blackunicorn

High-end products with an excellent value (The Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil)

I recently bought the HOURGLASS
Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil, because of the great reviews. I was going through a Brow Wiz way too quickly. When I found out the Hourglass pencil is 0.014oz, for $32 ($37CAD), compared to 0.003oz $21($27) for the Brow Wiz, I was sold. If you compare the 2, the brow wiz is so much more expensive! You would pay $98 ($126 CAD) for the same amount of product! I even compared it with drugstore products and it's still a better value.

So, my question is, do you have any other go-to products that you think have such a great value? 

ballerinagrl

Re: High-end products with an excellent value (The Hourglass Arch Brow Pencil)

(0) Hearts

La Prairie face creams are 50ml as opposed to the normal 30ml, which I really appreciate. They last Forever!

chocopudding

(0) Hearts

I know people either love or hate the Meteorites...but I think it has great value! CAD $68/US $60 for 0.88oz. I've been using them practically everyday, and I've barely made a dent. Supposedly this stuff can last someone for years. :smileyvery-happy:

Plus, if you ever do use it up, the Meteorites tin itself is quite a keepsake, and you could use it to hold jewelry, etc.

enableme

(0) Hearts

I've been wanting to try the HG pencil but am really in love with the ABH and with the price, I always keep repurchasing ABH but thanks for the breakdown! Definitely going to give the HG one a shot

meganlisa

Giorgio Armani Maestro blushes.  These are $52 for .5 oz but I can't fully explain how little you need.  A tiny drop!  And they look beautiful…luminous and natural.  Almost impossible to use up a bottle.

mpas

(0) Hearts

Same goes for maestro bronzer! 

knuevekm

(0) Hearts

Bite luminous lipstick duo is 2 x 0.05 oz lipsticks so total 0.10 oz for $12.

A full size Bite luminous lipstick is 0.13 oz for $24.

I really liked both colors in my duo but I quickly realized rather than buying full size of each color I would get more product for my money if I just bought multiple duo sticks. :smileyhappy:

blackunicorn

I know! I used up mine in the color Violet, and I was about to buy the full sized when I realized that I had a much better value buying 2x the duo. And how cute are they?

lucyshnoosy

Wow!  The price difference per ounce for the two pencils is huge!

I had posted a thread on this in regard to blushes at http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Blush-Prices-per-Ounce-can-be-Surprising/m-p/1459734/highli...

I wanted to buy the Dior Rosy Glow Healthy Awakening blush, but felt it was too expensive.  However, when I looked into the price per ounce, it is actually cheaper than Nars or Bobbi Brown. 

Now I never assume that something is expensive or cheap until I do a little math and see the unit pricing.  :-)

blackunicorn

Yes, and it's really good too, I actually love the Hourglass pencil much more than the Brow Wiz! Thanks for mentioning the Dior Rosy Glow, I might try it next time!

starsandbucks

Peter Thomas Roth Laser-Free Moisturizer Gel-Cream. It's $68 but you only need the smallest of small little dabs here and there to cover your whole face, so a whole jar lasts quite a while. I looove it! 

kenny

Clarins Instant concealer is about $30 for 15 ml, and Maybelline's dream lumi is about $10 for 1.5 ml. So you get 10x the amount of product from Clarins tubed concealer (for about 3 times the price) as opposed to drugstore click-style pens. (In CAD)

In general the value for click pens stinks, so I avoid buying them, except for travelling when they are more convenient.

ivyxox

Definitely Tom Ford eyeshadows! 10g for $85 CAD. Sephora singles retails for $16 CAD for 2g of products. 

Amanderr

Sorry this isn't high end, but on the topic of bronzers, I really recommend thebalm's bahama mama (you can buy online or at nordstrom). First of all it's only $20 and it is the most beautiful shade and the finish is awesome (no creasing and one of the few bronzers that creates warmth and the look of a shadow, no orangey bronze). I do care a lot about packaging and this product does not have amazing packaging, but for the price and the actual product inside, I really don't care. Now, I never reach for any of my regular bronzers (dolce and gabbana or my bobbi brown).

hipquest

Mine is AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel. The best bang for my buck product I've ever used. A little goes a long way. I'd say a bottle lasts me a bit over a year. 

http://www.sephora.com/treatment-enzyme-peel-P232931?icid2=AmorePacific_Bestsellers_Carousel_P232931...

lovinglondon

I second this. I'm still working on the sample size I got months ago. 

lucyshnoosy

[ Edited ]

Hipquest and Lovinglondon, you have reminded me that I have a deluxe sample of this that had been sitting around unopened.  After reading your comments I decided to try it last night. 

Wow!  I only needed a very small amount, and my face looked very fresh and clear afterwards.  I am going to keep on using the sample, and if I continue to like it as much as I do so far, this will definitely be a future purchase.  It's a great product.  The full size always seemed too expensive, but I can see that it would last for ages. 

laura819

(0) Hearts

I have some samples of this that honestly the only reason I haven't tried is because I don't know how much to use! Any tips?

spoiledbrat

Having Andy on BT is a great value! :smileyhappy:

HarlemJPN

I am late to the game on this thread, but I agree, too! 

andyhtrieu

Awww thanks heheh :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 68 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • lovinglondon
    • kenny
    • emmaclaire
    • spoiledbrat
    • mpas