(0) Hearts
Hey Ladies!! I'm quite familar with how to highlight my inner corners and brow bone, but I need some clarification when it comes to what shades to use. Does matte white colours also give u that highlighting affect or do u always have to use a shimmer or glowy color?? Also, when applying a dark color to lid, should a white color go down first??
Posted from Facebook
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
(0) Hearts

I actually like the look of a matte white in the inner corners, but it's not going to give you that romantic/ pretty look if thats what you are looking for. It's actually more of a contemporary look that you would see on runways. So, if you are feeling edgy go ahead and try the stark white on the inner corners. It's a fun way to play around with a dramatic eye. But for basic highlighting that most of us do, a matte white will be a bit too much especially for daylight. Depending on your skintone a shimmery white can be very pretty on the inner corners and actually look quite festive. I usually stick to shimmering champagnes and creams for the inner corner highlight. You can see celebrities such as the Kardashian sisters sporting this exaggerated shimmery inner corners. It is also a great trick to use if you have eyes that are close together, a smokey eye might close them in a bit and using this technique is a great way to open up your eye area. Let me send you a list of a few shadows I use in the inner corner for highlighting. My favorite one is Mac's Retrospeck. Gorg!

1. MAC Naked Pigment

2. Stila's Kitten Eyeshadow

3. NYC Sparkle Dust in Champagne ( Drugstore)

4. MAC's Retrospeck Eyeshadow

5. Lancome's Stiletto Eyeshadow ( It's a shimmery cool color that looks rock and roll in the inner corners)

6. Urban Decay's SideCar

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation