MintShake

How do you apply eyeliner to the waterline?

(0) Hearts

Actually my question was supposed to be: What's the best type of eyeliner to apply to the waterline ( kohl, pencil,mechanical, gel, etc.) 

~I've managed to apply it with pencil, but I always found it to be to thick and I'm afraid the lead will break and fall into my eye (ouch). 

~ I think I prefer the mechanical eyeliner, because I control the amount of eyeliner I apply to the waterline

What type do you use? 

aviscardi

Re: How do you apply eyeliner to the waterline?

(0) Hearts

Ive used my bobbi brown gel liner a few times in my waterline but it tends to tickle lol even using brushes specifically made for that area. I usually only wear it when i want it to last reallyyy long

on a normal daily basis i use UD pencils. black - perversion or for more daily wear Stila topaz eye kajal-. Both are super creamy, do not irritate my eyes and last long. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Gel is not "liquidy" and shouldn't fall into your eye if you are using the right brush & don't pack it on. I've tried many different formulas, and like using a gel liner (buxom) the best. Cream liners a little too soft for my liking, and some pencils drag which is a pain when you're tightlining. I tend to stay away from Kohl since most of them have lead in them & I don't want the lead getting into my eyes. Another favorite is the Too Faced 3-way liner. It's a liquid with 3 small felt tips. It's easy to control and even though it's not marketed as waterproof, it's long-wearing. I sometimes struggle taking it off at night. 

http://www.sephora.com/3-way-lash-lining-tool-P374934?skuId=1442193

MoreGun89

The two easiest to apply there are Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner and Guerlain Terracotta loose kohl liner.  The clay takes a little longer to apply but has a lot of staying power, however is difficult to remove at the end of the day so some gets into the sinus and you end up spitting some out in the morning.

The kohl is fast and easy since you can thread it, and it smudges a little through the day to give a really nice light smoky look.  If you are going out at night I do recommend refreshing it though.  To add staying power apply a little eye primer just below the waterline.

bittersweet86

(0) Hearts

I've heard so many different ways and product. Some worked for me some haven't and some I still need to try. For me I use pencil mostly but it doesn't always stay but I really like taking a pencil and dipping it into gel (I do this with black liner) and that usually works but I'm not sure if it's the best method.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Something liquidy I'd usually stay away from it, because you run the risk of it getting into your eyes. I think the best method is like the mechanical pencil, because it's thinner. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • bittersweet86
    • MoreGun89
    • MintShake