fluffymuha

'I can't believe I ever..."

We all have our beauty wins... & our beauty fails.

I thought it'd be interesting to share stories on what you can't believe you ever did or didn't do. (make-up & skincare related)

I'll go first:

I can't believe my teenage self ever thought that it wouldn't be a problem to not wash my makeup off at the end of the day. I would wake up with it gone anyway, so no big deal, right? :smileyvery-happy: 

FuturePedNP

Re: 'I can't believe I ever..."

(0) Hearts

More like "I can't believe I NEVER filled in my eyebrows." I looked like a circus freak. 

bad823

Good one! When I was at the Clinique counter (before I filled in my eyebrows) purchasing another product, the SA said to me "Oh honey, your eyebrows are horrible! Would you mind if I fix them?" I've been filling them in ever since.

andreabonder

(0) Hearts

WHERE DO I EVEN START 

I remember, I think it was 7th grade. But let's just say my eyeliner was probably half an inch below my actual water line and I matched all that black with a hand me down fish net long sleeve THING. If I could even call it a shirt. 

hopefully in ten years I'll look back on what I'm doing now when it comes to makeup and give myself a pat on the back. 

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I would buy loose glitter (finely milled) and wet a q-tip, dip it in the glitter and line all around my eyes in glitter. I got compliments on it all the time, but I looked like I had disco ball eyes! lol.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

I had no clue I was supposed to use liner on my lid. I seriously thought it was only for the waterline. :smileyhappy:

heartsmyface

I wore whiteout as nailpolish:/ 

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I did this too, heartsmyface!

Best,
Randee
1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

LMFAO!  The ORIGINAL LEE Press On Nails!  hahahaha...

Using super glue on them just to keep them on for the entire night.

* Gotta LOVE Them....:smileywink:

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Heck, I couldnt even commit to super glue...I just used the tape thingies.  so here I am, using my feminine wiles to impress the guys at the video game place...then POINK! one by one, they fly off...

gogreyhound

I can't believe I ever:

Wore el-cheapo stick-on fake nails that flew off one by one during the course of a night.

Was thrilled to discover how to use a curling iron to make a weenie roll on the side of my hair, and then not brush it out. Yes, we did that in middle school, it was cool.

Permed my babyy-fine hair, then scrunched it and didn't brush it out so it looked curly.

Let some makeup artist convince me that their white cream worked great as an underye concealer--it was like Crisco.

Mixed Iodine and baby oil to spray on when I layed out in the sun. Luckily I hated to sun--tan, so it didn't last long. too hot, too boring.

1SultrySCENTNut

Ack !!! Hammer Pants came back ?!?!?

I am so glad I am old enough to not have to follow every single trend that comes out anymore....

If they only saw us in Hammer Pants , PEGGED Hammer Pants and Hair to big to fit properly in the car !

LMAO !!   ( unfortunately when I do go out on a rare occasion I have the tendacy to poof my hair to the sky like it was 1988 again, hahaha...no wonder people stare - My guy in a worn out Metallica Master of Puppets T and a leather jacket and combat boots and me with high hair..too big to properly fit into a firebird and a leather mini skirt...it all makes sense now - I am mentally stuck somewhere in the Hair Metal / grunge period and never made it passed...lmfao! Now I gotta laugh at myself! )

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I also soaked my hair in hydrogen peroxide for "highlights" -I was not the smartest when it came to beauty growing up. We were not wealthy and I just went with what my older cousin , her friends, my grandmother.... everything I learned about obtaining the current fashion from the wrong people!

1SultrySCENTNut

In jr highI shaved the sides of my hair ( ugh ) and left the rest long and as high as I could possibly  get it !

What the heck was I thinking...of course those were the days I pegged my pants, hammer pants were in, and I would of never ever imagined typing this all on anything called the internet and a laptop !   LMFAO !

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

OOOH! Like the chick in Bow Wow Wow? :smileyhappy:

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Hammer pants did come back a couple of years ago :smileywink: Everybody looked like they pooped their diapers.

laurenb703

-totally overplucked my eyebrows... there is still a spot that's not as full as i'd like it. thank god for brow pencils!

-shaved my eyebrows - just the middle part where i had an almost-unibrow. why did i think this was a good idea!!! (this was middle school ish time lol)

-shaved my lip... thank god for waxing strips now.

-scrunched my hair with wayyyy too much moose and hairspray to the point that it was crunchy - ew!

fluffymuha

(0) Hearts

Which waxing strips do you think are best?

glh4ever

I can't believe I ever listened to a friends advice to use alcohol on my face as toner for my oily skin! I still cringe thinking about the damage I did to my poor skin. 

I also can't can't believe I used to only think black thick eyeliner looked good. Thank you to the mua that showed me the error of my ways before I started high school many,many, did I say many,years ago. 

Alygal90

(0) Hearts

The alcohol thing.... I was actually told be a "popular" girl that she used it on her skin instead of washing her face. I, being the unpopular kid who desperately wanted to fit in, tried it for several days. I quit when my skin was red, raw, and peeling. Ugh.

1SultrySCENTNut

I went through a stage in my 20's where I had a head full of dreadlocks and I actually used permanent red and purple dye on then, alternating the colors. I thought it was sooo cool I could still pull it off. No wonder my daughter was afraid to be seen with me at stores and by her friends parents.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • lovinglondon
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire
    • marydiva