Has This Ever Happened To You?

roxystar4

Has This Ever Happened To You?

[ Edited ]

I hope Im not the only one…

I received a delivery confirmation that my Sephora package was delivered to my front door at 7:31PM. My husband was home all night. The UPS guy usually knocks on the door… I left for my dance class around 7:30 ish and actually followed the UPS truck starting a house or two down from mine. I never saw him stop the truck when I was backing down my driveway.

I get home from dance around 9:00 and see the delivery confirmation email so I rush to my doorstep… no box! We live up a ways from the street and no one ever walks near our porch. I check with my neighbors - it wasn't misdelivered to them :smileysad:

I call UPS they say to call Sephora. I call Sephora and they have to wait 24 hours before reporting a claim. The Rouge Customer Service lady was great, but I was so so so so sad (ok I cried a little), because some of my items are no longer available so if this box is lost, then I can't get them.

My husband and I think that the UPS guy just scanned the label to show delivered and then kept driving (because our driveway is dark, its freezing cold and it was past 7:30).

I am really upset because I know that no one would have taken it off of our porch. I REALLY think it wasn't delivered. I hope it wasn't delivered to the UPS guy's wife. or to a sneaky neighbor (look at how my imagination is running wild!) When it comes to my Sephora orders, I'm pretty protective

What are your thoughts?

I want this-cimg2772.jpg

roxystar4

Re: Has This Ever Happened To You?

(0) Hearts

eating chocolate to numb the pain. I tear up just thinking about it. (I don't cry at everything and wouldn't have an issue if the things were replaceable).

PoesRevy

OMG roxystar4...that is absolutely horrid to read. Have you considered involving the police as it happened on your property? I do not know if it will help, but they will be aware there is this type of terrible behavior going on in your neighborhood. I feel angry and sick about this for you. I am so sorry something like this happened :smileysad:

roxystar4

SOMEONE STOLE MY BOX OFF MY PORCH! I AM SOOO MAD RIGHT NOW. I literally chased the UPS truck down (in my socks). I saw it go past my house and I ran down the street about a block to catch it. The guy was so nice and told me that he had run it up really quickly last night. 

Im crying right now. Who would steal a box from a tiny little house? It makes me SO mad and upset.

LadyInWhite

(0) Hearts

Gads, that's terrible.  I'm sending positive thoughts your way, but do tell us what you're missing, so we maybe help you find it.  Also, yes, call the police.  As the holiday season approaches, this sort of thing may start happening.

hydee77

[ Edited ]

I have had this happen to me before (I have had a lot of stuff left outside before too) but it was something delivered by the Post Office I ordered from Julep.  I explained to Julep what happened and I eventually got my money back.  Now the post office won't leave anything at my house per my request, I just get a slip telling me there's something to pick up .  It really is a crappy feeling to have this happen.  I'm sorry :smileysad: 

orkira

That just plain stinks!  I'm so sorry you got your package stolen right off your front porch.  What is wrong with people these days?  Ugh!  *HUGS*  Let us know what was OOS and I'd be more then happy to check my local stores for the items for you and pick them up if they have them.  :smileyhappy:

spacesuit

Oh no, that's awful! :smileysad: I hope you can get the order replaced, no one deserves this to happen to them.

mafan

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!  It's amazing what jerks people can be.  Have you been in touch with Sephora?  I know you said some things were out of stock but maybe they can reship what they still have.  And maybe they could work with stores to give you the discount on things available in store if they can be found?

It's so horrible to hear how awful people can be.  You might check with the police -- this could be part of a chain of problems.

prettyinpa

Oh, roxystar4, that's so, so devastating!  I can only imagine what you are going through, because I've been blessed with polite and reputable UPS drivers for at least 15 years. The guy before that used to leave my packages up by the highway or in the bushes, it was always a scavenger hunt for them, but they were there. My USPS man has been the same for the last 20 years, and he is a sweetie and always brings my packages back and honks in the driveway so I can come out to get them. 

Sending love and hugs your way, this shouldn't happen to anyone, much less a sweet person like you.

jellybean917

What?! That's horrible! I'm so sorry! People can be real jerks. :smileysad:

LuckyWinter

Awhh thats so sad :smileysad: -Hug- 

Candy357

I am so sorry!!
I hope somehow it comes back.
I mean they didn't check with the driver to check the truck?
He might have left it there.
They should really just scan when they are at the door like USPS does.
I notice they scan before they get out and what if they get distracted by
a phone call? Ugh so sorry.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I am just so sad. Two of the items are def not available anywhere (according to Sephora). I'll wait until tonight to see if it gets delivered. 

I feel like UPS isn't even trying. i asked if customer service could contact the driver and see what happened. their response was no. 

I may be driving around town trying to track down a UPS truck.

drrragon

oh nooooo, that is so upsetting roxystar! :smileysad:   Could you go to your local UPS depot and speak to them in person?  They'd be more likely to know which driver it was and be able to contact him on your behalf, or search around in their warehouse for your package.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I think my husband may know where the local warehouse/depot is. I'll wait until tonight and see. I've been praying all morning that it comes.

glossyguru

Aw, I'm sorry this happened to you! I completely understand why you're upset (and who wouldn't be?) 

LolaVal

Oh no!!!  I'm so sorry this happened to you.  I completely understand of how protective you are about your packages, especially ones from Sephora, and especially on items that are currently OOS.

This happened to my sister with a pair of very expensive boots from Saks a few years ago.  I think that it was also UPS that was the carrier.  It showed that it was delivered to the front door and but it was no where to be found.  As you can imagine, she went crazy!  She called UPS and they were not able to locate it.  Saks had completely ran out of her size, but they were willing to credit her account. 

I agree with the others regarding going to the UPS warehouse and calling Sephora.  I am sure there will be a lot of returns and perhaps some stores in the area may have some of the items that are currently OOS online.  Perhaps you can ask Sephora to extend the 20% off for you if you find some items in the stores.  Again, I'm so sorry this happened and I hope that the UPS delivery person was just being lazy and you will have your package tomorrow.

Jarsie

I have a box at my UPS store, so all of my packages are delivered to that location, and I pick them up when I need to. Since my regular mail is horrible here, I prefer to know I will get my mail there instead of my rural route carrier... That and I know my packages will be safe until I pick them up. I usually don't mind something sitting in front of my house unless its $$$ or I'm paranoid about it walking off.

LadyInWhite

That sucks.  One thing I do to avoid delivery issues (they'll leave mine at the door in front of my apartment, where dozens of people walk by daily) is to get UPS mychoice (the free version) and just have everything will called, so I can pick it up from the UPS store.  If it wouldn't be too far of a drive of course.  I've never had an issue with a will call package.

Jarsie

To be quite honest when I did work at UPS, they were more worried about theft when it came to a box that had Dell or Gateway stamped on the side of it. It says " there is a high probability that there is $$$ in here ".

That being said, regarding theft and a packing center for a driver, or someone at the center is harder than you think. When I worked in the claims department, I know our drivers did not accept any gifts, and couldn't because you couldn't prove that you didn't steal the item.

However, it could have been a misdelivery (Not anywhere near you). Sephora will call a tracer, they put in the package recovery request in. It is sent to the packing center to research and find that package.

Claims counted against the records of the drivers statistics or the package centers, so they don't want a ton of these. When a trace comes in, they always do their best to find the package (if it made it to the delivery part of the process).

If they can't, they will process the claim and they will refund Sephora. Sephora is UPS's customer. Sephora then refunds you of course.

If UPS finds the package, the proceed with the delivery.

I really hope the box was just put in perhaps a non obvious spot that you didn't notice... so you are able to enjoy your items soon.

MissB417

UGh! I'm so sorry that happened to you! UPS definitely needs to be watched, especially around the holidays. That's when they get super forgetful!

I actually had a similar thing happen to me. I get an update on my phone saying that my package missed delivery--the funny thing was that I was in front of building walking my dog and got to watch the UPS guy pull up and start scanning and "delivering" packages from the comfort of his truck. Oh the hilarity that ensued when I marched up to him and demanded my package. I read that fool like a book and snatched my delivery out his hands.

Again, I sincerely hope you find your package

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77