Answer
brandnewquiet
How to keep makeup from sweating off?

Hi Everyone... I can't keep my makeup from sweating off in any kind of heat, please help! :womansad:

I don't have oily skin in all weather, or on its own. If I use an oil-reducing/preventing primer they tend to make me break out or dry out my skin/cause flaking.I do however get hot VERY easily and any time I'm running around, walking outside, or any kind of activity (though I love doing it) I work up a sweat.

I use Bare Escentuals Matte foundation (which I do find is better than original for preventing sweat off), the mineral veil, and BE primetime facial primer.

No matter what I've tried or done, how much or how little product I use, I can't seem to get passed 2-4 hours without having to completely re-do my makeup. I've tried blotting linens, but they seem to take makeup off or mess it up, despite claims that they do not (I've tried boscia's and other kinds)

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! This is such an embarrassing/frustrating problem because I truly always try to look my best!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
artemisgem
Answered

If you're prone to sweating on your face throughout the day (I am too), you probably should wear a different foundation than Bare Minerals Matte. I liked it too, but it just does not hold up to any kind of sweating, and there are foundations that do. Also, I know what you mean about oil-controlling primers drying out your face--some of them are a little too effective to the point where they end up being harsh. It's much better for your skin if you use a moisturizer that will also mattify in the morning after you wash your face and before you apply make up. An effective and very affordable product is The Body Shop "Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion."  (Sephora Product Page) This product will give you enough hydration that your skin won't feel dried out, but it will also help smooth and mattify your skin so you'll sweat less. You can still apply your BE "Prime Time Foundation Primer" over this product.

As for a foundation that will last all day/night regardless of a little sweating, the best one I know of is Bobbi Brown "Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF 15" ( Sephora Product Page) This a great oil-free, all-day-wear foundation for soft-matte, even-looking skin. The sponge-like powders in this foundation absorb excess oil on the surface of the skin so you won't have to reapply powder throughout the day. The emollients lock in moisture to ensure skin remains perfectly balanced, and the transfer-resistant formula helps create a barrier against heat and humidity for eight hours of wear so makeup stays in place. This is a very effective foundation for helping skin stay mattified, and this foundation really does look good for at least six hours, if I'm outside on a hot day, or nine hours if I stay inside. And you could still use some of your Bare Minerals products with it. For instance, you'll still want a setting powder for this foundation, so you can use your BE "Mineral Veil" for that.

I hope all this helps you! :smileyhappy:

iheartshopping
Answered
(0) Hearts

Try one of the Urban Decay makeup setting sprays. Its like temp control for your face :smileyhappy:

poshchel
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hi,

Try a different primer I like Laura Mercier's Spackle. Also try a setting spray.  Urban Decay has one thats awesome,its called All nighter makeup setting spray. Hope this helps. :womanvery-happy:

-Posh Chel

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • iheartshopping
    • brandnewquiet
    • artemisgem
    • poshchel