roxystar4

Has This Ever Happened To You?

[ Edited ]

I hope Im not the only one…

I received a delivery confirmation that my Sephora package was delivered to my front door at 7:31PM. My husband was home all night. The UPS guy usually knocks on the door… I left for my dance class around 7:30 ish and actually followed the UPS truck starting a house or two down from mine. I never saw him stop the truck when I was backing down my driveway.

I get home from dance around 9:00 and see the delivery confirmation email so I rush to my doorstep… no box! We live up a ways from the street and no one ever walks near our porch. I check with my neighbors - it wasn't misdelivered to them :smileysad:

I call UPS they say to call Sephora. I call Sephora and they have to wait 24 hours before reporting a claim. The Rouge Customer Service lady was great, but I was so so so so sad (ok I cried a little), because some of my items are no longer available so if this box is lost, then I can't get them.

My husband and I think that the UPS guy just scanned the label to show delivered and then kept driving (because our driveway is dark, its freezing cold and it was past 7:30).

I am really upset because I know that no one would have taken it off of our porch. I REALLY think it wasn't delivered. I hope it wasn't delivered to the UPS guy's wife. or to a sneaky neighbor (look at how my imagination is running wild!) When it comes to my Sephora orders, I'm pretty protective

What are your thoughts?

I want this-cimg2772.jpg

sangova

Re: Has This Ever Happened To You?

(0) Hearts

So, we have an amazing UPS guy every day except Thursday, his day off. And EVERY single time I have Sephora delivery on Thursday, my package gets lots. About 5 times "new guy" delivered it to my neighbors (thanks god they always brought it back to me). Once the same exactly thing you described happened to me. The package showed up the next day though.. So, from now on, I order my Sephora to my work address. Everything is delivered on time and I never worry anymore.  

LCResz

(0) Hearts

This happened with an Amazon order a while back. My mailman put my package in a neighbor's mailbox, but my neighbor was out of town at the time. Long story short, nobody could track the package so the Amazon vendor refunded my order and I placed a new order. Just when I received my new order my neighbor knocked on my door and had my original order in hand. I felt awful for having harangued the vendor in the first place and immediately emailed him to see how I could return the original order, but I was told to keep it for all my trouble. All 'saw ell that ends well, your package will turn up!

oklady2013

(0) Hearts

Good to know you have a great UPS guy & will deliver to your back door. Hopefully your package will show up soon.

roxystar4

Update- still no package. the UPS guy came yesterday and had me sign that I did not receive it. I'm sad about this. He is going to deliver to my back door if it's dark outside. He seemed really nice and genuine

lyravega

Oh no, what a nightmare! I hope the package still finds a way to you... somehow ( Christmas miracle maybe? :smileyhappy: )... *fingers crossed*

oklady2013

I hope they find your package. Please keep us updated.

ry22

I was ordering something not from Sephora, but it didn't get delivering. I just thought shipping was bad, so I waited a month before contacting the company. They were super helpful and sent me a replacement within a couple of days of my complaint.

Then, exactly a year from when I was supposed to get the package originally, I got another of the same thing. I thought it was hilarious. Maybe they put on the slip for it to be delivered in 2012 not 2011.

waterbaby1981

Now I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me today.  I'm currently waiting for my Sephora package to show up and if it doesn't there's going to be hell to pay.  The UPS hub is a couple of miles away and I really don't want to have to pack up my daughter and drive over there to get the package. 

I was waiting for a package once and had JUST pulled into my parking space when UPS showed up at our apartment complex a couple of years ago.  The woman should've literally been practically stepping on my feet when I went up the stairs.  No package was delivered, but it was MARKED as delivered.  I ended up having to go to the hub to get the stupid thing.  (A now out of print DVD box set).

roxystar4

maybe I should go to the hub?  UPS called me today to follow up and they keep saying they think the driver dropped it off at a different house. Which I think is odd. :/

hydee77

This is possible.  A few years ago, this also happened to me, lol.  This is the second "weird" thing that has happened to me with an online order (counting the one I mentioned before about the stolen USPS package).

