Answer
mallory3000
How can I get this makeup look?
(0) Hearts
Hello! I am trying to achieve this super pretty look that Dianna Agron is wearing at the 18th annual Screen actors guild awards. I will attempt to put a link along with this question. What kind of colors is she using and what techniques should I try? Thanks for all the help! http://beautyeditor.ca/2012/01/31/sag-awards-12-the-5-major-hair-trends-from-halo-braids-to-pretty-p...
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
megcee
Answered
Hi Mallory, this looks like a relatively easy look to recreate. I will try and help you out. First off it appears that she's used a great primer, like Smashbox, for a smooth base. Her foundation is matte; I recommend Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Set with powder (and option is MUFE HD also). For the eyes, It looks as if there are few colours used. If I were to do this with my kit, I would use a primer first (NARS Smudgeproof is my choice) then apply the Stila Smudge Crayon Waterproof Eye Primer + Shadow + Liner in Kitten all over the lid and into the crease then into the inner corner of the eye and as a liner below. (You can also use the powder Kitten shadow to set the crayon, which I recommend. There are probably lots of dupes so do some googling. Temptalia is a good resource.) Keep in mind this champagne pink colour is what I would use in my NC15-20 skin; you may have to adjust accordingly. Next, I would take a matte shadow a few shades darker than my skin and using a crease brush (MAC has reliable and affordable options) to add depth to the socket. Do this with eyes open and looking straight ahead so you can see the effect. Start with a little colour and build it up. I use Nude from the original Naked palette to do this. I think MAC Copperplate would also work, if applied subtly. Work the colour along your crease then when you reach the outside corner turn in towards the lash line creating a V shape. This shapes your eye. Subtly line upper lash line with the crease colour. Finally, blend using a clean MAC 219, or comparable brush. For eyeliner, it looks as if liquid or gel eyeliner was used as well as the tightliining technique. I recommend Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner or Laura Mercier cake liner, in the blackest colour. If not in your budget, a drugstore liquid liner (Revlon has good choices) and kohl eyeliner for the tightline will work. So first, lift your eyelid and using a flat eyeliner brush or kohl pencil, fill in the gaps between your lashes and beneath them. This can be tedious. Next, line your eye with the liquid or gel liner, thickening the line near the outer corner. Apply volumizing mascara (I like Laura Mercier Full Blown) to both upper and lower lashes and apply fake lashes to the outer corner if you desire. It looks like this is what Dianna has done. Lastly, the blush is applied VERY subtly to the bottoms of the apples of the cheeks, giving a plumping effect. Once again, the depends on your skin tone. It looks matte and lighter. The key is to use a natural hair brush to apply very little colour and blend well. I think a light hand with NARS Douceur or MAC Blushbaby might do the trick as the colour looks more bronze than pink. I hope that helps a little at least! I find a good google session usually yields answers to questions such as these, so good luck!
projeffrey
Answered

Mallory3000,

A suggestions for a very QUICK way to re-create the eye look:

1. Start with Too Face Glitter Glue Shadow Primer all over the lid and under the lower lash line.

Too Faced - Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer

2. Use your finger to apply Stila's Jewel Eye Shadow in Rose Quartz all over the Lid and press it under the lower lash-ine. If you haven't used the shadows yet... YOU'RE GOING TO FALL IN LOVE! They give such a sophisticated, "big-girl gorwn-up", sparkle!

Stila - Jewel Eye Shadow

3: Finish With Mascara and False Lashes! Try pulling your lashes outward into that catlike shape. I really like the I dea of BlackOut Mascara for this look because it will give a really pretty spikey lask against all of the shimmer and shine! As for lashes, Try Sephora Collection Flutter Lashes for a fanned outter edge enhancement!

Dior - Diorshow Black Out MascaraSEPHORA COLLECTION - False Eye Lashes

viviene23
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

According to the makeup artist, here's the breakdown...all DIOR

hope that helps!

Skin: Diorskin Nude Fluid Foundation, Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster
Pen, and Diorskin Forever Compact Powder
Eyes: Dior Brow Styler, Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Amber Design and Mystic Smokys, with Diorshow Blackout Mascara [my all-time personal fave!]
Lips: Dior Contour Lip Liner Pencil in Heather Rose, Dior Addict
Lipstick in Taffetas, and Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss in Negligee Pink
Cheeks: Diorblush in Passion Fruit

Read More
megcee
Answered
(0) Hearts
I just found the exact products used! It's all Dior. Since you aren't allowed to post external links on this forum, google glamour dianna agron sag makeup and it's the first link : )
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • mallory3000
    • megcee
    • projeffrey
    • viviene23