heatherbee

Has anyone shopped from QVC before??

I'm really interested in the Bareminerals eyeshadow palettes, but they are only offered on QVC (boo!!!) I've never shopped from QVC before, but the shipping costs really dissuade me purchasing, especially since the shipping appears to increase as I add another palette to my cart as opposed to a flat rate shipping. Is there a way to get free shipping on the site or flat rate? I did notice the shipping of the second item decreased from its original , but it's still dumb to me. Also, I'm in Hawaii so shipping tends to be higher than the mainland (if shipping isn't flat to all states) which is why I care so much about it lol. Thanks! :smileyvery-happy:

newandaddicted

Re: Has anyone shopped from QVC before??

(0) Hearts

They are having Friday night beauty now...4 tarte clay eyeliners for $29 and FREE SHIPPING

Haven't seen anything else I'd want yet. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I am avoiding it...I finally ordered Meteorites today, so that kinda does it for now. Poor Lisa Robertson's voice, though! she sounds awful!! :smileyhappy:

beauty2sample

Speaking of QVC and free shipping, they currently have a few sampler kits with shipping included.  So cute!

QVCfavoriteskit.jpeg

QVC Favorites Kit $19

beccakit.jpeg

Becca Sampler Kit $5.00

QVCdiscoverykit.jpeg

QVC Discovery Kit $19.00

MarciaBrady

I am going to order those immediately! I love sample sizes. One, because it's fun to try new stuff, and two, because with a lot of products, it's as much as I'll ever use before I become all into something else. 

As for QVC in general, they do have some tempting sets, but I never end up ordering them because after the excessive shipping charges are added on I become resentful and just go buy something else somewhere else. Usually here. 

beauty2sample

You just gave my primary reasons why I love samples.  One, I love trying new things, and two, regular sizes take too long to go through before I become bored with them.  As far as I'm concerned, the sooner I use product up, the sooner I get to buy more!

gogreyhound

I am glad I'm not the only one who just gets bored with products. Then, I feel obligated to use them up. I am the worst with lip colors...that's why I hardly have any,because I throw them out when I am just tired of seeing them! And, I rarely use up a bottle of perfume before I can't stand smelling it any more. I always get the smallestt bottles available. Another reason, like you said, that I love deluxe samples! Plus, if you dislike something, yo aren't obligated to make a return, and you aren't out a lot of money--just toss it or give it to someone who may use it! win-win! :smileyhappy: 

beauty2sample

So true about the returns.  When you put out less cash for something, it's not a big deal if it didn't work out.  It hurts sometimes when I see people return super-sized or even regular sized items.  It's such a waste of product that might have been avoided if the product was sampled first.

nightknight

The discovery kits look pretty awesome! I've been wanting to try some supersmile products for a while now.  

beauty2sample

(0) Hearts

Me, too.  I considered getting one of them for that reason alone.

gogreyhound

I got my Discovery Kit this week--love it!! the Genius sample is 1/2 oz--worth the price alone! Plus, the 5-in-i Perfect hair day is 1 ounce ( the 4 oz sells for 26.00) so this is really a great price just for those two items. I am thrilled with this. I am on autodelivery for the New Beauty Test Tube--it is like Christmas 4 times a year!1 :smileyhappy:

beauty2sample

(0) Hearts

I've managed to avoid the Test Tube thus far--not an easy feat!  I generally already have or don't need most of the products, but it's been hard to resist!

gogreyhound

"Lady Willpower"!   I have even ordered an extra one every now and then, just to get ann extra full-sized  item. They are always worth way more than the price! ...Not that I am trying to enable you, or anything... :smileywink:

newandaddicted

I've bought from QVC for almost 10yrs.  They RARELY offer free shipping and usually make it a VERY big deal when they offer it.  I usually try and find the product else where and if I can't I really weigh the need vs. want because once you add the S&H for EACH item it's USUALLY not worth the price.  

One of the execs at the company pretty much stated they charge shipping to help increase the price.  Of course he said it in a way that wasn't as plain but...

I know several folks who buy their makeup specials, I've bought Mally and Tarte products.  Kept the Mally sent back the Tarte.  You also have to add in the return price if you don't like an item.  So unless it's something you've tried before it's not a great deal most times AND if you read the forums on their site, if you return to many items you get "banned" for a period of time.

I'm currently in Grad school and studying certain business formats, I have to say I see some very big issues for QVC in the future.  I understand their core demographic are consumers of a "certain age" with a larger disposable income, but those in that demographic will eventually shrink and a more savvy consumer will replace them, if QVC doesn't look at their competitors (overstock, discount sites, etc) and offer what they are offering they will see a decline in their bottom line.

There is no way in HECK a company that shipps EVERY product they sell should have a shipping model that QVC does.  Overstock will send you a couch for 3 bucks but QVC charges you 6-7 bucks for ONE shirt?  and then 4-5 bucks for EACH additional shirt?  Nope that's not going to continue to work.

Sorry for the long post and rant.  LOL

heatherbee

No worries, I ABSOLUTELY agree.  It's madness that they charge shipping per item that can easily fit in the same box and add very little weight,  yet other websites offer free shipping at a minimum, free shipping discount codes, and sometimes just free shipping no minimum.  It seems they only offer reduced shipping with more items as an incentive to buy more items.  I just want a few products that aren't offered anywhere else, but they aren't really making me want to spend my money when I feel almost like I'm being punished to shop with them.  I ordered from HSN for the first time a few months ago because they offered the Too Faced Chocolate Palette and full size eye shadow primer for $29.00 with free shipping, and that was a very positive experience.  I'm just waiting for an incentive from QVC :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

HSN has Korres products at great prices, too! 

HarlemJPN

I second that! HSN has awesome deals on Korres periodically, even when it isn't a "Today's Special" price.

heatherbee

Is the special value of the day only seen on TV?  I've never watched the channel :smileyhappy:  Or do you check the website daily?

kssweetheart

You can see it on TV starting at Midnight EST and it runs for 24 hrs, unless it sells out - then there's usually a One Time Only value in each show, if that happens. You can also go to their website at Midnight EST and it shows you right on the home page what the TSV is, or if it's sold out, what the One Time Only for the current show is.

I've been trying to wean/ween? myself off of QVC, and have cut down, but I do usually check in and see what the TSV is. You can sign up for emails for your Fave brands, one of mine is BE, then they send me an email when a show or special is coming up, I like that feature a lot.

Let me know if you have any other questions, it's always nice to be able to share info like this and to know all those years of shopping are paying off and helpful to someone else. :smileyhappy: Will you let me know what your first purchase is? Mine was a silver rope necklace and bracelet set - still have/wear them too. :smileyhappy:

gogreyhound

Greyhounds and QVC...we were separated at birth!! :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Greyhounds, QVC and Sephora! We may just be twins. :smileyhappy: Did we discuss whether or not you're a redhead too? My brain is on vacation.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 48 replies
  • 73 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • tracygirl64
    • ChicDabbler
    • kssweetheart
    • nightknight
    • bad823
    • heatherbee