What happened was, they delivered it to an address that is the same as mine (my house is on a numbered street) but in a different city.  When the UPS person was trying to convince me it was delivered, they said "it was delivered to Apartment J".  I said "LOL, well there's only apartments 1,2,3&4 here plus I'm in a different city......".  I got my package back but they weren't quick to admit they made a mistake.

prettyinpa

@roxystar- It actually isn't odd that the driver could have left it at the wrong house, that happened to me more than once and it was after dark when the delivery was supposed to have been made. I'd go to the hub to check up and ask UPS to have the driver canvass your neighbors, especially if you don't know them well. Keeping my fingers crossed that it got dropped off someplace else and the neighbor just hasn't checked their porch or has been too busy to bring your package by!

bratknits

Odd is the reaction to "I know I was home at that time because we'd gotten back from my uncle's funeral a couple hours earlier."  She said to me "are you sure you're thinking of the right day?"

xojessalynn

Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope you get your package soon! That's so terrifying because anything could happen. I really hope everything works out.

The only time I have to sign for my packages is if the package is shipped through Purolator. I shop so much online I thought it was worth it to introduce myself to the postman. Now anytime I get a package I won't have to worry about a neighbor possibly stealing it because I showed the Canada Post postman the best place to hide the boxes near my porch. I trust him so much with my stuff! I ordered a $2000 purse from saks earlier this year and the package didn't require a signature and I received the package when I was away and he made sure to check on the package and make sure it was still there every day during his shift in my neighborhood until I came home from my trip. To others this might be a little creepy that I'm so close with my postman but I'm really happy that I introduced myself to him because I really want to avoid someone in my neighborhood stealing my stuff or even the postman. :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

@xojessalyn- A good tip at Christmas never hurts either. I am very generous with my delivery people, figures it pays in good service over time.

Mariahk83

I had a package go missing form my doorstep once - turns out it was misdelivered and the neighbor that got it didn't have a chance to bring it to me until a week or so later! Crossing my fingers it may still show up for you!!!!

ghkim

roxystar, it looks like the nars disco inferno is available online but anywhere near the sale price you would have had it for. the best i can find at the moment is beauty dot com which has it for 19$ but is also doing a 20% off promo as well as 4% off if you use ebates. still, its almost 4x more expensive than you paid for it. the other issue is that you wouldnt get free shipping unless you have shoprunner or something. i'll keep looking . . . 

thesupergirl

So sorry that happened I had something similar happen to me I have my mail delivered to my po box and I new I was expecting a package I ahead tracked it and it said it was delivered but when I went it was not there! When I asked them where was it all he could tell me was well you picked it up! I spoke to a supervisor and he said he would check into it.  24hrs later I got a phone call that they found it thankfully. But I was really mad at them because I was expected 7 packages in 1 week and they misplaced 4 of them! But I discovered they hired new people how didn't know how to sort the mail. 

serioustree

OMG THAT IS SO DEPRESSING!

that is my worse fear ever, which is why I never order phones and expensive technology online. 

A couple years ago, our local news station did a little 5 minute thing about stolen goods after cyber Monday! A few people came on and said their things were stolen right out of their front porch with video evidence! It's sad because some people reported neighbors, but the iPhone stealers were UPS guys! Smh!

yumst3r

I have the same experience with UPS but not with sephora...

UPS said they delivered my kate spade package and someone "signed" for it.

the person who UPS claimed to hv signed for the package is the name that is printed on the box as the receiver, but was at that moment, out of the country!

i seriously dont understand why they will just leave the package at the door....

i hope u can get all ur products back! *hugs*

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

I don't think the two items that are OOS will be available instore or online.

They were the Nars Disco Inferno (I purchased 2 of them).  That sale was insane/amazing ($8.78 together for two- that includes tax where I live). so while it wasn't an expensive item, I had actually had this item in my cart for weeks before there even was a sale (It went OOS/completely off the website for a while and then BAM it was on sale for $5 each!)  Just because it wasn't a lot of money, doesn't mean that Im not disappointed.

I'm just so glad I picked up the Tarte Palette and some of the other OOS items that I purchased online ( orders yet to arrive).

I recently spoke to Nina on the Rouge line and she reprocessed my order for the items that are in stock (Nars Lipstick, my bday gift).  But I don't get the tote or two nail polish. I got a credit for the nail polish.  She was really nice though and was helpful.

Ive been plotting on setting up a bo-bie-trap - Empty sephora box on my porch with a string inside the door and a bell attached inside. So I can hear if someone tries to take it. I know this sounds mean, but I wish I had a really big dog with sharp teeth and a loud bark.

Or maybe an empty box (maybe a rock or two) with a note inside (once they arrive at their home) that reads "I know what you did"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 127 hearts
  • 46 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • lb1414
    • reflectsgold
    • hydee77
    • spoiledbrat