elleC33

HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS....AND GO!

Hi beauty bloggers :smileyhappy:

Today is my birthday, so I am going to Sephora for a LARGE beauty haul. I have tried COUNTLESS products, some are very great matches and picks, while others despite reviews just don't do it for me so I'm leaving it up to you beautiful folks. Please give my your holy grail suggestions on each of these products and I will be forever grateful.

ABOUT ME: Medium skin toned with yellow/golden undertones. Green eyes. Blonde. Areas of Concern: larger pores and combination skin.

MASCARA: something that DOES NOT rub off or give me raccoon eyes.

FOUNDATION: a natural (matte or dewy finish, doesn't matter) that if possible can help diminish pores, even skin tone and make my skin look FLAWLESS.

EYELINER: Again something that can be completely smudge proof and no raccoon eyes.

BLUSH/CHEEK TINT: completely open.

MATTE LIPSTICK/LIPSTAIN: I have a bit of OCD when it comes to my lips. I hate having to constantly reapply and LOVE the matte look. As long as it's super long lasting, I don't care if it's dry.

PORE MINIMIZER/PRIMER:

PLUS FEEL FREE TO GIVE ANY OTHER HOLY GRAIL SUGGESTIONS THAT I HAVENT MENTIONED.

THANK YOU EVERYONE :smileyhappy:

marydiva

Re: HOLY GRAIL PRODUCT SUGGESTIONS....AND GO!

(0) Hearts

ABOUT ME: Fair-skinned brunette with hazel eyes

MASCARA: Buxom is the absolute best. Amazing lash by lash definition, super black, literal perfection. A close second is Too Faced Better Than Sex, which has incredible volume. I love to use the two together. 

FOUNDATION: I use BareMinerals READY - it's not PERFECT, but I've been using it for years and it's one of the few things that won't break me out. 

EYELINER: Too bad Lorac isn't at Sephora anymore...Their Front of the Line liquid was my HG. I sadly can't recommend anything b/c I've never tried anything better than Lorac and you can only get it at Kohls now. 

BLUSH/CHEEK TINT: DON'T go with NARS Orgasm. Yes, it's good, yes it's a HG for most BTers including me, but don't limit yourself!! Check out the NARS Spring Collection - Sex Fantasy is TO DIE FOR. 

MATTE LIPSTICK/LIPSTAIN: Bite Matte High Pigment Pencils, HANDS DOWN. Best lip product I've ever used. Lasts 8 hours WITHOUT reapplication. It's amazing. 

elleC33

Hey everyone!

Thank you for all your replies and birthday wishes, you are all too kind and wish I could kiss your faces for your great suggestions, i got a lot of what you guys had suggested :smileyhappy:

HOWEVER, one big thing is the foundation. I'm still searching, I have tried UD's Naked foundation and do love it but was looking for something else as well that has that WOW factor. 

I prefer a liquid I think as I use MUFE Duo Mat Powder over top but because I don't have any redness or blemishes or anything, I feel like I could also get away with a BB or CC cream as well.

If we can keep the foundation suggestions coming, I would more than appreciate it and I really think everyone so much already for your help. You're all dolls <3

jennypenny1995

Clinique High Impact Mascara, Lancome Dual Finish Powder Foundation, Clinique Intense Eyeliner (kicks Urban Decay's 24/7's little you-know-what,), Bobbi Brown Pale Pink Blush, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color.

Nicrohr

YSL Babydoll Mascara, Bare Minerals foundation in original - does not settle into my pores, gives me that flawless look!  NARS blushes - Gaiety is my HG, but also like many of their others.

iamsookyung

First off, happy birthday girl! Hope it's super fun-filled and wonderful day for you :smileyhappy:

I don't have an HG for anything except foundation. And here it is! Guerlain's
Lingerie De Peau definitely gives the your-skin-but-better finish. Sometimes people don't eve think/know I'm wearing foundation, which I think is a plus :smileywink:

infinitise

ME: Fair to light skintone with yellow undertones (I can pull off light to medium colors because my neck is at least 2 shades darker than my face) 

Brown eyes, Black hair, Combination skin with hyperpigmentations 

MASCARA: is super important for me, my fav is Hourglass Film Noir. I like it alot more than my runner up Dior Iconic 

FOUNDATION: Guerlain Lingerie de peau hands down. It somehow diffuses light and blurs the imperfections. Best I've seen when it comes to covering for the pores and smoothing the skin. Only 2 problem is that it oxidizes, and the color choices are pretty bad for yellow undertoned people. NARS sheer glow is pretty good too but that also oxidizes.. 

I like cushion foundations too.. super convenient and never emphasizes the pores. 

Eyeliner: eye primer helps with smudging, but things still smudge on my eyes because I have Asian eyes. So far, the only eyeliner that didn't was Lorac's pen (came with the lorac pro palette).. still on the hunt. 

Blush/Cheek tint: For whatever reason, I don't like blushes on me. It just makes it look like im wearing alot of makeup. I like pale look.. with some bronzers to sharpen up the lines of the face 

but Tarte has great colors, and you can never go wrong with NARS orgasm blush 

LIP: I don't like lips either, just a personal preference... but I like YSL lipsticks.. #52 and 202 is great, very popular.. 

Love Armani lipsticks as well.. amazing qualities 

Pore minimizer/primer: Benefit's porefessional breaks me out.. so I don't use a primer for the pores.. I've got great results from using Fresh Umbrian clay mask to minimize the pores. Clarisonic helps alot too.. I'm debating if I should get the Foreo Luna too because it looks so convenient for traveling and great in general.. 

GlamMomAngel

About Me:  medium skin tone with yellow/golden undertones. Brown eyes. Brown Hair. Areas of concern: large pores VERY oily t zone

Mascara: Benefit's They're Real with Bad Gal lash

Foundation:  NARS Tinted Moisturizer (my new HG) MUFE HD Foundation (forever HG)

Eyeliner: Stila waterproof liquid liner pen (for winged liner) and NARS larger than life pencil (water line)

Blush/Cheek Tint: open.  i love all rosy/peachy tones

Lipstick/Lipstain: for lip stain's i like 01 red by sephora for lipsticks i like YSL's because of how creamy they are.  I went on a matte frenzy, but due to the extremely cold weather we are having in chicago, I don't want anything drying on my lips.

Pore Minimizer/Primer: lately i've been using tarte's 12 hour poreless primer.  i am interested to see how the new NARS pore and line refining primer will work

gem5136

MASCARA: Benefits They're real

FOUNDATION: Guerlain Lengerie de Peau or Urban Decay Naked skin

EYELINER: blinc ultra thin pen eye liner

BLUSH/CHEEK TINT: Tarte doll face or Nars sin

MATTE LIPSTICK/LIPSTAIN: Bite Beauty matte lip crayon or the Nars matte ones 

PORE MINIMIZER/PRIMER: dr. Brandt pores no more or hourglass mineral veil 

quotidianus

You're in gorgeous hands with the suggestions given.  Just wanted to say Happy Birthday!  Let us know what you got!

gc.jpg

calamityjane85

Happy Birthday!

We have similar coloring :smileyhappy:

Mascara I vote for TF better than sex

Foundation and FLAWLESS skin

Tarte cc primer upload_2868775741091008252.jpg

with the 12 hour foundation

upload_2236421579673802243.jpg

applied with this brush:

upload_5077624277157454812.jpg

This tarte eyeliner will not BUDGE- 

upload_675050687300039994.jpg

annypoo

FOUNDATION: UD Naked skin, it's super lightweight, great coverage, and makes my skin look flawless

BLUSH/CHEEK TINT: I love Tarte 24 hour amazonian clay blushes. Highly pigmented and long lasting

MATTE LIPSTICK/LIPSTAIN: Bite matte lip crayon, really pigmented

mpolansky

Happy birthday!

From your specifications, here are my personal holy grail products that seem like they would work for you too :smileyhappy:

Foundation: Urban Decay Naked skin foundation. There's definitely a good selection of yellow undertone foundations here, and it has a really natural finish.

Mascara: Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara. Hate the name, but I love the volume this gives my eyes. This and Guerlain Maxi lash are my absolute favorites! The Guerlain one smells amazing, but if you're sensitive to fragrance, I'd stay away!

Eyeliner: Kat Von D tattoo liner is hands down my most used and my holy grail eyeliner. If you do any type of winged liner, you need this. It makes the thinnest line and stays all day. In looooove.

Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes live up to the hype. They're great quality. Also a fan of Nars, but if you made me pick one....I'm sticking with Tarte. My favorite shade is Dollface, a gorgeous babydoll pink.

Matte Lipstick/stain: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick. I have mind in Icon and it's the prettiest red I own. Lasts through a night out without smudging.

Pore Minimizer/Primer: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is by far my favorite primer. My second place would be the Benefit porefessional but I find myself reaching for the Hourglass more often. 

OTHER:
I can't write on a holy grail thread without mentioning the fragrance Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. I can't begin to explain my obsession with it. Just go smell it, trust me.

http://www.sephora.com/naked-weightless-ultra-definition-liquid-makeup-P374830?skuId=1434919

http://www.sephora.com/better-than-sex-mascara-P381000?skuId=1533439

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=GUERLAIN%20Maxi%20Lash%20P377276&skuId=1473...

http://www.sephora.com/tattoo-liner-P245205?skuId=1177567

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-blush-P278610?skuId=1306844

http://www.sephora.com/opaque-rouge-liquid-lipstick-P375384?skuId=1439405

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?skuId=1074442

http://www.sephora.com/flowerbomb-gift-set-P384116?skuId=1569441

tracygirl64

[ Edited ]

My Holy Grail products are:

Mascara: Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara

Foundation: TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation

Eyeliner: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Magic Marc'er Precision Pen or TARTE MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Liquid Liner (depending on how deep of a black I want and what look, natural or dramatic, I am trying to achieve.)

Blush: TARTE Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush

Matte Long-Lasting Lips: OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS Lip Tar - Matte

Pore Minimizer/Primer: TARTE Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer

ChicDabbler

Eyeliner: Marc Jacob highliner and the liquid liner.

Blush: Josie Maran watercolor coconut cheek gelee, super natural/fresh looking.

matte lipstain: Tarte matte lipsurgence in fiery.

Other HG: KGD cleansing water.

lilahtov

Second the MJB Highliner!! It has quickly risen to the top of my stack of black eyeliner pencils. SO black, and doesn't tug or smudge.

bombshell30

happy b day.jpgHappy Birthday!!!! :smileyhappy: I also love to go a little crazy around my birthday! I have 4 newly discoverd holy grails- Bite Agave lip mask, Beauty blender sponges, Algenist genius cream, and Bite cashmere creme lipstick in sancerre. From the lippy description you gave it sounds like it could be right up your alley. I hardly have to reaply after eating lunch if that tell you anything. Feels great on and it a semi-matte/satin finish. I hope you get a haul of things you love!! :smileyhappy: Here's the color I bought and Lilahtov also recently bought a gorgeous shade! :smileyvery-happy:

sancerre.JPG

ShinyMagpie

Happy Birthday!!!

481402aa56a714b7_234835_xcitefun-happy-birthday-3.gif

Mascara: Urban Decay Cannonball Waterproof Mascara. Love it. Separates nicely and doesn't smudge.

Eyeliner: Stila Stay all Day Liquid Eyeliner. Doesn't smudge. Gives a great line. 

Blush: I like the Tarte blushes a lot. My favorite is Tarina Tarantino which is no longer sold at Sephora. It does come up on Haute Look dot com pretty frequently and they have a quad called the Doll Skin Cheek Palette -- worth every scent. Awesome blush palette. I also really like the Josie Maran cream, stick blush and the Becca Beach Tints.

New to me but quickly becoming an HG is the Boscia Deep Hydrating Mask. It leaves my skin so soft the next morning. 

http://www.sephora.com/tsubaki-deep-hydration-sleeping-mask-P384109?icid2=Boscia_Editors_Picks%20_P3...

I love the Hourglass Ambient Light Powders. 

Matte Lips: The Tarte Lipsurgence crayons in matte are very matte. In fact I find them to be a bit on the dry side but they are indeed very matte. Check them out they might work for you. 

Don't forget to get your free birthday gift. Happy Birthday! :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

upload_3755194546778495550.jpg

I recommend UD's All Nighter Setting Spray.  I use it for long/intense days or nights out to keep the the face from melting off. :smileyhappy:

ShinyMagpie

(0) Hearts

Yes! Love the All Nighter Setting Spray. Seconded. :smileyhappy:

IAmLadyLiterary

Okay first off all HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy-Birthday.jpg

And second, have you tried a beauty blender?  If you haven't you need to add one to your collection!  It applies foundation and cream face products like a dream!  

I personally am still trying to find my HG mascara, I think I am going to try Too Faced Better Than Sex next.  

For eyeliner I love the Tarte Skinny Smoulder eyes, they just give such a perfect line that you can smudge but then dries to a smudge proof finish.

For blush/cheek tint I love the Tarte 12-hour amazonian clay blushes, seriously I want them all.  My current HG is exposed, I didn't think I would like it because I don't do nude anything but it turns into this perfect magical colour that is so pretty and subtle yet still pink, it's very strange but I love it.  I also love the Josie Maran Cheek Gelee's they are awesome!  

So for lipstick I recommend Bite anything, they last forever and are super pigmented, here is a link to where bters shared their favourite bite products with me 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Favourite-Bite-Lipstick/m-p/1072747#M5819

And my HG products are Josie Maran, I have dry skin so her cleansing oil, Argan Oil light and regular Argan Oil are used by me every single day.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 48 hearts
  • 22 in conversation
    • malday
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • bombshell30