MintShake

I hate bold lip colors.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

dislike bold lip colors. They are over-powering and overall just alright, and I don't use that word lightly. No bold lip look ever looked good in my opinion and I prefer something rather neutral, or adjacent to my skintone, but that's just me. 

Ps.I changed my opinion, because there are different definitions of bold,and I hate people bambarding me just because I hate a look. 

540691_10151394664234405_147580549_n.jpg

ChicDabbler

Re: I hate bold lip colors.

Things always come across more opinionated/harsher on the internet. It's more of the fact that this post sounds a Facebook wall post, and this is not your facebook. There are plenty of opinionated ladies here and it's ok to get off the Q&A mode, but threads are meant to be things that everyone participates in so if you are at one extremely, it's natural that someone else will be just as passionate as you at the other extreme. Instead of saying "I hate bold lips", if you had said "I much much prefer natural/subtle lips, anybody else agree? what are your favorite natural/subtle looks?" everyone would've probably been fine. 

Personally I like a bold lip, but I wear natural lips most of the time (tinted lip balm/gloss just to make it a shade brighter), which are not to be confused with nude lips (I don't get the concealer lip trend).

Anyways, live and learn. Keep your cool.

beautylovingirl

@bittersweet86- Very well said.

bittersweet86

[ Edited ]

Wow so you learned nothing from this basically people were not bombarding you because you hated a look but rather how you stated it even the new edited post still sounds harsh because yes you changed "hate" to "dislike" and "ugly" to "alright" but everything else is still bad. If you would have simple said " I don't like bold lip colors because..... or because they don't look good on me and I haven't really seen one I liked" you probably would have had people agreeing with you or even maybe saying " Oh I thought that too until I tried this lip color you should some time" it would have been a totally different discussion on here. So sorry to hear that you didn't learn anything from what people were trying to tell you and just took this as you are the bad guy because you don't like a certain thing.  

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I think it's rather rude considering the fact that you didn't even have to answer to my post. It's sad you have to go with the flow, because if you don't you're going to get bombarded just because you "hate" something. I don't hate bold lips, I don't like them, but whatever, think what you want.

bittersweet86

[ Edited ]

You're right I didn't have to post anything and no I am not a go with the flow type person I never have been thank you. I posted because I saw some one say something I didn't like and thought oh maybe they don't understand how what they said was wrong so I thought making a post that said something in a calm manner would make you understand but hey I was wrong. And no I would never get bombarded just because I hate something because I won't word my post in a way that would offend people. 

beautylovingirl

@MintShake- WOW! Your gonna be really lonely here in the Beauty Talk world while everyone passes you by. Sorry we don't travel the negative road.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I really won't care. That's the way I am- mainly negative but i don't hate everything just saying. 

starletta8

I didn't want to touch this thread again- and won't be touching the content. That said, I learned something today- that you can edit a post multiple times with no sign of it left on the forum!  (See: 1st post of this thread)

islandqt

Why are we even talking about this? the comment that no bold lip color ever looked good makes it sound like she went through a hundred years of make-up and decided that a bold lip color was ever done in a pleasing manner, which we all know is not true so why encourage this thread?

Someone who likes powerful eyes may be adverse to a bold lip because the combination becomes to jarring and vice versa.

Make-up when done artfully is always interesting which is why Sephora is in business in the first place.

beautylovingirl

@MintShake- Remember "Public Forum" if you post and people comment  that's the circle of life here on this forum. Give and take that 's what makes Beauty Talk a great place to be. Just like you said above it's your opinion and this is ours. Beauty is not flaming it's fabulous.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

-----

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Sorry I also don't like neutrals, or rather I don't like them very much, but meh. 

emmaclaire

My 22 beautiful red lipsticks (and my gorgeous new PINK lipstick) thank you for your opinion.  No general look is ugly to me, you should try to see the beauty in life and people - and in individuality!

Respect is beautiful, too.

Fabz

Alright y'all I think that we all get this was a poor choice of thread. Let's move on and let it fade into the abyss of BT <3

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Oops, I'm sorry, you're definitely right, I apologize for adding to this silliness.  Let's all move on!

sephoramusthave

Look at us all, future educators :smileyvery-happy:

I think we need a moderator to come close this thread, just because the more people read this thread, the bigger the fire will get.

SweetFirefly

Is there a question here, or a discussion suggestion...? This is just  your declaration that you hate a look. You know that your statement is inflammatory, because you've included the disclaimer, but you offer no question or discussion topic for people to respond with. You say that you have to be honest about it, but this is a completely unsolicited post. I don't think that unapologetic negativity serves any purpose here but to get you attention. 

PickyPlease

Yeessss that was perfectly said. 

kenny

I don't think anyone is "flaming" you, it's just that your post came across as condescending and as dismissing a whole look. And especially since you posted this in a beauty forum where most (99%) can appreciate and love this look and it is a large part of the makeup world.

PickyPlease

:/ this isn't flaming. We're discussing what you said. Idk, were you asking why people do bold lips? 

Throwing in 'imo' and other defensiveness doesn't protect you from people simply telling you there was a lack of tact in this post.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 198 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa