Has This Ever Happened To You?

roxystar4

Has This Ever Happened To You?

[ Edited ]

I hope Im not the only one…

I received a delivery confirmation that my Sephora package was delivered to my front door at 7:31PM. My husband was home all night. The UPS guy usually knocks on the door… I left for my dance class around 7:30 ish and actually followed the UPS truck starting a house or two down from mine. I never saw him stop the truck when I was backing down my driveway.

I get home from dance around 9:00 and see the delivery confirmation email so I rush to my doorstep… no box! We live up a ways from the street and no one ever walks near our porch. I check with my neighbors - it wasn't misdelivered to them :smileysad:

I call UPS they say to call Sephora. I call Sephora and they have to wait 24 hours before reporting a claim. The Rouge Customer Service lady was great, but I was so so so so sad (ok I cried a little), because some of my items are no longer available so if this box is lost, then I can't get them.

My husband and I think that the UPS guy just scanned the label to show delivered and then kept driving (because our driveway is dark, its freezing cold and it was past 7:30).

I am really upset because I know that no one would have taken it off of our porch. I REALLY think it wasn't delivered. I hope it wasn't delivered to the UPS guy's wife. or to a sneaky neighbor (look at how my imagination is running wild!) When it comes to my Sephora orders, I'm pretty protective

What are your thoughts?

I want this-cimg2772.jpg

pinktorridora

Re: Has This Ever Happened To You?

@roxystar4 I just saw this and thought of you!

Disco Inferno! Back in stock! And $5!

http://www.sephora.com/nail-polish-P8001?skuId=1478221

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thank you!!! ♥♥ 

prettyinpa

@roxystar-  I have an extra tote, would you like it?

You can get a game cam (recording camera for taking pictures of wildlife) for reasonable cost, some are even infrared so you can see in the dark! Plus they are camouflage colored so they can be put in a tree or bush for better sneakiness and can give you an improved angle on the front of your house.

Lots of the sporting goods outfitters like Cabelas and Gander Mountain have awesome Black Friday sales if that's something you're interested in.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

prettyinpa, that is so sweet of you- I have a lot of totes so I don't need one. But thank you soo much! I would send you some yummy quinoa and veggies right now thru the computer if i could :smileyhappy:

person11

"Or maybe an empty box (maybe a rock or two) with a note inside (once they arrive at their home) that reads "I know what you did""

Your situation is definitely a tragedy, but this idea is hilarious.  Please do it!!

arielaaaaaaaa

Ohhh @roxystar4, you should put a note that says "I hope you smiled, I got you on Camera" 

That would FREAK them out! :smileytongue:

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh i agree with Dannyc, I security camera is a good investment. I have one aimed at our Walkway, and front door. I use it to keep an eye out for the Mail, and UPS. But i never had any problems until 2 weeks ago when my Sephora package was stolen. So now i will definitely be looking into getting one that records. And i have thought about setting a trap as well. I think my neighbors are the ones who stole it. There is like 10 people living in that house always coming and going, and they had to have seen that we get packages daily. So i'm thinking they took it when we weren't home. 

So i was thinking about the next time i get a package, quickly getting it and leaving a fake package and seeing if someone comes. 

thesupergirl

My family got a security cameras because we were not getting our mail and come to find out someone was stealing it!

roxystar4

arielaaaaaaa, doesn't it make you mad to think it might be a neighbor?!

arielaaaaaaaa

Oh yeah! My mom was wayyyy more pissed off! I was scared she was going to go over there and tell them something!! :smileytongue:

DTalksAll

if you do the trap, get one of those cheap security cameras put in over the door. They are so easy to instal now & you can always catch a lazy UPS/USPS worker in the act of man handling your package :smileywink: 

shortstuff07

Let me know, I got Disco Inferno and it's basically a dupe for a Butter London color I already own.  I did swatch it, but I have the box.  Message me if you want it!

sn22

That's so terrible! UPS should be accountable for this. Even if they are leaving the package at your porch, they would normally ring the doorbell to let you know. 

ghkim

which products did you order? perhaps we can help you find them?

roxystar4

ghkim, you are soooo sweet. I'll talk to the Rouge CS tonight and see what they can do first (maybe they can find the items in store?)

This community is the best. Seriously, who else would understand how upsetting this is?  (most people would be like, so what that's discontinued/OOS, find something else).

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I'll help too! My SiJCP always has stuff in stock. I was able to score an aqualilies a few months after it sold out. 

nellag

(0) Hearts

I am so sorry to hear that. I can help you too just let us know what you ordered. I live close to 2 Sephora stores and 3 Sephora in JcPenney I know we can help you out to find  the OSS items. Hugs.

shortstuff07

Put out a list, we can call our local stores and see what can be scared up.  (I'm an internet shopping Jedi master.)  

mafan

Definitely let us know if we can help with the OOS stuff.  Who knows, it might even be something someone regrets buying or has seen a bunch of in their store.  I know I'm happy to help look.

ghkim

happy to help! i'm not the most internet-savvy-shopper in the world, but some of the ladies here are jedi masters and i'm sure they would be happy to help as well :smileywink: 

lb1414

While this has never happened to me, I'm always terrified that it will. I live 1/4 of a mile up from the road in a wooded area and the delivery drivers usually just leave my packages at the end of the driveway. It would be insanely easy for someone to steal them. I'm sorry and hope that somehow it was a mistake and the package is found. Good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat