

4. Too Faced "Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow Collection"(Sephora Product Page) This versatile palette has some pretty pinks and purples, but also some browns and greens that look very nice with green eyes. It has handy "get the look" diagrams and step-by-step instructions to help you create 3 different looks of varying intensity to make bringing out the green in your irises easier than ever!

When it comes to lip color, peaches look very nice on redheads, but earthy roses and even bold reds can look great too. I recommend the following products and shades:

1. Josie Maran "Natural Volume Lip Gloss" (Sephora Product Page) is a very good quality gloss that keeps lips soft and hydrated. This lipgloss has argan oil in it, which conditions lips and makes them soft and smooth almost as well as a balm does. But it also comes in some beautifully pigmented colors. Try the shade  "Soledad" (sheer light apricot)

2. Bare Escentuals "Buxom Lips" (Sephora Product Page) This is a great plumping gloss that comes in so many fun shades. Try the shades "Amber" (soft shimmering peach), "Leslie" (gilded pearl rosy pink), "Destiny" (peach nectar),  or "Sandy" (pinkish nude.)

3. NARS "Lipstick" (Sephora Product Page) These are pure, creamy lipsticks enriched with vitamin E to keep true color intact.To compliment your coloring, try the shades "Barbarella" (sheer peach), "Beautiful Liar" (satin spiced coral), "Falbala" (sheer shimmering bronzy rose), "Love Devotion" (sheer guava), "Napoli" (Sheer pinkish beige), "Tanganyka(sheer neutral plum brown), and "Viva Las Vegas" (sheer shimmering champagne.)

I think all of these products would look great on someone with your coloring. Have fun experimenting with them to see which products and colors you like the best--that's always the fun part! :smileyvery-happy: I hope this helps you! :smileyhappy:

Answers: 1
tenngal
Answered

Here are a few general beauty tips for redheads that I hope you'll find helpful:

Most earth tones eye shadows and eyeliners work great for redheads—green is an exceptionally good color.  The shades in the Clinique line I’d recommend are:  Clinique Color Surge Eye Shadow in Cider, Gold Rush, Rum Spice, Lucky Penny, Color Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Copper Canyon, and Coffee Shop.  For eyeliners, try Clinique Quickliner for Eyes in Moss or True Khaki, or if you prefer a creamier application, try Cream Shaper for Eyes in Egyptian or Brown Sugar.  To create the perfect lash look, if you are very fair and have blonde lashes I recommend a brown mascara (not black or black/brown) so your makeup doesn't look too harsh. When filling in the brows, be careful not to go too dark. You want to use a soft wheat or auburn colored liner.  You should stay away from black.  Eye makeup gives you more variety in the color wheel because you can use browns, taupes, violets, moss greens, light pinks, hazels, golds and bronzes.  Brown or red-brown mascara will compliment your eyes and eyeliners in brown; beige and hazel (not green) will also look great.   However, you should stay away from black mascara or liner because it can look to harsh.  A dark blond brow pencil or shadow will be perfect for brows too.

Foundation for Redheads

Using a sheer-based foundation in beige colors works best.  Stay away from pink-toned foundations, which can make you look ruddy or too pink.  A light colored bronzer can also be used in lieu of foundation if your skin doesn't require coverage, but you just want to add a little color all over.  A green-based concealer (or green color corrector stick) is perfect for blemishes and under-eye darkness, so be sure to blend over it with some foundation to achieve the perfect coverage.

Coral & Peach Blush

Blush colors should be in the coral and peach family of colors if you are fair, while darker redheads can also use a raisin colored blush as well.  You'd want to go lighter in shade for fairer skin and darker for medium skin tones.

Lipstick for Redheads:  Coral, Peach, & Pink Toned Lipsticks

All shades of redheads can use lipstick and lip liners that are light-to-medium shades of coral, peach and pink tones, and even a raisin-colored lipstick that is sheer and not matte will look great.  If you want to wear red lipstick, find reds that are orange-based rather than blue-based and find a color that suits your own shade of red.  Tinted lip-glosses in those shades will look good, too.

Hope this helps and have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 11 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • artemisgem
    • red83