'I can't believe I ever..."

We all have our beauty wins... & our beauty fails.

I thought it'd be interesting to share stories on what you can't believe you ever did or didn't do. (make-up & skincare related)

I'll go first:

I can't believe my teenage self ever thought that it wouldn't be a problem to not wash my makeup off at the end of the day. I would wake up with it gone anyway, so no big deal, right? Smiley Very Happy 

Re: 'I can't believe I ever..."

(0) Hearts

More like "I can't believe I NEVER filled in my eyebrows." I looked like a circus freak. 

Good one! When I was at the Clinique counter (before I filled in my eyebrows) purchasing another product, the SA said to me "Oh honey, your eyebrows are horrible! Would you mind if I fix them?" I've been filling them in ever since.

(0) Hearts

WHERE DO I EVEN START 

I remember, I think it was 7th grade. But let's just say my eyeliner was probably half an inch below my actual water line and I matched all that black with a hand me down fish net long sleeve THING. If I could even call it a shirt. 

hopefully in ten years I'll look back on what I'm doing now when it comes to makeup and give myself a pat on the back. 

(0) Hearts

I would buy loose glitter (finely milled) and wet a q-tip, dip it in the glitter and line all around my eyes in glitter. I got compliments on it all the time, but I looked like I had disco ball eyes! lol.

[ Edited ]

I had no clue I was supposed to use liner on my lid. I seriously thought it was only for the waterline. Smiley Happy

I wore whiteout as nailpolish:/ 

(0) Hearts

I did this too, heartsmyface!

<3, Randee

(0) Hearts

LMFAO!  The ORIGINAL LEE Press On Nails!  hahahaha...

Using super glue on them just to keep them on for the entire night.

* Gotta LOVE Them....Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Heck, I couldnt even commit to super glue...I just used the tape thingies.  so here I am, using my feminine wiles to impress the guys at the video game place...then POINK! one by one, they fly off...

I can't believe I ever:

Wore el-cheapo stick-on fake nails that flew off one by one during the course of a night.

Was thrilled to discover how to use a curling iron to make a weenie roll on the side of my hair, and then not brush it out. Yes, we did that in middle school, it was cool.

Permed my babyy-fine hair, then scrunched it and didn't brush it out so it looked curly.

Let some makeup artist convince me that their white cream worked great as an underye concealer--it was like Crisco.

Mixed Iodine and baby oil to spray on when I layed out in the sun. Luckily I hated to sun--tan, so it didn't last long. too hot, too boring.

Ack !!! Hammer Pants came back ?!?!?

I am so glad I am old enough to not have to follow every single trend that comes out anymore....

If they only saw us in Hammer Pants , PEGGED Hammer Pants and Hair to big to fit properly in the car !

LMAO !!   ( unfortunately when I do go out on a rare occasion I have the tendacy to poof my hair to the sky like it was 1988 again, hahaha...no wonder people stare - My guy in a worn out Metallica Master of Puppets T and a leather jacket and combat boots and me with high hair..too big to properly fit into a firebird and a leather mini skirt...it all makes sense now - I am mentally stuck somewhere in the Hair Metal / grunge period and never made it passed...lmfao! Now I gotta laugh at myself! )

(0) Hearts

I also soaked my hair in hydrogen peroxide for "highlights" -I was not the smartest when it came to beauty growing up. We were not wealthy and I just went with what my older cousin , her friends, my grandmother.... everything I learned about obtaining the current fashion from the wrong people!

In jr highI shaved the sides of my hair ( ugh ) and left the rest long and as high as I could possibly  get it !

What the heck was I thinking...of course those were the days I pegged my pants, hammer pants were in, and I would of never ever imagined typing this all on anything called the internet and a laptop !   LMFAO !

(0) Hearts

OOOH! Like the chick in Bow Wow Wow? Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Hammer pants did come back a couple of years ago Smiley Wink Everybody looked like they pooped their diapers.

-totally overplucked my eyebrows... there is still a spot that's not as full as i'd like it. thank god for brow pencils!

-shaved my eyebrows - just the middle part where i had an almost-unibrow. why did i think this was a good idea!!! (this was middle school ish time lol)

-shaved my lip... thank god for waxing strips now.

-scrunched my hair with wayyyy too much moose and hairspray to the point that it was crunchy - ew!

(0) Hearts

Which waxing strips do you think are best?

I can't believe I ever listened to a friends advice to use alcohol on my face as toner for my oily skin! I still cringe thinking about the damage I did to my poor skin. 

I also can't can't believe I used to only think black thick eyeliner looked good. Thank you to the mua that showed me the error of my ways before I started high school many,many, did I say many,years ago. 

(0) Hearts

The alcohol thing.... I was actually told be a "popular" girl that she used it on her skin instead of washing her face. I, being the unpopular kid who desperately wanted to fit in, tried it for several days. I quit when my skin was red, raw, and peeling. Ugh.

I went through a stage in my 20's where I had a head full of dreadlocks and I actually used permanent red and purple dye on then, alternating the colors. I thought it was sooo cool I could still pull it off. No wonder my daughter was afraid to be seen with me at stores and by her friends parents.

Conversation Stats