Kiki1517

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe

swfupload_5111534866149343408.jpg

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but it is now up on Sephora! It was in my basket sooooo fast!

Kiki1517

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe

Sorry I haven't been able to swatch this, I will try to do so tomorrow. Just got it a few days ago and I am in love. They are small, but not so much so that it would make me regret buying this, I actually kind of want a second one as a backup...oh no! People seem to be hesitant about Radiant, but I love it! I'm pretty fair, about NC25 and it works great as a light bronzer on me. I used Dim Light to set my foundation, Incandescent as a highlight, and Radiant as a bronzer and my face was glowing. I seriously want alllll of the full size now! (As if I didn't already :smileytongue:)

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I got it today, and it was so pretty. But the pans are just too small, i can't fit my powder brush into Dim

garnett

I am a total fool when it comes to HG Ambient Lighting Powders.  I own the full size of all of them except Radiant.  I was told it would be too dark for me and for some reason I believed that without trying it for myself.  When I found the new palette I figured it was a great way to try the new Incandescent, the Radiant, and have another Dim which a perfect all over powder.  I have to say that the full sizes of the powders are quite large and even though I use them often, It doesn't look like I have even made a dent into them.  The palette sizes are quite amble and you will get a lot of use from this set.  I have a light, cool complexion and I now know that Raidant is not too dark for me.  It makes a nice highlighter that is not too bronze or orange like most bronzers are on my skin.  The incandescent is an opalescent highlighter that adds a beautiful light and glow but really isn't glittery- it's shimmers.  These are the first powders I that I can wear and layer without getting chalky or cakey looking.  I highly recommend all of them and I think the palette is a great addition to any makeup collection.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I so want to see incandescent.  can you post a pic of it? im deciding on it since i do like luminous. 

aviscardi

photo 1.JPG

diffused, dim, radiant

photo 2.JPG

same ""

photo 3.JPG

luminous 

photo 4.JPG

Kiki1517

Thanks for the swatches :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Radiant is a really pretty light golden shade, but it has a LOT of glitter that you can't see in the pic. I personally am not crazy about it,. and surprisingly i like luminous but diffused was too pale for me, but more of a natural highlight. I didn't even see it as a yellow, it was really pale

ghkim

are these three separate shades that you have or a palette? i thought the palette came with incandescent, dim, and radiant?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

It does, i was just swatching them in store. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

You're right, diffused is not in the palette. It's a LE shade called Incandescent. 

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

I just placed my order for it!!! yay

I have DIM and Diffused already and I love them both...They are like any other powders I've ever tryed.  I get 2 more colors and a back up of Dim light...Im happy.

pemt

I just bought it.. This looks amazing..I've been wanting to try Radiant for a while now..Can't wait! 

gongju87

sigh...if this had ethereal I would be sold

syritt

(0) Hearts

Agreed. I love ethereal. I was really hoping they would put out two, one of darker shades and one of the lightest.

roseate

OMG this looks amazing! Been waiting for this since I saw Christian Siriano's models makeup for fashion week!

ellevee09

When they first came out Youtuber Dustin Hunter did a really good tutorial on them! I love his tutorials! Check it out! Help me understand and pick out them ones I liked. http://youtu.be/W1_H156JNRk

Nicrohr

These have been raved about and recommended to me!  I'd be so tempted BUT it so happens I just bought MAC Emphazise sculpting (highlighting) powder on the MAC website and it was only like $15ish.  

I LOVE it, or I'd want to try these powders as well... I think it will help me hold out that I have a new highlighter i like so much - the MAC is not sparkley, just a subtle "glow".  Several people recommended Hourglass to me for that reason too.

mberteig

Already ordered mine first thing this morning!  I swatched all the powders in the store and I really like Dim, it works well with my coloring, red hair, blue eyes, fair/medium skin with yellow undertone.  I could easily see using Dim as a finishing powder.  I was debating whether to just get the full size, or this palette.  Decided to go for the palette and give the other shades a try as well, can't wait to get it!

mberteig

I received the palette and I love it!  First of all, the case is beautiful, very sleek in design.  I like all three of the powders and don't think they are glittery.  I used Dim for the first time yesterday as a finishing powder, and I think it really made my makeup last longer - I usually need to touch up during the day, but didn't really need to yesterday.  I am very pleased!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I have since used all 3 of the colors and they are all great!  The pans are small, but I can see that they will last for a very long time.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • wendyomgwar
    • aviscardi