veronika23

Got me some Guerlain today!

So I know the brat :smileywink: will like this post!  I went to a department store to get a madame rougit blush and my make-up done at Guerlain.  What a wonderful experience.  The make-up artist was super fun and nice!  She told me she was at Sephora yesterday and was training employees... one of which is my favorite! Ok so I got 2 goodies from Guerlain the blush and kohl me kajal.  It came with a GWP including bag, face wash, cream, perfume sample and mini lipstick.  I also got a min bottle of la petite robe noire. On top of that my mom is  a VIP at that store so 20$ off my 100$ purchase! 

I also pre purchased (to get a GWP) some Biotherm eye make-up remover and something for my brother.  Because I made a pre purchase I got 2 deluxe samples (today) and on the day of the actual purchase I'll get more samples of the products for men and not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 GWP for buying those Biotherm products!  OMG! 

On top of that, the department store is holding an event at the end of November (on my bday actually) and you could buy tickets today.  It's 10$, 2 of which goes to charity the other 8$ towards your purchase on that day. You also get a free make-up application.  But by buying today I got other gifts!  I chose to buy my ticket at Origins so got a mini double ended lip gloss and a key chain with deluxe hand cream.  My mom bought hers at Estee Lauder and got a mini mascara, cream and perfume.  OMG!!! I think I need to shop at department stores more.. They LOVE giving you stuff!

fabme

Re: Got me some Guerlain today!

[ Edited ]

I love Sephora,but department store gwp can't be beat.  I am swooning over your sample bottle of Le Petit Robe Noir!!!! Was it Nordstrom?

I was at the N and spent $100 at the Bobbi Brown counter and got a gwp:  mascara, eye cream and a mini blush/eyeshadow palette that is in my colors. (awesome giveaway)    The items I bought were not carried by Sephora so I didn't feel bad about not getting it 20% at the Sephora sale.  Win Win. 

Smart shoppers always make out with goodies!!!!  Granted we are spending our $$$ and deserve a little love!

veronika23

(0) Hearts

lol so true! :smileywink:

No the store is called The Bay... It's Canadian and I think would compare to Macy's or Nordstrom.

OMG gotta find a Bobbi Brown counter in my area lol

roxystar4

sounds like a great experience! I just looked up the closest counter to me (over 100 miles).  So glad you got (and will get) so many GWP!

veronika23

[ Edited ]

Thanks! Will be the first time I go to this event so sure hope it will be all that like they are saying. lol.  If you ever take a trip I'd call the counter before to see if there's any GWP or events.

aggiegirl2012

Maybe I should make my planned guerlain purchase at the counter then!

veronika23

well for me the girl working there was awesome and so was the make-up artist but the counter beside it is Chanel and the girl working there had horrible people skills. So I think it depends on who's working and what's the current promo.  That store is getting ready for a big event in Nov and they are all trying to get your business at their counter so maybe that's why the extra attention and gifts. 

viviene23

Pics :-)

You can never go wrong with guerlain...that brand is my guilty pleasure!

veronika23

[ Edited ]

I'm waiting on stuff from Sephora and then I was going to put a pic on the October hauls. :smileywink:

viviene23

Can't wait :-)

We bt'ers love seeing hauls...that thread is a total hit!

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

All I have to say is they are watching our behavior on here and they do reward accordingly.  If you are trying to prove a point to Sephora, I think you have.  If I owned a company I wouldn't worry about what a handful of people think.  Especially with how you all are acting. 

spoiledbrat

mommyto4 - i do not understand what you are trying to say; what point do you think we are trying to prove?, is there something wrong with our behavior that offends you? I am well aware Sephora is watching and reading and i don't care if they are; this is their site. Your clarification would be appreciated as i am not detecting a cordial tone. thank you. You can PM me or reply on site.

veronika23

ok there! Not really trying to "prove a point"  I was simply telling people what a wonderful experience I had... I read that lots of people went to department stores and had great experiences and this was mine... Guess you didn't see my other posts about the wonderful CS Sephora gave me.  In store and on the phone!

FireSpinner

That sounds awesome. I wish there was a location even remotely close to me :smileytongue:

veronika23

[ Edited ]

No The Bay close to you?

FireSpinner

Hmm, looks like the closest location is about an hour away

veronika23

We have a few in my city and on Nov. 23rd I know at least one of them is having a big event.  I would call one of the counters and see about that. Tickets are 10$ 2 goes to charity and 8 towards your purchase + free make-up application and lots of goodies that day.  Might be worth the 1h drive :smileywink: They told me they have these events twice a year.  One in the fall and one in the spring.

FireSpinner

Oooh, that does sound really good :smileyhappy: 

veronika23

Yeah this will be my first one at The Bay!  I can't wait to see how it goes!  So excited! :smileyhappy:

FireSpinner

I'm definitely going to see if there's a counter at the closest Bay store. Hehe :smileyhappy:

Oooh and its a Saturday too :smileyhappy:  I can see a bit of a haul in my future :smileytongue:

veronika23

yes yes!  in mine too!  We'll have to share! I made sure to have my appointment when it starts because I was told you get a bag full of goodies from all the companies. :smileywink:  I know Dior will have a GWP and Origins is pre selling a big kit of products for like half the price. I think all the counters might have GWP. :smileywink:  I know different Bays have different counters and this one is pretty good.  Not the biggest but probably the 2nd biggest choice in counters in the region.  So between that and the sale here I'm pretty much screwed. lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 55 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • roxystar4
    • veronika23
    • fabme
    • viviene23
    • aggiegirl2012