Britlee303

Help! Reputable seller that still has the old formula of guerlain meteorites in stock???

As soon as I realized they were being discontinued, I ordered one of each color from the Neiman Marcus website (which still to this day shows that both formulas are available), but when I received my package they sent the new formula! I might have been willing to just give them a try instead, but literally half of the pearls in each container were crushed. When I called customer service, the lady I spoke to had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, or even that they were being reformulated. She assured me that they are getting a new shipment of the old formula in February and I will receive my replacements then, but I am still extremely skeptical...why would they be getting a new shipment of a product that every other store has already discontinued? I have called both Sephora and Nordstrom and have not had any luck finding them. Has anyone else found somewhere reputable that still has them in stock? I am not comfortable with ordering something that expensive from Amazon or Ebay with all of the fake products out there. Does anyone have experience with FragranceNet(dot)com? It looks like they have a couple of the shades in stock and google lists them as a trusted store, but I have never ordered anything from that site before so I'm not sure if it's actually legit!

aviscardi

Re: Help! Reputable seller that still has the old formula of guerlain meteorites in stock???

can i just say the packaging is gorg lol. i just want it to keep my ben nye powders in

AKRinNY

Re: Help! Reputable seller that still has the old formula of guerlain meteorites in stock???

I know! I want to be rich, buy a house with a huge bathroom, and just fill it with products with gorgeous packaging. Just to look at. And also all those gorgeous molded powders and palettes, all marbleized and molded and multicolored and metallic I just want to sit in a room of makeup and boxes for the rest of my life. 

KMeleana

being new to this product - just bought my first today, can I ask what is the difference between the old and new formula? Thanks for your help. Susan
swanbeauty

The new formula is supposed to be much softer, and easier to pick up with a brush, but the pearls break easier.  The size of the package is also quite a bit smaller, and the old package is a tin, the new a cardboard box.  It went from 1.05 oz to 0.88 oz, but the cost is the same.

SallieSunshine

(0) Hearts

You know how sometimes you have such an Epically Bad Customer Service Experience that you cannot even hear the name of a store without your blood pressure rising? Yeah. That's me with Neiman Marcus. One of the worst customer service experiences of my life.

My godmother bought me a dinner plate from my china pattern last Christmas. This is a $100 dinner plate. It arrived shattered. I called to request a replacement and they shipped me a display model - complete with black smudges, scratches, and "for display only" stickers. I called again. Customer service made me ship it back AT MY OWN EXPENSE. Then they sent me (I am not kidding) another display model. 

I had been very understanding and polite and friendly until the second display model. It takes a lot to get me to be anything but accommodating. I called Neiman's customer service again, and they told me to ship it back again! I told them no way in Hades was I paying to ship ANOTHER janky plate back. I must have talked to every "supervisor" at customer service. They finally agreed to send me a prepaid return label and a FOURTH plate. That one was actually a new plate.

Via U.S. Mail, they sent me a canned apology letter with a $10 gift card to reimburse me for the shipping - as if I was ever going to spend another cent at Neiman Marcus. I responded by mail with a letter to the customer service rep who sent me the gift card and the chief of customer relations at their corporate HQ telling them, among other things, that the $10 gift card was a slap in the face. A few weeks later I got a FedEx package. I thought it was going to be a new plate with an apology. I mean, this is Neiman freaking Marcus, and we're talking about the china pattern I intend to collect my entire life. Nope. It was a $20 gift card to go with my $10 gift card. No letter. Nothing.

Meanwhile, I have found a wonderful small business in Yardley, PA, that carries my pattern. They could not be nicer. And I will never ever EVER spend a dime at Neiman Marcus again. Like, never.

AznAngelLiz

Oh wow! I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience at Neiman's. I have only ordered from them once or twice and everything was right with my orders. I would've flipped out if I got a display model and you are much more patient than I. I'm glad they finally fixed it though and at least there was an attempt to apologize although I know $30 would not get you anything in that store!

On a lighter note, the end of your comment made me think of the Taylor Swift song, We Are Never Getting Back Together and now it's stuck in my head. Lol.

kstrat

(0) Hearts

My dad bought my mom some perfume from FragranceNet and didn't have any issues.  He's been using it for years since the perfume she loved was sold out in stores and now they always send coupons which makes it a really good deal! I recommend purchasing from them!

nikki

I just got Dore and Beige in the old version from Izzys and they are 100% legit, I compared the boxes, packaging, and product to the ones I bought in store, and they are the same.

I got one coming from Strawberry net so I hope those are legit too. 

Would love more, but ebay scares me too much for fakes, especially with the fakes that showed up here :smileysad:

swanbeauty

Thanks Nikki!!  I am **TRYING** to be patient, as Izzy's won't ship until mid Feb...

Nice to know you got legit items from them.

Hope your Strawberry order turns out ok!

nikki

Thanks! I keep checking Izzy's in case Light as Air, Nuit or Pucci pearls come back in stock. Hopefully you get the older pearls you want!

swanbeauty

I'm trying not to be obsessed with these, but I had to also get this little set:Pic8FB601d20408.png

I don't know what the three you listed look like, but they all seem to be so pretty!!  

nikki

Those tempted me too!

upload_4106667747364093980.png

Light as air. I want them so much I would sell my soul.

upload_3734191046270020830.jpg

Nuit, also would make a deal with Crowley for these.

upload_4571103155815292872.jpg

Pucci/Perles de Azur

Basically I want every pearl ever made because I'm OCD/have a compulsion.

swanbeauty

Wow... the light as air set is amazing too!!  Hmmm... wonder where you could find them....  maybe back stock at Neimans or something?  Hmmm.....

nikki

I think they are a few years old at this point, so I don't think stores would have them, in my experience LE and seasonal collections are usually shipped back at the end of the year/season to make room for more products and things that sell more.

swanbeauty

:smileysad:

I have to keep my eye out at Last Call, Rack and Off Fifth to see if they ever have these types of high end products... I never thought about it before...

beethousand

I've heard issues of fake products from strawberry net before, but it seems like they sell a mix of real and fake, so hopefully yours are real!

nikki

(0) Hearts

Yuck! Thanks for warning me! I'll unsubscribe from their list right now. I haven't gotten my products yet, which is iffy :/

Britlee303

If they are Hong Kong based I'm assuming that's why it's taking so long to get to you, but fingers crossed that you will get your Meteorites soon and they will be legit! And if they aren't then I hope you are able to get your money back

nikki

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I tried to track my package, but it's not working. Hopefully they are legit, but this experience, plus these posts have made me decided to not recommend them or use them again.

Izzys was great though, and I got a L'Occitane soap gwp.

Britlee303

Yeah I definitely don't think I will be trying them either. I am glad everything went well with Izzys though, and I always love a good GWP!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 39 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • nikki
    • aviscardi
    • swanbeauty
    • kstrat
    • kso1225
    • KMeleana