mpolansky

How to use the last of a powder product

So after putting myself on a mandatory no-buy for October I've been trying to work on finishing up products. But I've noticed that when most of my powder products hit pan, they start cracking around the edges and then I have such a hard time finishing the product. Most just ends up falling out and getting wasted. Do any of you have good tips for using the last little bit of products? I paid money for them and don't want to waste anything if I don't have to. :smileyhappy:

x0Emilie0x

Re: How to use the last of a powder product

After I hit pan on my powder, I bought the refill then popped the used one out of the pan. There was still a decent amount of product around the edges, so I put it into the plastic holder the refill came in and now I use it with a smaller brush to target spots and certain areas that need more coverage, and I use the full one for the simple all over coverage. That way, I'm still using the older one for something that's very necessary to get good coverage. I've found it works pretty well, kind of a method that goes without saying. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I just scrape all of it out so it's loose in my compact yes but I'm careful when I open it and I use every bit of what is left.:smileyhappy:

evno

[ Edited ]

If you want to use your powder all the way, cracks and all, I found that this works:

1) Put some drops of alcohol (the kind you keep in the medical cabinet) all over the powder while it's in the pan.

2) Make sure all of the powder is dissolving into the alcohol. Add more drops of alcohol if needed.

3) Use a spoon, your finger, or top of a lipstick tube (anything hard and flat) to press on the goopy powder. Smooth out the chunks and cracks.

4) Leave the powder out to air dry. 

5) Voila! Repaired powder!

I use this tip to repair any powder that's cracked, like eyeshadows and blushes. It saved me when I broke my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation powder, which is nearly $40 to re-buy. You can also use this tip to depot your powders and transfer them to better packaging. You can also Google more in-depth beauty tutorials.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

I've used this method with cracked eyeshadows, but I was just worried that there wouldn't be enough product to actually push together. I'll try this out along with putting them in other containers. Thanks :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

I have no patience. when they get to the point that they start cracking, i just toss them and open a new one. My LM powder is at the edges, and when it starts to crack I have a backup waiting.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

I used to do the same thing, but I'm trying to be better about using everything. I paid money for it and I think of it as throwing money away

mafan

I'm in that situation with my Coralista.  It was always soft, and now it's all just crumbled.  The last time I tried using it I had little chunks on the brush and it was going everywhere, so I really need to break down and toss it and open a new one.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

That's what just happened with my Hoola bronzer! The little chunks just get everywhere and made me apply it too heavy. I wasn't sure what to do that's why I headed here!

nebel

I scrape them out and put them in sifter jars.  You can get them at pretty much any beauty supply store- sephora carries them on occasion. I just searched but couldn't find any right now.

mpolansky

Can you buy them at Sally Beauty? I just glanced on the website and didn't see many options for containers. I may just reuse old containers like @lylysa said

lylysa

I believe Sally's should carry rounded jars, I know Wal Mart/Target or even the dollar store have them if you look in the travel area or in the health/beauty supply aisle.

mpolansky

Oh ok that's even easier. Don't want to spend a ton on them so that would be perfect. Thanks for the help!

lylysa

Yup! Even if you end up recycling old cream or moisturizer jars, they work great for this!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • nebel
    • evno