Kiki1517

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe

swfupload_5111534866149343408.jpg

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but it is now up on Sephora! It was in my basket sooooo fast!

syritt

Re: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Wardrobe

Man... I do love these powders, they are so beautiful. The downside is the only thing that would make this financially worth it would be if a) the new shade is perfect for me or b) I really wanted this for travel. Cause this palette is the exact same amount of product as one full size and like $13 more. And these darker shades tend to be more blushes than all over powder for me. I'm just not sure the value is there...

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

Now that i see the oz, vs the price im a little torn. I want to try a highlighter type shade such as the LE one in the palette. but separately i would only try Dim and Diffused. And if so , is it worth the $13 more or is it better to just spend the $32 more on 2 full sizes?!

ghkim

my plan is to try the dim and radiant in the store and then if i like them i will keep the palette. if i dislike one or the other, then i will return, unopened (i hate returning a used item to the store - seems so wasteful!). my rationale is that if i dont like all three, its probably better to just get a bigger one (or two) that i love. i am already guessing that the radiant shade might work better on me as a bronzer.

aviscardi

even if you say that it wasn't used, they can't really resell it though.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

really? i didn't know this!

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

Yes.  I agree.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I was also telling that to my friend, we both want to try diffused. So we said if we got the palette and wound up liking dim, most likely would buy diffused FS, so $103 for 1 mini, 1 fullsize both as setting powders. and then 2 mini highlight/bronze shades. its like paying $13 more for trying 2 shades

Panda168

(0) Hearts

Ohmygosh I want this!

melde

Are each of the three the same size as the individuals? I've been on the fence about getting one, but this would make it so much easier! Eeek. BT is making me so poor. Pretty, but poor. Haha. :smileyhappy:

shinybananas

They're smaller than the individual ones, but it would take you so long to hit pan on any of them individually that I wouldn't peg it as something to worry about.  It's a really good deal, considering the price of one.  

Nicrohr

I agree about that - it takes me a LONG time to use things up, esp color cosmetics, I rarely worry about the product size.  Powders in particular.

melde

(0) Hearts

Good point!

aviscardi

I assume they're maybe 1/2 size. If anything if you used one as an all over face powder, that would go faster. but the new LE shade as a highlighter would probably last really long , and at least you could repurchase 2 of them

melde

(0) Hearts

So true!

Kiki1517

The full size are 0.35oz and the ones in this palette are 3.3g each (per Sephora's facebook page)

melde

Thanks! I wasn't sure about the conversion so I looked it up:

0.35 oz equals 9.922333085 grams

So these are about 1/3 of the size. :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

Thank you for letting us know! :smileyhappy:

wendyomgwar

YEEES KIK!!!!

You are amazing lol

Kiki1517

Lol, I wanted it so bad I tried to get it on reorder from Barneys but it was gone quick. But good thing because I will probably get it faster now anyway woohooo!

wendyomgwar

YES :smileyhappy:

And with samples and promo! BWAHAHAHA

Lol

Kiki1517

Yes! I did cave and get that D&G mini even if it stole away 250pts :/ I have the original The One and love it and believe Desire is the other I was debating on in store.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 89 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • wendyomgwar
    • aviscardi