fluffymuha

'I can't believe I ever..."

We all have our beauty wins... & our beauty fails.

I thought it'd be interesting to share stories on what you can't believe you ever did or didn't do. (make-up & skincare related)

I'll go first:

I can't believe my teenage self ever thought that it wouldn't be a problem to not wash my makeup off at the end of the day. I would wake up with it gone anyway, so no big deal, right? :smileyvery-happy: 

notcreative

Re: 'I can't believe I ever..."

I can't believe I ever:

Lined my lips with black eyeliner.  Yes, I am ashamed to admit I did that.  I know that also dates me to admit it.

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

that look is back in trend, it's called Ombre lip, lol

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

There is no way I would ever rock it again.  When I see old pictures, I looked crazy.  Although, women with a skilled hand do it quite well.  I still need a lot of work applying makeup.

melissabt

I can't believe I ever:

Went to the beach in high school and never wore sunscreen! I lived near the beach so it was too easy for me to get a tan when it was hot out....that goes for tanning beds as well.

Cut my bangs super short. It doesn't look good with my face shape

I wore frosty grey lipstick

<3 Melissa
fluffymuha

Ooh, I've got another one!

I remember not brushing my hair in middle school, because I liked the way it looked (Surf Spray, anyone?). I ended up spending at least half an hour before each shower, making sure that my hair was detangled enough for some shampooing :smileyvery-happy:

hydee77

When I was little I had a nervous habit of plucking out my eyelashes. I'm surprised they grew back! The thought of doing that makes me cringe! Lol

notcreative

(0) Hearts

My two year old pulls out his eyebrows.  It looks crazy, because there are patches completely missing.  I hope they grow back.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

I STILL do this!!!!

Joannimation

[ Edited ]

I can't believe I ever...

1. Used blue eyeshadow. It was Mimi from Drew Carey Show blue too. This was back in middle school, so I guess I had to start somewhere, right?

2. Used serum as a moisturizer. Back when I didn't know about proper skincare, my mom bought me some Olay Regenerist Serum (which I really liked), and I thought that would be enough at nighttime. This faux pas isn't as bad as not removing makeup (which I also did), but still...newbie mistake on my end.

3. Thought the middle of my forehead was a good place to cut bangs. Right before picture day in the 1st grade. Looking back, it only highlighted the fact that I'm Asian in a sea of Caucasians.

4. Cut my eyelashes thinking they'd grow back longer. Though I do feel like they're longer than they used to be lol. But the short, stumpy lashes aren't worth it!!

5. Plucked my eyebrows IN THE MIDDLE. What was I thinking??? The inner corners of my eyebrows are still very sparse to this day :'(

AlisG

Oh my gosh. Mimi from Drew Carey .. I'm pretty sure that we all have channeled her makeup style at some point or another. 

I bet in first grade you looked adorable with your bangs!!! When I was about that age I cut my own bangs, hiding under a table and without a mirror... :smileytongue:

Also, I'm quite impressed that you had the bravery to try cutting your eyelashes.. Scissors near eyes would be so nervewracking!

GlamMomAngel

i have oily skin so i would use the most drying face wash i could find to wash my face and not use moisturizer because i thought i didnt need it because my skin was naturally oily =/ 

GlamMomAngel

when I 1st got into makeup, I LOVED eyeshadow.  I would wear colors like lime green, blue and pink on my eyes.  the colors would even be blended AND everything would be shimmery.  just looking a mess lol

AlisG

(0) Hearts

I used to also be a huge fan of shimmery/glittery everythings. I'm pretty sure my face looked like sparkles puked on it haha. It's not until you're older that you start to realize less really is more. 

aleishamaxime

when I was in middle school my best friend took tweezers to my eyebrows for the first time and when it was my turn to maintain them I started plucking the top as well as the bottom. and on top of that I made them so thin, but that's what was in! ugh I plucked the top on my brow for years (still have to a little) and I regret it so much now that I like to have fuller eyebrows because the top hairs only grow to about half the length as the rest of my brows and it looks odd. 

RandeeBT

I was goth in high school, and I used to go to the costume store to buy white face makeup to mix it with my regular foundation. I do not wear the lightest shade of foundation even when I don't have a tan, but I used to buy the lightest shade of foundation anyway, mix it with the white face makeup to create a super pale face. Also, the white face makeup had mineral oil in it and would cause me to break out horribly. Not a cute look!

Best,
Randee
tashalicious

i can't believe i ever thought wearing fake eyeliner beauty marks was a good look,  on my oily skin it always smudged, and i never wore it in the same place.       yeah.... i know........ very realistic. :smileyvery-happy:

callmefafi

I can't believe I thought I didn't need to wear lotion or moisturizer with SPF because I didn't burn and I'm African American.  In high school I always giggled at my friends that rushed to put on SPF before we went swimming, went to Disney, or had a day outing.  I figured myself so lucky.  Now, I look for SPF in everything...lotion, moisturizer, lipgloss, foundation...if they had it in nail polish I would probably be like "ooo, gotta have it!" haha! :smileyembarrassed:

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

yep , we may not burn but the sun will still cause wrinkles. 

IttyxBittyxMe

I have to try to make this point to my brothers. We may not burn as easy but the sun does not Discriminate when it comes to doing harm . 

kbmatthews

Oooh, I like what you said "the sun does not discriminate"

well said!

JayReed

I used to wash my face with the generic walmart brand soap and never moisturize, then I would apply foundation with no primer and I was just an oily mess with breakouts... 5 years later I became an esthetician..

*sings "Look at Me Now"*

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 119 hearts
  • 44 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • lovinglondon
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire