Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

bananachoox3

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

Has anyone given this a try or thought about getting this? I heard many reviews about this, especially Dim. I want to get BT opinions on this one before I go into Sephora. I know I won't be walking out with just one item. 

drrragon

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@bananachoo did the colors make much difference when you tried on Dim and Diffused?  I think one is more yellow, and one is more peach?  Or is it too sheer to really affect your overall color/tone once the powders are on?

katie1724

[ Edited ]

I really, really want to try these! If you haven't seen it, the blog The Beauty Look Book has a really thorough review of Luminous Light (compared to other highlighters) -- she raved about it. I myself want to try Ethereal Light, Mood Light and Luminous Light, but I have yet to find them in stores.

:smileyhappy:

bananachoox3

Luminous light is so pretty! It has a slight shimmer in it. Radiance was the one that I swatched that had too much shimmer in my opinion. These are super fine on skin. I went ahead and got Dim today at my Sephora. Oh man, I want to see what your reaction on these. I'm super excited about trying this tomorrow! Good luck finding them in store!  They feel so soft.

beautyseeker

Hi BC! I have been following the rave reviews for this powder and finally dove in and orderd Diffused, sight unseen.  Hopefully, it will be all that customers are saying because it sounds really great - all in one setting powder, luminizer, color corrector.  I really like the Hourglass brand - every product I've tried has been stellar - but oh, so expensive so it's not usually my go-to brand. I skipped the gorj powder brush for $35 for now but might order that if I love the powder. Will let you know!

bananachoox3

So, I went to my local Sephora today and decided to get it LOL.

Man of man these powder are fine. I choose Dim. Out of the 6, I narrowed it down between Dim and Diffused. I swatch both of them and noticed that Dim gave a more of a softer focus while Diffused looks like a matiffying powder. These two do not contain shimmers.  I can't wait to try it out tomorrow!

helpful

I'm about to order Dim- I'm so excited to try it!! Sounds like everyone loves it!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • beautyseeker
    • drrragon
    • arkansasgal
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4