amandita1224

Good light foundation that won't break me out

I currently use the Urban Decay Naked foundation (shade 4) and I think after 6 months of using it I can safely conclude that it does make my acne slightly worse. What is another comparable foundation that has the same coverage (light) and same weight (light) that won't break me out? I stuck with this for so long because I find it very difficult to color match my olive skin tone. I have some acne scars and would like to cover those up but I'm only 19 so for the most part I don't need a lot of coverage.

crayzeeRN

Re: Good light foundation that won't break me out

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have tons of trouble with foundations causing breakouts- have yet to find a liquid foundation that I can leave on all day that doesn't cause breakouts the next day. I was very happy to discover Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder this year!

The coverage is light, I apply a little bit of concealer on my scars before applying this and it does the job perfectly. This gives a really healthy glow (no shimmer though) to my skin. I can leave this on at work for 14+ hours and get absolutely no acne from it!

amandita1224

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

If my skin is also oily (even with a good primer) wouldn't just powder settle in an odd way? I've never used mineral foundation and I've always used liquid then powder over. How does just mineral look?

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Hmm, hopefully some other ladies here can add their two cents on this. Personally, I don't have issues with it caking or settling in weird ways- I think that can greatly depend on your makeup routine and what foundation powder you use though. I have oily skin, but I've done a lot of changing of my skincare routine the last year, and my skin has drastically cut back on producing oil. I actually think the powder keeps my skin looking matte longer- I have to blot more with liquid foundation than powder. I also set this with a finishing powder (also Laura Mercier) and Urban Decay De-Slick spray.

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I would recommend the Tarte's Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation.  There is a good range of shades (I picked the one that I thought was closest to the UD 4 but I would go get shade matched, you might be lighter or darker than what I thought) and it can go from being really light (apply with a fluffy brush) to medium and heavy coverage with a buffing brush.  I love this foundation for the summer especially but I wear it year round!s1534668-main-hero.jpg

amandita1224

(0) Hearts

I was actually kind of leaning towards a liquid foundation. Would the liquid equivalent of this be good as well?

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

Hmm maybe the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation.  It isn't as light as the powder but if you use a beauty blender and just use a little bit you can blend it to a nice sheer coverage but you can also add more layers to make it more full coverage in certain spots if you need.  For light coverage I wouldn't use anything other than a beauty blender though, brushes apply this to a full coverage.s1534775-main-hero.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • crayzeeRN
    • IAmLadyLiterary
    • amandita1224
Photos2
  • s1534668-main-hero.jpg
  • s1534775-main-hero.jpg