sephoralovex

How often do you buy makeup?

I'm curious how many of us often buy makeup. Since I'm assuming majority of us are makeup addicts, we just can't stop buying it! But how often? Seasonal? Monthly? Yearly? 

I don't always buy a lot of makeup in one purchase, so for me it's probably every two months. Considering how often I'm on Sephora I'm surprised that's how often I shop.. Haha. But hey, I don't have parents paying for my makeup anymore nor do I have a great paying job... yet. As for drugstore makeup, I only buy some when I'm at the drugstores or a new product is released and I really want to try it. Which is every couple months.

poemelyric

Re: How often do you buy makeup?

I buy makeup anytime I can!  LOL!  Usually turns out to be once a month on a big splurge.  I just dropped $200 on the Nars website getting colors that Sephora doesn't carry.  But it depends on if I like the new releases or not.  I didn't buy as much last year but it all depends on the seasons new color releases.  I didn't go for the Pantone color of the year...  so I stuck to neutrals. 

sephoramusthave

I go through phases....I'm either buying makeup several times a week like a mad woman or not buying anything for several months ( or only buying things I've run out of). I'm pretty good at keeping myself in check and only get things that I know I will use. I freely give away anything I don't like so that I don't have clutter and since I've gotten my small but spacious 8 drawer plastic organizer, I haven't bought anything that cant fit in there.

sephoralovex

Oh I defiantly agree with you! The past two months I have been shopping on Sephora weekly.. Haha. But ever since May came around I stopped. 

Yuumei

I'm so glad I read this post... now I don't feel as guilty about my new shopping addiction! Every weekend my boyfriend comes home and the first thing he asks me is, "What did you by today?" with his head tilted and his hands on his hips like your mom would do when you got in trouble as a kid LOL!!! Anyway, to answer the original question, I think I've place 2 to 3 orders every week since I got hooked on Sephora last November :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

Every week or two :smileyhappy:     

....this week? Three times. Eek!

I need to invest in better ways to store my stash...

connieconcon

I think the vast majority of my frivolous purchases every year occur in the fall when the holiday collections start coming out, and in January and February when they get discounted. 

The rest of the stuff I purchase during the year has mostly been maintenance stuff - skin care, foundation, setting powder, primer, etc etc. 

starletta8

My average frequency is probably a purchase every week or two, with more frequent purchases when new collections are hitting stores.

onomotopoeia9

Whenever there is a sale, or, if I just need a pick me up...except that I have to get something I need...

beautylovingirl

Every week.:smileyhappy:

kenny

It usually goes in spurts. I won't buy anything for a several months and then I'll go and buy things a couple times a week

DesertRose0706

I tend to place 1 or 2 orders per month from Sephora, but I make sure to research my products and only purchase things that I plan to use often.  I am also starting to build my collection, but am making sure not to go over board and buy too many of one type of product. 

mkupgk

every 2 or 3 days

KMeleana

I usually buy a couple times a month but now that I bought what I wanted from the new Mac release I'm going to try to use some things up in my stash.  My problem is when I watch all those makeup videos on youtube it makes me want to go out and try everything.

ayen85

I think im guilty of buying makeup almost every week.but i always jot down everything i want to purchase rather than buying on impulse. I make sure to research on products first,even if its just drugstore makeup. Temptalia is my bible for makeup! Thank God for bloggers! 

redrose04

almost every week. My husband is giving me allowance for what ever I want to buy.

onomotopoeia9

wow, your husband sounds pretty generous :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Twice a year during holiday season, all bets are off and I do ~3 orders per month during those month. Otherwise an order of ~$50 every month or two. This is makeup + skincare + perfume. =X. Still too much for my income tho.

janinebt

I usually buy makeup several times a week. I've gotten really good about only buying what I need rather than just purchasing off of impulse. 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
sephoralovex

Same here! When I first started getting into makeup, I bought products always on impulse. 

Daniela1387

I purchase things from sephora 3-4 times a month…however i am just starting up my makeup collection so Im always looking for makeup that are must haves. I know that come Black Friday and Christmas I will live in Sephora but thats becuz of the amazing deals that come in that time =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric
    • janinebt