MintShake

I hate bold lip colors.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

dislike bold lip colors. They are over-powering and overall just alright, and I don't use that word lightly. No bold lip look ever looked good in my opinion and I prefer something rather neutral, or adjacent to my skintone, but that's just me. 

Ps.I changed my opinion, because there are different definitions of bold,and I hate people bambarding me just because I hate a look. 

540691_10151394664234405_147580549_n.jpg

bittersweet86

Re: I hate bold lip colors.

I don't think you angered people (at least not me) I just think how you worded what you said got people confused are a bit upset. Mainly the statement "no bold lip look ever looked good" to some that might make them think that just because they have a bold lip on you wouldn't think they looked good just because of that. and the word ugly is harsh as well. 

sephoramusthave

Anything you say via internet comes across a lot harsher/more serious than in "real life" because we cant hear the tone in your voice when you say certain things. Plus, there's a difference in giving your opinion and flat out dismissing a look. I don't walk this earth to please you so I will wear whatever I want.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

The way you said it was rather rude. I simply said I don't like the look? what's wrong with that? It wouldn't be a problem if I said I loved the look, which I don't. 

arielaaaaaaaa

But you didn't say you didn't like the look, the problem comes from when you called it ugly. We can all clearly read your post and ugly, and ridiculous was used, so that's what the problem is. Of course it's not a problem if you say you like someones look, why would it be, if you said it was ugly then of course your going to anger someone, hurt feelings, and be rude in general.

sephoramusthave

I see that your age is in the 13-17 group from looking at the reviews you wrote for Sephora. Hopefully you learned something here. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Period.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I don't know why you have to be so rude towards me because if you don't have anything to say: say it anyways. 

PickyPlease

I didn't want to assume since we have some really great and respectful teens in here. But that's what I thought.

PickyPlease

[ Edited ]

"It wouldn't be a problem if I said I loved the look, which I don't."

That's not true at all. No ones in here only to defend bold lips. I'm impressed how considerate everyones being in trying to explain how your words came across. Rather than arguing.

Though Ill be petty and point out that calling sephoramusthave rude is pretty rich.

helpful

Agreed!

arielaaaaaaaa

I don't think it angered us, i just think you could find a better way to say things so it doesn't offend people, because words like ugly, hate, ridiculous, come across pretty bad, and do offend some.

bittersweet86

Not to mention you have to remember everyone has a different view on what is and what is not a bold lip. For example some think a red lip is bold while others just think it's everyday. I love bold lip colors and have alot but I do not always wear them but when I do I truely could care less what others think of me (unless it's my husband). I also personally think a extreme nude lip is bold if you have pigmented lips were as others don't think it's a bold lip at all. 

I of course think you have a right to your own opinion but just because you might not like something doesn't mean you have to make it public. 

prettyinpa

On me, bold colors look like I'm playing with my mother's makeup, haha! I like a natural lip, but then I'm a more natural makeup kid of gal. That said, a bold lip can look pretty awesome, especially in a red-carpet situation or a really dressy ball event. I think it totally depends on the coloration and confidence of person who's wearing the bold lip color and the event.

sephoramusthave

Well geeezz, tell us how you really feel lol and don't hold back *winks*

Is this the same person that hates neutral shadows?

I LOVE a bold lip, which is why I wear a lot of neutral shadows to balance everything out. I have full lips that I like to show off by wearing bright colors. NARS and OCC Lip Tars make amazing bright colors that are perfect for not just spring, but for everyday wear as well :smileyvery-happy:

kenny

I think it really depends on the person and their look. Personally I love a bright lip, although I prefer matte or cream finishes as opposed to high shine or shimmer. And I find anything too neutral just makes me look sickly. I also know I don't pull off a bold eye  as well as other girls do. I just come to appreciate the ability of different people to pull off different trends and looks. So it really differs for every person, and it may just not be your cup of tea.

arielaaaaaaaa

I think thats a little harsh. It's one thing to say you don't like them, but another to say they don't look good at all, ever. I don't know if your referring to them on yourself, or everyone. But i just think it's a bit extreme to say. Everyone likes different things, i would never say i hate a certain look on anyone or something didn't look good on someone. There is beauty in everything, whether a bold lip, nude lip, bold eye, or natural look.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

I mean, I have to be honest about it. I feel that it looks ridiculous and I myself would prefer a bolder eyelook than a bold lip color, but that's me. 

PickyPlease

You don't 'have' to do anything. Man, social media has def made people feel like they're depriving others of their insulting opinions.

arielaaaaaaaa

Well there is honest and then over the top. I however don't like bold eye on me, but i appreciate how many people can do it and it looks great, i'm not saying i can't do a beautiful bold eye, cause i can, i play around with it all the time but i couldn't bring my self to go out like that cause i love a natural look with a bolder lip. But saying it's ugly, or ridiculous is just a little not right in my opinion. 

sephoramusthave

[ Edited ]

Exactly. I don't like black or brown lipstick, but you don't see me starting a hate thread about it because there are people that can pull it off, just not me.

kenny

Agreed :smileyhappy: I think most people that love makeup, appreciate it as a whole, even if they can't pull off something personally, I think most can still appreciate it.

sephoramusthave

Kenny--Agreed. I know that when I first started wearing makeup it took me awhile to try nude and red lips just because I prefer myself in pinks and since then I have found many other colors that I really like a lot. It also took me awhile to try bright colors on my eyes and once I did, I loved it. I don't hate any color/beauty item and am always open to trying new looks. Since I'm so pale, most nude lipsticks look like I wiped concealer on my pucker which washes me out completely but I don't hate nudes. There's different kinds with different undertones and it takes some practice to find a shade that compliments you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 63 replies
  • 198 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • kenny
    • prettyinpa
    • islandqt
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa