ashleynne

How do you store your load of makeup?

The system I'm using to organize my makeup is pretty basic. However I'd like to know what containers etc that you guys use to keep things all orderly. Please post pics/give websites. Thanks guys! <3

mkupgk

Re: How do you store your load of makeup?

[ Edited ]

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Sorry, no pictures today... but I have my makeup in two places.

• Nail Polish: In plastic containers (daisy plastic ones from Container Store), under bed so they're kept out of the sun and in a climate-controlled place.
  • Makeup: I have what is affectionately known as a "quarter bath" off of the main bathroom.  It's a room comprised of a wall-wall vanity, enclosed by two doors.  It's my makeup ROOM.

Yes, I have an entire room- and it's full!  I have the plastic drawers (purple) from Container Store in the large storage area of the vanity for the products I'm not currently using/backups. I have one of the drawers full of the products I frequently reach for, and other has brushes, combs, hair ties, etc.  On the vanity top, I have a magnifying mirror, and a number of containers:

• Large Le Creuset tool crock: Has glass beads in it, and all of my brushes (aside from some special ones) live in it for easy access
  • Glass container with my special glittery B Never brushes (anyone remember them- Lush's sister cosmetics company?)
  • 2x glass containers with eyeliners
  • Beaker full of Chubby Sticks
  • Container for cotton rounds
  • On the other side, wicker box for MUFE Aqua Creams/other products I reach for frequently

When I bought my place, that extra random vanity was going to be the first thing I ripped out. Now, I can't live without it!

starletta8

Scratch that, here's a couple of pictures:

brushes.jpg

My brushes in their Le Creuset.

pencils.jpg

Eyeliners and Chubby Sticks.

And because OH! So Pretty! Shiny!.... B Never brushes, with and without flash:

BNever_1.jpgbnever_flash.jpg

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

OMG I'm totally loving everyone's collections! It's making me feel inspired to go and play with my makeup (and maybe also to organize my own stash). @starletta8 - those brushes are fantastic! They must be so fun to use (and look so pretty sitting on your counter!!). 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

@colorobsession- those are purely for looking at!  My only regret was not nabbing a second set before the company went out of business.  Even if they were obscenely expensive to import from the UK, they make me happy just to look at on a daily basis. If I knew I could replace them, I'd use them (I did use a few of them before I found out I couldn't replace them!).

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

Ahhh, gotcha! That is too bad that the company went out of business, because those are quite possibly the prettiest brush handles I've ever seen! I don't know about you, but I had to cut myself off from buying brushes. I managed to nab the Sephora pro brush belt right after it was discontinued and on sale for less than $100, and then decided that I couldn't justify purchasing any more for a long, long while :-\

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I actually need to buy a few new brushes- my MAC foundation brush is so old that the clear coating on the handle is peeling off!

B Never was the makeup arm of Lush- they had a few freestanding stores in the UK (where I fell in love) and all of their products were decorated like that- even eyeshadows, etc!  They're long since expired, but I keep the containers because they're just too cute.  I'll have to dig them out when I get up to wash my face in a bit.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

bnever_all.jpg

A sign I am organized- it took less than 30 seconds to locate all these.  The makeup inside (squares-lipgloss, circles- eyeshadow) is long since expired, but I can't bring myself to get rid of them.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

Wow guys these all great ideas thanks!!! I want a makeup vanity so bad, it would solve all my problems lol My room is so small all my furniture barely squeezes in. Problem is working in cosmetics all these years I seem to have an addiction and buy a bunch of stuff i dont need/thought at the time I would use. Then you got to find room for everything, another big problem for me. I'm thinking of doing that project 10 plan. It would definitely benefit me! :smileyhappy:

brennab

Thanks Drrragon! Not sure why the site won't let me respond directly to your post....

I got those storage containers at a place called Storage Solutions. They have so many different ones that can be used for anything :-)

sephoramusthave

box.jpg

kalex

[ Edited ]

swfupload_4180111546229113845.jpgI have two Sterilite 7-drawer organizers.  I use smaller bins and organizers inside the drawers to keep everything orderly.

Here's a pic I took of a few of the drawers awhile back.  This is my "currently in use" stash.  I tend to rotate things out of my other cart with the seasons (ie corals in summer and berries in winter).

brennab

2013-03-16_17.21.25[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.23.25[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.33.36[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.24.59[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.35.29[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.27.21[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.22.52[1].jpg2013-03-16_17.30.28[2].jpg

What a fun post and I just happened to snap a few pics the other day :-)

Dolan

(0) Hearts

Where did you get your drawer organizers?

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

Wow seriously! My makeup collection looked like this at one point but I had to toss half of the stuff out because I wasn't sure what had expired/didn't use it. I felt like I was on an episde of hoarders and was struggling to say goodbye to each product. lol. A vanity is so much easier isn't it? :smileyhappy: Thanks for the lovely pics!

drrragon

wow totally drooling over your stash!   love those drawer dividers, the compartments are perfect for makeup!  are those designed for jewelry?

arielaaaaaaaa

I have these Makeup organizers from Avon, I was bored looking through a book and was like oh wow i could use that, i was just keeping my stuff in Sephora boxes lol. Well they are only $10 so i got two! Love them!! So much can be stored in them! I need like 2 more to fit all my makeup and skincare though! But i love these! So if you know anyone that sells Avon you could get them. Here are some Pics. I really crammed stuff in there so you could see how much they hold.

IMG_0429.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

And Also i don't know if you have heard of Pinterest, It's a website with a ton of Craft ideas and Everything you could imagine, And this is an idea on there. If you google it i'm sure you can find step by step instructions. 

magnet.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • kalex
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • drrragon
    • colorobsession