annekevdb

Going to NYC ... which Sephora to visit?

I have a upcoming trip to NYC - for SHOPPING. YAY! I want to hit up one Sephora while there, pick up some goodies, and maybe get a consultation done (if I can schedule it in time). There are tons of stores in Manhattan. Which one should I visit? 

I've been to the Times Sq one but I was in and out really fast because my kids were with me and they could *not* be less interested in Sephora (two boys, age 9 and 5 at the time). 

annekevdb

Re: Going to NYC ... which Sephora to visit?

The Sephora in the Meatpacking distrcit was awesome. The design of the store is not the standard Sephora. There are video screens and art work, and the displays are more 'high end' looking - less plastic and more glossy black and metalic. Because there are huge windows on two or three walls the store is also very bright and open feeling. Very different than the typical mall Sephora.

Jeffery did my consultation - he was awesome. Very friendly, excellent at explaining why/what he was doing, listened to challenges I have w/ make-up (e.g. super dry skin) and made really good suggestions for solutions. He encouraged me to take pictures, was chatty and friendly, and just super nice. It was supposed to be about 45 minutes but I think ended up being closer to 90 minutes.

I bought several of the products he recommened. My make-up looked awesome. I need to practice the look he did and see if I can recreate it at home. I'll post some pictures later from home.

lyravega

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Ohhh, now I really have to go there finally!!! :smileyhappy: Glad you had a great time!

eboneezer

I love theone on 5th avenue.....I always get good treatment there and the one in the Meat packing district as well

ghkim

i see you have already committed to the meatpacking location and this makes me want to go there too! but just wanted to let you know that the one at columbus circle is really great as well. it has all the lines that sephora normally carries (dior, ysl, givenchy, guerlain, illamasqua, anastasia, mufe, etc, etc), but then it also has dolce and gabanna (!) AND . . . drumroll, please . . . armani. yes that's right, it has giorgio armani beauty, which is not even sold on sephora.com!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I had a great experience at Columbus Circle as well.  I scheduled a makeover there, and I looked really, really good after.  It's where I bought my D&G.  It is crazy busy there on the weekend, but if you get a makeover you can pay with your consultant and not wait in the checkout line.  It seemed really really big to me.

lyravega

Yes! When I go to that one, somehow I can't ever find my way out!!! :smileyvery-happy: So many goodies that other Sephoras don't have!

JGSFLA

i know i spend so much time there..they have things packed in every corner..lol!

JGSFLA

The one in Times Square is the biggest one in NY. :smileyhappy:

lyravega

If you end up in Meatpacking one, we want a full report on it! :smileyvery-happy: Have fun!

annekevdb

I am going to try to take some pictures and will post back. So excited - I'm going to ask them to show/use the stuff that I can't get at the regular Sephoras. 

annekevdb

Nebel - I do *hate* Time Sq. I just... it is so crowded and so touristy. I am a tourist, I admit it, but I can't take much of Time Sq. Took the kids there for one trip so they could see the lights and crowds and the stupid Toys-R-Us and bought them a $6 candy bar there and GTHO. So, I am very glad to hear of another Inglot location. I haven't really spent any time in Chelsea/ Meatpacking/ West Village so I am looking forward to exploring a new area.

The *only* that thing would get me to move away from where I am now is lots of money and the ability to live in Manhattan.

Thank you for the info on the guards and elevator - probably never would find it otherwise.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

Nebel - I totally was planning to go to Inglot but didn't know they had a store at Chelsea Market. YAY! I figured I'd have to hit the one on Broadway (? - wherever, 42nd?).

I'm going to eat some good stuff at Chelsea Market!

nebel

The Times Square Inglot is very noisy and crowded.  (As is all of Times Square.  Avoid it, if you can)

The Chelsea Market store is AMAZING, because it is kind of secret.  You have to tell the guards by the elevator you are going up to Inglot, and they will let you up.  The girls are so nice up there, and the space is big, bright, and beautiful.

Do enjoy eating at the Market as well!!!  Your biggest challenge is that there is too much to choose from :smileyhappy:  

Sometimes they have fun pop-up shops in the space as well.  I hope you have a lovely time!

nebel

Just a tip, literally a block north from the Meatpacking store is Chelsea Market.  Inglot cosmetics is on the 5th floor.  This is a MUST for any makeup-lover.

annekevdb

I just read the reviews for the store in the Meatpacking district - changed my appointment to that location. It sounds awesome! So excited.

My boyfriend asked me what I wanted to do in NYC and I said Ggo to Sephora"  and he said "Haven't we already been there?"

LOL - yes, we've been there.

misscg

The ones in Times Square are nice but I'm currently in love with the one in soho. It's big and they offer great customer service.

theramenlover

[ Edited ]

Yaaay, Sephora shopping :smileywink:

I personally love the Union Square Sephora. It's quite big and it has a section of perfume, skincare and makeup. However, the Times Square one is open early (8am!?) and stays open quite late too. It's got a lot of brands and there's always some type of event going on at any given afternoon. 

I would advise you to look up a random zip code in Manhattan (10012 or etc) and see what events will be happening the day you're in town! :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoy your time here!~

P.S. The one in Soho is also really good. They've got a MUFE boutique attached so if you're interested in that, it's quite good!

wendyomgwar

I've never been but everyone says you MUST visit the on in the Meatpacking(?) district.

annekevdb

(0) Hearts

I wonder why. The store there specifically, or the general area? I haven't decided what else we'll be doing - I try to make it up to the city once a year or so. This is a really short trip, just one night.

lyravega

The store specifically. I've heard about it as well. But never been there. It's out of my usual way, so I still haven't been there. It is some kind of a new design of everything, "state of art" store, offering unique products and services exclusive to this location, complimentary express services or full-on customized makeup application at their Beauty Art Studio, international products that are almost impossible to find in the US, specialized servicessuch as prom, bridal and evening... hand-selected the most buzzed about  and coveted brands and products... There supposed to be a gallery space within the store, with original artwork from a series of contemporary artist... lots of new and original stuff that you can find only in this store. But I've never been there, so I can't say for sure. It's just what I've heard. Sounds pretty good, so if you're somewhere in the neighborhood, maybe you should check it out. I know I'll have to go there sooner or later to check it out for myself finally :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • misscg
    • wendyomgwar
    • lyravega
    • eboneezer
    • mishanyc