lb1414

Help me pick my wedding makeup!

[ Edited ]

I'm getting married in 5 months (wow, that really snuck up on me), and I'd love some help deciding on my wedding makeup!

Foundation/primer: In the summer I have oily skin and am about NC20. I want a full coverage foundation that will last me most of the day in the heat and humidity (we are doing a destination wedding). I was thinking MUFE HD but am not sure how this will hold up in those conditions.

Blush: Would love some suggestions! One of the new Hourglass maybe? 

Eyes: Naked 3 possibly? I think I want to go the neutral pink route but am open to suggestions!

Lips: Again, something pinky nude. MAC Creme Cup possibly?

DandyLionFluff

Re: Help me pick my wedding makeup!

(0) Hearts

Google Kissable complections .  Jade Marie is the name of the girl who runs that blog.  The does tons of looks, and does quite a bit of wedding makeup.  I like the fact that she lists all of the products she uses.  She uses high end, as well as drugstore brands.  

delanegarcia

(0) Hearts

Congrats to you! I can vouch for andyhtrieu the foundation , the EL DW does NOT BUDGE!! I just bought the EL Lucidity for myself , because the DW was a little too much , ( & I like full coverage) I returned my Naked 3 not because it wasn't   good quality , but because it was too gold-based for me , guess I like the more blue-based , cooler pinks , but on those with warmer complexions it looks AMAZING! The palette I might suggest is the Too Faced Boudior Eyes , It is not pink-shades , but flatters ALL  . Look into it , its great quality & flattering & versatile , meaning you can adjust how lowkey/dramatic you want to go with! Lipstick , or UD Lipstick in Obsessed for pink , or Naked for neutral... I really fell in love with OCC Narcissist or Trollop , oh MAC's St Germaine , Sunny Seoul , or maybe SpeeDial... feedback please & Ty!Oh Lancôme Tient Idol 24hr is a good one too!! & MAC's MatchrMaster is great too , it doesn't oxidize like other MAC foundation & it is oil free & wears is great! Hope this helps!!

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I think I'll get a sample of the Lancôme!

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

I'm just going to be honest with you...I stink at these sort of recommendations. LOL. Listen to the folks below. They know better. Anyway, I'm just popping through to say...CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you a LOOOOONG and happy marriage with your love. :smileyvery-happy: xxxx

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Thanks so much!

delanegarcia

(0) Hearts

you

Congrats to you! I can vouch for andyhtrieu the foundation , the EL DW does NOT BUDGE!! I EL Lucidity for myself , because the DW was a little too much , ( & I like full coverage) I returned my Naked 3 not because it good quality , but because it was too gold-based for me , guess I like the more blue-based , cooler pinks , but on those with warmer complexions it looks AMAZING! The only palette I might suggest is the Too Faced Boudior Eyes . Look into it , its great quality & flattering & versatile , meaning you can adjust how lowkey/dramatic you want to go with! Lipstick  , or UD Lipstick in Obsessed for pink , or Naked for neutral... I really fell in love with OCC Narcissist or trollop , oh MAC's St Germaine , Sunny Seoul , or maybe SpeeDial... feedback please & Ty!Oh Lancôme Tient Idol 24hr is a good one too!! & MAC's MatchrMaster is great too , it doesn't oxidize like other MAC foundation & it is oil free & wears is great! Hope this helps!!

andyhtrieu

here are great bridal tutorials!

She uses the LORAC Pro Palette in this video

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Thank you! These are great!

kbmatthews

(0) Hearts

Thanks for posting these! Now I'm just going to watch these for fun... LOL!

Marika123

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Celebrity makeup artist Lisa Eldridge has the whole playlist dedicated to wedding makeup. Although they are not about products selection, I've found a lot of useful tips there. If you are interested, here's a link to the playlist on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbt-cxk6eag&list=PL5610A50D926096FE

If you don't have enough time for the whole playlist, check out this video for general bridal makeup tips:

I hope this is helpful and have a lovely wedding!

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I've never watched her. 

andyhtrieu

Primer: Definitely try Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting Primer. I have combination skin and it really controlled my oil throughout the day. You can also try Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer, but I'm not sure if it would photograph well because it has a high amount of titanium dioxide and iron oxides.

Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear, Double Wear Light, NARS Sheer Glow/Matte, MUFE HD or MUFE Mat Velvet. The Estee Lauder double wear has medium to full coverage but won't look flat, dry, or cakey. It lasted on my skin during the summer while I was at Disneyland. This foundation has a chance of looking white in photography to be careful. The Double Wear light is the same. The only difference is that it feels a lot lighter on the skin. NARS Sheer Glow/Matte have medium to full coverage and sets to a natural satin matte finish. I personally like the Sheer glow better because it's already a tiny bit glowy. The sheer matte ends up becoming glow after a few hours. These two photograph beautifully. The MUFE HD also has medium to full coverage and sets to a satin matte finish. The MUFE Mat Velvet sets to a really nice matte finish.

Eyes: I love the LORAC Pro palette because you can make a ton of different looks. I like this better than the naked palettes just because there's and equal amount of matte and shimmery shades. The shimmery shades don't have actual glitter like some of the shades in the naked palettes do. This palette does have some fall out, so I recommend doing your eye makeup first, then foundation

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestions!

Hourglass primer is on my list of things I want to try. I currently have ELDW and MUFE Mat Velvet but I feel like I want something a bit more glowy. I've also tried MUFE HD and that is what I may go with but I'm also interested in NARS Sheer Matte/Glow. 

I also have have the Lorac Pro palette but I feel like I want something more pink based. I'll try some looks out with that through!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lb1414
    • Marika123
    • DandyLionFluff
    • nishcakes
    • delanegarcia
    • kbmatthews