JayReed

Hourglass Blushes

I haven't seen anyone post anything today to my knowledge, but the Hourglass blushes are live everyone!! They are in stores tomorrow with limited quantity! 

DiVWA

Re: Hourglass Blushes

(0) Hearts

Hi, for those who use these blushes:

Can the blush be used if you use the powder too?

I have HG Ambient Powder in Diffused Light. If I use that, then if I use one of the HG blushes too, is that too much luminosity? Or will there be cancelling out of the effects or anything? Or is it better to not use both the powder and the blush on the same day?

And if okay to use both, if I put the powder over the blush, will that affect the blush color?

I've held off buying any of these blushes because of this concern. So far, I haven't seen this question answered anywhere. TIA

jojobe

(0) Hearts

I would think it is a personal preference.  I like to use them and my magic balls together and I love the result. I also like it alone. I have the Luminous Flush and I am in love with it. It may be one of the only blushes I will ever repurchase. It will not affect the blush color at all if you use your ambient powder as well. 

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

Thanks jojobe!

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I bought diffused heat when these came out a couple weeks ago. Last night I was in Sephora and got Mood Exposure. I ordered Luminous Flush 2 days ago. Are luminous flush and Diffused heat really close? Do I need it?  

katie1724

(0) Hearts

So tempting! I bought Ethereal Glow (which I love) a few weeks ago and I'm debating between getting another. I have so much blush, though. They're all beautiful! :smileyhappy:

JayReed

Me too! I bought Luminous Flush and Radiant Magenta and I am debating on Ethereal Glow! Do you like it? I have so many from Buxom, Nars, and MAC, but these are just TOO pretty!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I really like it, yes! It's very, very pale (it shows up white-pink; mine has a lot of white in it) but it does show up on me -- I think the ratio matters, though. If it has more pink in it, or more of a balance, it would be pinker. I'm looking at Radiant Magenta and Luminous Flush -- do you like those? :smileyhappy:

JayReed

(0) Hearts

Yes! I love them both! The Radiant Magenta is just that, more of a brighter pink and Luminous to me looks more regular pink, if I had to pick I would say the Luminous is prettier on me, but the Radiant Magenta is prettier in the pan.. lol 

lyravega

(0) Hearts

How pale is Ethereal Glow? Is it like Illamasqua Katie, or even paler than that?

sarinalove

By chance did anyone happen to also see them in stores today? A day early. 

friedrice

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

yes, I saw them today at Pembroke Gardens, FL. I like the size, it is so cute!

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I didn't see any this morning, but I also did not ask since I was in a hurry. Usually my Sephora has all the new releases at the register, like they did with UD Naked 3

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I purchased Radiant Magenta back when they pre-released them, and Diffused Heat is sitting in my cart...can someone who has both speak about their similarities and/or differences??

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

In my opinion, those two are very similar. i got diffused heat and luminous flush instead. 

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

Do you find diffused heat and luminous similar on the cheeks? I have diffused but im tempted to exhange it for luminous.

mrsbaine

(0) Hearts

I ordered luminous heat. I should have it today, and I'm now wondering too if they're too similar. I bought mood exposure last night (total impulse) and it's very pretty. 

LariTheLoud

I only have Radiant Magenta, too, but this link from MakeUpByTiffanyD might give you a better idea of how different or similar each are:

http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com/2014/02/hourglass-ambient-blush.html

I think Radiant Magenta and Luminous Flush are the most similar. The others look pretty different to me!

sarinalove

I actually saw 4 of the blushes in a Sephora store today 2/20. A day early! It was the Palm Desert, CA store.

consolvo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks for the heads up! I'm going to go check them out now. :smileyhappy:

JayReed

No problem! Happy Shopping! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies