lecia1167

How do you apply your liquid foundation?

I use a Beauty Blender, which I'm very happy with, but I'm curious as to what other people use: foundation brush, Beauty Blender, fingers, etc.? A combination of techniques?

Carmen241986

Re: How do you apply your liquid foundation?

I've been using my Beauty Blender as of lately and I just basically spot my foundation on my face and blend, blend, blend !. I also use it to make sure concealer is very well blended too !. I also own the Sephora Airbrush # 56 , Real Techniques brushes, and did own the Sigma F80 but not anymore. 

DTalksAll

I spritz my beauty blender with some evian spray, mix my foundation on the back of my hand, draw a few lines of foundation on my face & then bounce away with the BB. 

If it's a liquid to powder I use my fingers and work really quickly in small sections. Then smooth it out with a spritzed BB. 

I've tried different foundation brushes, I don't really like to the look they give with liquids, and tend to use them more with powders & Dior airflash. 

starletta8

I use either the MAC 188 or the MAC 190 brushes.

sarinalove

I use  the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki too. 

Candy357

I use a brush, It's like a no name set from Ross. I have the Sephora one, but I liked this one better. 

orkira

I use either the Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki or Hourglass Retractable Foundation Brush just depends on which one I grab out of my brush cup first for the day as they both work equally as well for me.

Bumblee

I use the Hourglass #2 brush for everything! The first time I buffed in my BB cream (mixed with SPF so it's kinda liquidy) with it instead of using LM sponges, I was actually shocked at how smooth yet natural the finish is. I only own 9 brushes and my big powder brush is reserved for the final Guerlain magic balls (yes, it has its own dedicated brush). It's a tiny bit of a hassle having to quick-clean my Hourglass #2 brush between foundation and powders (blush and bronzer), so I've actually been putting the UD Optical Blurring brush in and out of my Love list....

thesupergirl

I use my beauty blender love my beauty blender!

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I use my Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush to apply foundation, I love the finish it gives my skin. I don't really like stippling brushes or kabuki brushes very much, I feel like I use way too much product with the bigger brush surface. I have always been interested in a beauty blender though, I think I might pick one up after Christmas.

sp2001

Expert face brush here too. Love the way it leaves foundation, but not a fan of how much product it appears to keep in it's little bristles. Man is it hard to really get this sucker clean!

mberteig

I use the Sephora Pro Airbrush #56, I get a little product on the end of the brush, kind of stipple it onto the skin and then use the brush in a light swirly motion to evenly spread it out.

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

I've been using the brand new Real Techniques beauty blender dupe! It's called the Miracle Complexion Sponge and the reason I like it is because it's flat on one side (which I use for contouring/applying bronzer or blush even) and the other side is pointed exactly like how a beauty blender is!

I got mine at Ulta for a little over $6 with tax. I think at the moment, they're doing a buy one get one 50% off on all Real Technique and Ecotools brushes. I love both brands so I bought a sponge and a small set from Ecotools. 

upload_1794161283359825300.jpeg

Tayvm

I have the best luck with a Beauty Blender.  I've tried a few different brushes but still prefer the Blender.

sephoramusthave

My favorite liquid foundation brushes are the real techniques buffing brush and the expert face brush.

Kiki1517

I switch back and forth between my beauty blender and brushes. My newest obsession is the MAC 159. Super flawless finish!

upload_1220446108736971376.jpgBTW if you're looking for a flat top brush, Real Techniques now has Sam's Picks set for only $30.

upload_2524992722198692523.jpg

Tayvm

Where can you buy the Sam's Picks set?  I'm in Canada.  We can get a few sets at Walmart but I've never seen this one.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Today was the first time I have seen it, it was at Ulta. It's already sold out on Real Techniques site.

Tayvm

Nuts.  I suppose it's a good excuse to head across the border for a shopping trip :smileyhappy:  Thanks!

IttyxBittyxMe

So I bought the beauty blender recently and I don't see much of a difference from my normal foundation brush. I use the Tarte airbrush foundation brush and my foundation is always pretty flawless.

http://www.sephora.com/airbrush-finish-bamboo-foundation-brush-P302919?skuId=1393628

MikuNerd65

I personally use makeup wedges, that way it doesn't get my brush dirty nor my hands. That and the fact that you can throw them away, it don't cost much..depending on what store you get them at. You always get a good amount when you get it in a package. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • sephoramusthave
    • theramenlover
    • jennypenny1995
    • MermaidBarbie