Has This Ever Happened To You?

roxystar4

Has This Ever Happened To You?

[ Edited ]

I hope Im not the only one…

I received a delivery confirmation that my Sephora package was delivered to my front door at 7:31PM. My husband was home all night. The UPS guy usually knocks on the door… I left for my dance class around 7:30 ish and actually followed the UPS truck starting a house or two down from mine. I never saw him stop the truck when I was backing down my driveway.

I get home from dance around 9:00 and see the delivery confirmation email so I rush to my doorstep… no box! We live up a ways from the street and no one ever walks near our porch. I check with my neighbors - it wasn't misdelivered to them :smileysad:

I call UPS they say to call Sephora. I call Sephora and they have to wait 24 hours before reporting a claim. The Rouge Customer Service lady was great, but I was so so so so sad (ok I cried a little), because some of my items are no longer available so if this box is lost, then I can't get them.

My husband and I think that the UPS guy just scanned the label to show delivered and then kept driving (because our driveway is dark, its freezing cold and it was past 7:30).

I am really upset because I know that no one would have taken it off of our porch. I REALLY think it wasn't delivered. I hope it wasn't delivered to the UPS guy's wife. or to a sneaky neighbor (look at how my imagination is running wild!) When it comes to my Sephora orders, I'm pretty protective

What are your thoughts?

I want this-cimg2772.jpg

shortstuff07

Re: Has This Ever Happened To You?

I hope UPS knows there is a group of angry BT'ers ready to exact their wrath if that package doesn't arrive as it should!

arielaaaaaaaa

[ Edited ]

Awww. I know the pain of this situation, a little different though. Just two weeks ago i got the delivery confirmation for my package, which has the Naked Palette, Bite lip kit, and VIB Rouge lipstick in it, and my dad rushed home to bring it in for me cause i didn't want it to melt. I couldn't leave myself, i was at the hospital with my sister cause she had just had her baby. And my dad said the package wasn't there. I called UPS, the driver clearly remembers my house and leaving it, because i get a lot of packages, he knows me. And so it was stolen :smileysad:

I called the Sephora VIB Rouge line and they reshipped it! And the UPS guy waited for me to answer the door, and didn't just leave it! I appreciated that!!!

I got it just today! Although i ordered the MJ highliner 100 pp, which was out of stock when they reshipped, and i didn't get my 100 points back.

I'm so sorry that it happened to you. And it's much worse since things you ordered are no longer available. I hope it does all work out, It can be devastating not knowing! I didn't expect Sephora to reship my package, and i almost cried, maybe a tear fell when i got off the phone with UPS and knew my package was stolen. 

Best wishes!!!! *Hugs*

spoiledbrat

Spyski - thank you - the records show the person who received my order, did sign for it and it was the same person that i received their order - they got the packing slips mixed up - so she made out like a bandit :smileysad:  Which of us do you think had the better order IMO?

Spyski

EEK! I hope the UPS driver's wife doesn't get your goodies, I mean shoot UPS drivers make a decent check as is o.O Don't sweat it, I'm sure you'll get it figured out in the morning. Put on a face mask and relax :smileyhappy:

mafan

Oh, I had this happen, but not with a Sephora order. It was with my birthday present from my parents. I only knew it should have been delivered because my dad called and asked if I had it. I spent at least 1/2 an hour digging through snow banks trying to find the package. 

The next morning, a Saturday, I found it sitting by my mailbox (which is a good 300ft from my back door where the package was supposedly delivered. My back door is practically inaccessible from the front, especially with snow on the ground.) it wasn't even cold. I'm sure the driver scanned it as delivered and then dropped it off the next day. 

Another year my birthday present was left in the middle of my driveway, unbagged (and again it was snowy). This means it's around a blind bend where I could have run over it!  Now I have a very good driver, but anything I worry about I stay home for or have sent to work, and all USPS packages that don't fit in my mailbox are held at the post office. 

I hope your package arrives with no trouble tomorrow. 

Spoiledbrat, can your credit card company help? Can you dispute the charge and let them deal with it?

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

Oh no! I'm sorry this happened to you. **Hugs**

I had a similar incident but the person I talked to on the Rouge line gave me the option to wait a couple of days or she could send the replacements out right away. You might have to call back and get someone else on the phone...although I'm not sure if that'll do any good since you said most of the stuff are OOS :smileysad:

You can always try to call UPS and explain the situation and see if there's anything they can do...maybe ask the driver if he really did deliver the package or not. 

Good luck! I hope this gets resolved ASAP so you can get your precious items :smileyhappy:

poshified

Awww I'm sorry to hear, Roxystar4 :smileysad: *Hugs* to you. I had a somewhat similar situation with FedEx a few months ago. I was waiting all day for the package, and by the time 6pm rolled around, I went to check the status which basically said I was not home during the first attempt. It was the second time dealing with FedEx within a two-week span so I called them up calmly to explain the situation. The manager on the line practically called me a liar and that she trusted her employee. I pretty much let her have it right then and there.

I hope your UPS man was just being lazy (much like the FedEx guy), signed it off as being delivered, and actually delivers it tomorrow. I know as a fellow makeup addict, sometimes refunding your credit card for OOS products doesn't help solve the situation one bit.

spoiledbrat

Something like that happened to me and what happened to you also happened to me.

1. they sent my order to one person and sent me her order. I returned her order, so she got 2.  I was S O L as every item was sold out, not to be restocked. They credited my CC.

2. i ordered a new Clarisonic - it was delivered and signed for but not by me or my honey - whoever signed for it, we could not read the signature. The UPS guy cannot remember her but now realizes it wasn't either of us - this happened approx 3 months ago - Sephora has yet to credit my CC or send me a replacement - they just keep saying i signed for it - we showed the UPS guy our DL's to compare signatures - they do not match

Good luck with this! :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I had that happen to me too! The package had my name on the outside but someone else's packing slip and order on the inside. I called and some of items were oos and couldn't be reordered. The rouge line person had no apologies and just told me to send it back. Very cold attitude and then put in the order for my things that were still available. I was very upset and he was rude, like so what if we made a mistake, now you ship it back and what ever. I think I was more upset that the cs guy was rude than the fact I couldn't get what I ordered.

reflectsgold

you might want to file a claim with your CC company if it isnt past the time limit to file claims. thats ridiculous. so sorry for both experiences. 

sp2001

(0) Hearts

geez louise, no wonder it was such a big deal when you complimented customer service lol you've had really bad luck!

sp2001

Oh no! Is the UPS warehouse close by? This might seem psycho, but I've needed to go to the warehouse before (it was an expensive camera) and waited til they found my package. It's sometimes hard finding your local UPS location tho

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

sp2001, my husband told me we should call the local UPS store tomorrow and see what they know. I just feel like UPS was really not helpful. I had to call them 3 times! Once the lady hung up on me so quickly once she thought the phone convo was over (she didn't ask if there was anything else I needed), as I said "thank you"… click.

sp2001

not the ups store, the ups warehouse. This is where the stalkerness comes out of, you have to find the warehouse and then walk in like  you own the place, find the manager and stay there til they figure out what happened. I used to find the warehouse by asking the drivers really nicely (and flirtatiously). Unfortunately there's always the chance one of the neighbors got it :smileysad:

IttyxBittyxMe

It more then likely wasn't delivered. This has happened to me MANY times. I hate it, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done about it until it finally does get delivered.

I had to walk up to the mail person (USPS) as they were getting ready to drive off and ask for a package I KNEW was in their truck and they did not drop off at my door for some reason. Sure enough, they reached in the back and grabbed it for me. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

IttyxBittyxMe,  I've had that issue with UPS (they give me one package) and I know there are two more in the truck. I have to ask for them.  But never have I had the issue where it says "delivered" and it isn't 

shortstuff07

:smileysad:  I'm so sorry!  That's terrible, I'm really hoping it was just an accident and your box is waiting for YOU somewhere.  

roxystar4

thanks shortstuff07.  I am so bummed. Im going to wait until tomorrow, then if nothing happens Im going to sleuth onto that truck be in contact with Sephora and see what they can do :smileysad:

sandy69

Aw, I am so sorry sweetie....I can only imagine...my items were sold out within a couple hours after I ordered but they came.  I am disabled so everyone knows me, I am 44 and I had to move from Austin Tx to a little town in Ohio where my parents live.  I was so excited to get mine, I know that my truck comes about noon.  I am so sorry, I can't imagine, I am actually tearing up thinking about it.  I hope it works out and you can get your order ASAP!  They should make it RIGHT for you.  I cried to Nordstrom last month about a coat but I got it and an hour later I got flowers from the sales person!  That's what they need to do for you, call around to the 80 Sephora stores, locate the items from you order, send it overnight AND sent you $100 worth of flowers!

shortstuff07

This is why Sephora insures packages.  The waiting game won't be any fun, but maybe he was just running late?  I don't know, I just hope it was oversight, not rudeness.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 128 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat