newandaddicted

I could do a no buy...if

So as my name states I'm a bit of an addict (not new anymore but can't change the name...drat!)

I have a list of things I want to add to my collection.  I rearranged my makeup desk yesterday and SADLY realized how much $$$  I have spent on makeup (which I do NOT wear everyday) and thought I'm going on a no buy! THIS INSTANT!

BUT THEN...BUT THEN! *insert sigh here*

I thought of the things I "needed" before my no buy starts.

So lets play a new game 

*I COULD START MY NO BUY IF*

You tell us the top FIVE (no more than five that's it no more...don't sneak them in, but I know we will) items you could buy THEN you could go on a no buy.

1.Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation

2.Another Z palette (or 3)

3.Hourglass lipgloss/stick

4.Lorac Summerglo palette

5.New makeup space lighting

Feel free to come back anytime and change your five, but NOT because you bought something on the list!  LOL

infinitise

Re: I could do a no buy...if

1. Anastasia brow mascara (either this or the mini travel kit) 
  2. Foundation - yellow undertone, semi matte, long lasting foundation.. 
  3. Hourglass film noir mascara 
  4. concealer brush! haven't decided which one but is looking for one 
  5. new hair oil either agave or alterna .. 

I don't know if I could ever start a no buy because I always feel like I ran out of or is running out of something..

annypoo

- Anastasia dip brow in Dark Brown

- Hourglass blush in Radiant Magenta

- Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Ruby

- Anastasia Contour kit

- Dior Nude Shimmer powder in Rose

meagboho

I will not be able to do a No Buy til 2015 -- I have 24 years of make up fun to catch up on. But I'll play because I need to slow down and this will help me prioritize to finalize my little collection...

1. Bite deconstructed -- this may cheating because its a set, but I feel like for someone starting it has a lot of versatility.
2. Find my CC/BB match or a primer match. (checking out TF primed and poreless and Nars radiance)
3. MUFE or TF la creme in a nude lip
4. Bite lip crayon
5. Anastasia brow serum -over plucked for those sweet 90's brows I had, like my mother said I regret it!
6. urban decay basics
7. Origins charcol mask (or something similar)
8. TF brow envy

image.jpg

image.jpg

1SultrySCENTNut

Now I see, I could do this ( and I possibly might be able to do this starting on May 5th,2014 )

My TEN ITEMS ( that I would buy if I knew I could make the commitment and stay true to it,this is something I doubt I can do but I know I can for about 14 days )

1.Glamglow Youthmud

2.Tocca * STELLA * Perfume

3.Bite, Agave Lip Mask

4.Mini Set of OCC Lip Tars currently being sold

5.Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment Palette

6.Clarins Face wash

7.KVD Autograph Pencil,Black

8.Make Up Forever Blush Powder,Color : # 75

9.PHENOMEN'EYES Effect Extension Mascara, Black

10.Urban Decay NAKED SKIN Beauty Balm

**NOTE - this list could be changed or updated daily** LMFAO!

newandaddicted

You only get five *runs out of thread with a fit of giggles*

notcreative

[ Edited ]

My no buy lasted two whole days.  In my defense, today's Sephora purchase is a Mother's Day Gift for my MIL.  I was originally going to buy her something else.  She mentioned today that she was looking for a new perfume.  I told her not to buy anything, because I would get her a sample kit (instead of the gift I had planned).  Now, I will get 3x points. Yay!  The Ulta purchase I made today was really small, so I am not even counting it.  Not including my brow service, tip or tax, I only spent $13.  That is pretty good, right?

1. I really want the lip bag on Hautelook, but I keep talking myself out of it.  I do not want to pay for shipping nor do I want to spend $100 on extra stuff I do not really want.

2. The Hourglass Ambient Palette.  I had it in my cart the other day, but I could not bring myself to purchase it.  Everyone comments on how small it is, so I am afraid I will be disappointed.  I just got the summer stash and am so bummed that it is small.  I could not handle it twice in a short period of time.

3. Too Faced Melted lipsticks.  I swatched them at Sephora on Tuesday and again today at Ulta.  They are awesome.

4. Benefit Coralista or Too Faced Sweethearts Blush in Peach Beach.  I swatched both today and am honestly not sure which I liked more.

5. Lancome Blush Subtil palette in Rose Flush.  The blush and bronzer are nice, but I realized the only Lancome item I do not own is a highlighter.  They do not sell them individually, and I have yet to buy a single face palette.  I think I will wait until I see an awesome GWP.  Dillard's has one with Dreamtone (I love it), but I own all four of the makeup options already and no free shipping.  I do not want to go to the mall.

1SultrySCENTNut

I attempted the no buy, but it will end after 14 days because I have to do my birthday shopping....

So does 2 weeks , give or take a few days, count as a legit NO BUY ???

If not, oh well...   :smileywink:

Spoiler

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

Hey I consider every day I DON'T buy makeup or beauty items a successful no buy!  LOL 14 days is a true WIN!!!

Manda

[ Edited ]

1. Peter Thomas Roth Rose Mask (I BLAME JAYREED FOR THIS D: )

2. A Marc Jacobs Palette (I've been eyeing these babies like mad)

3. Shiseido Shimmering Eye Cream Shadow (Oiy! THEY CAME OUT WITH NEW COLORS! Why does this happen to me.)

4. Dr. Dennis Gross Steamer

5. The Clarisonic Pedi Thing. 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Hahaha! Happy to enable! :smileyhappy:

JayReed

(0) Hearts
  1. Peter Thomas Roth-Laser Free Regenerater Moisturizing Gel Cream- Got it in the 500 pt perk and I love it!
  2. Bigger Acrylic Drawers
  3. Viktor&Rolf Flowerbomb Cream
  4. Peter Thomas Roth Neuroliquid Eye serum
  5. Another Marc Jacobs palette

I have been on a PTR kick lately! I have spent wayyyyy too much money this year and I need to slow down a bit! lol my closet feels neglected!  

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

Now I'm thinking I'll swap out those lipsticks for a Jo Malone perfume once I find one I love!

LariTheLoud

[ Edited ]

Let's see. This is what comes to mind immediately:

1. Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

2. Le Creme Blush de Chanel in 79 Cheeky (summer collection omg)

3. Tom Ford blush in Ravish

4. MELT Cosmetics lippies

5. More Jo Malone fragrances - Starting with either Nectarine Blossom and Honey or English Pear and Freesia

nishcakes

Wait, wait, wait! Everyone is on this Jo Malone kick. I'm left out. What am I missing?

LariTheLoud

I just discovered Jo Malone because of BT! I decided to check them out, took some samples home, ended up buying Blackberry and Bay.

Jo Malone's scents are really simple and pure. The name pretty much reflects what you're going to get out of the fragrance. Buuuut what appeals to me is the layer-ability of all the different simple scents to create a unique signature fragrance. It's totally all about giving them more money but I don't care; it completely appeals to my creative side, and I love the simplicity of each fragrance so much that it's making me terribly excited and happy to build my own perfect scent!

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

I'll be trying another scent today.  Grapefruit was a fail.  Hubster McSexy didn't like the scent either.  Is it wrong I'm SOOO excited to try a new scent today?  Too bad my Nordies is 45min away or I would go get more samples.  Thankfully they don't have body butters because I have a weakness for those.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Grapefruit is nice but too simple, I think I'd only wear it layered with something else. If you like citrus, did you try Lime Basil and Mandarin? If you want to try something more flowery I find Peony and Blush Suede fantastic. Or maybe you'll like White Jasmine and Mint, which is sweet and bright with a minty finish. I really, really like Blackberry and Bay, though... especially layered with Nectarine Blossom and Honey. If I wear Nectarine Blossom and Honey alone, though, I tend to just smell very very sweet after several hours... Blackberry and Bay has a bit more of that verdant brightness (to round it out or by itself) I tend to like.

nishcakes

Melt Cosmetics lippies are on my list too now. All your fault from the other thread. Lol!

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Always happy to enable others! :smileyhappy:

newandaddicted

I'm wearing Jo Malone today...Grapefruit!  Don't think it's for me though.  If you have a Nordstrom near you they will give you free samples.  I got 4 different scents.  The lady also showed me how to mix them to create a better scent, which is JUST what I need at 115 USD per bottle LOL  I have an issue with LOVING a scent when I smell it but when it dries down on my skin, it's like EWWW...NO!  So I have to really wear a scent a few times before I buy.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • Manda
    • infinitise
    • callmefafi
    • notcreative
    • nishcakes
    • annypoo