melisa16

Gift card, what to buy

(0) Hearts

My mom got a 100$ gift card from her work to sephora and she gave it to me :smileyvery-happy:D
I want to try some new products and want to get your ladies inputs. I probably want to stay away from eyeshadow palettes though, because I have all the Urban Decay nakeds, lorac pro, and too faced natural eyes. 

mpolansky

Re: Gift card, what to buy

(0) Hearts

I don't know if you have any favorite brands, but most have value sets or combination sets where you can try a little of everything. I personally love the Benefit sets. This might be a better idea if you don't have a specific item in mind. 

Also, I've learned that you don't have to rush to spend a gift card! I know I've been guilty of spending just to spend, and then being bummed because I realized I could have gotten something I really wanted. So relax, don't let it burn a hole in your pocket! Go check out some makeup in store (if you have one near you), swatch some items, and even try them out in store to make sure they work for you!

Good luck :smileyhappy:

lightuptheroom

(0) Hearts

Do you have a wishlist? Steer clear of the skin care isle, unless you have a tried-and-true, trustworthy, loves-my-skin favorite you are running out of. I wouldn't buy anything trendy or something that won't last a long time either, like mascara. I agree with lcresz, lip tars are awesome, if you haven't tried them yet. Return the favor - split the amount and suprise your mom by getting her something you know she'll love! 

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I really don't have a wishlist. Yea I probably should steer clear of skincare, good advice. And I might buy my mom something, she is just not a fan of make-up, that is why she gave me the card!

LCResz

(0) Hearts

OCC Lip Tar might be a fun buy! Shoot, with $100 you could get the entire collection, if you really like them!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

O I like that recommendation, any shades you like? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • melisa16
    • LCResz
    • lightuptheroom
    • mpolansky