Answer
sunflower82
HIGHLIGHTING QUESTION
(0) Hearts
Hey Ladies!! I'm quite familar with how to highlight my inner corners and brow bone, but I need some clarification when it comes to what shades to use. Does matte white colours also give u that highlighting affect or do u always have to use a shimmer or glowy color?? Also, when applying a dark color to lid, should a white color go down first??
Posted from Facebook
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
brookie673
Answered

To answer your first question, NO you do not always have to use a shimmery sparkly color. Matte colors can work also, but you have to make sure you use them right.

I personally believe that you should try not to have all shimmery colors or all matte colors on your eyes, but a mix. If you are using very sparkly shimmery shades on the lid and crease, you may want to try a matte color on the highlight. However, I would not recommend matte white as it can be very harsh. Instead, try a light golden shade or a shade that is a few shades lighter than your skintone. Apply it with a soft fluffy dome brush so it goes on very lightly and doesn't look too obvious.

If you are using matte shades or shades that have only a little shimmer, you can definitely work a sparkly highlight. I actually don't recommend white for this either (it just looks unnatural and harsh to me, when a highlight is supposed to be very natural and make you look brighter and more awake.) I would recommend any very light, shimmery shade, such as the Urban Decay shadow in Sin, a gorgeous light, shimmery champagne (pictured).

To answer the second question, I always do my highlight last, because if you do it first the darker colors may blend with it too much. I suppose that is also personal preferance though, try both ways and see what you prefer. Good luck :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • thecaramelapple
    • sunflower82
    • brookie673
    • melissabt