corrin99

Getting Married!

I said yes 2 weeks ago after dating for 6 1/2 yrs.  I was so surprized.  But I started working out really hard and now my skin is a little zitty and I do have hormonal changes during each month causing less pretty skin for me.  I was looking at Philosophy Care Package, it looks great let me know if their products have helped your acne and large pores.  I am also looking for the perfect makeup of course, I have combo skin and have been getting oily if I wear primer, I have benefit pore something.  Let me know what sets and doesnt rub off or get greasy.  Have any of you tried lash extensions I really want them.  Thanks ladies.

keelybt

Re: Getting Married!

(0) Hearts

Hi Corrin99 Congratulations!!!! Have you set a date yet? The Care Package is a great set!  What have you been using on your skin? Where are you breaking out?

kimmi1115

(0) Hearts

I just wanted to say congratulations, corrin99!!!  I wish the both you of the absolute best!  :smileyhappy:

DrWould

(0) Hearts

Ahh! That is so exciting! Congratulations!....To be honest, I have no recommendations for you, sorry! I just wanted to say congrats because weddings make me super excited haha! :smileytongue:

corrin99

I don't care if I look goofy at work with my dork buddies, just want to look great on my wedding day!  :smileyhappy:

jinxski

Congratulations dear! :smileyvery-happy:

I know of several people that have had success with Philosophy, though I've never tried it myself - I really enjoyed using Boscia's Clear Complexion kit though!

Smashbox's primer for blemishes is an excellent primer, goes on super smooth and I never get breakouts from it!

Lash extensions kind of annoy me even though I have pretty short lashes and they look gorgeous in photos... make sure to get some that look natural, that's all I can say!

Once again, congratulations, and good luck with everything! :smileyhappy:

mascaranick

Congrats!!thats so exciting! 

First of all for your skin,i suggest if you really want to start out right is to purchase for yourself a Clarisonic Brush (MIA 2-is awesome)for every day cleansing. I starting working out a few months ago and it also caused me to break out a little bit,but since i but the brush i saw such changes in my skin-besides it gives u like an amazing cleaning and massage at the end of a long day. Now makeup- i find for every day use i just like a tinted moisturizer   , Nars is a love, if u want more of a foundation i hear Nars has some great ones (gonna check some out for myself)or makeup forever- eyeshadows love love love the naked palettes. and for your pretty lips YSL!!!

Wish you best of luck on your new journey!! 

miabt

Congratulations!  How exciting :smileyhappy:  I'm in agreement with the rest of the Kat Von D suggestions.  My sister got married a week ago & that is what we used on her (and what I used on myself!)  It is highly pigmented & covers extremely well.  The POREfessional underneath should help with any excessive oil.  Lash extensions for the big day would be a good choice, only because I had a mishap with my own falsies that made me WISH I hadnt used them :smileysad:  If you have someone else doing your makeup, make sure to have a trial to see what you want or dont want.  If you'll be doing your own, I'd suggest a few trial runs as well to make sure you get it exactly the way you want :smileyhappy:  Good luck & best wishes!!

xo, Mia

roxystar4

congratulations! I would also recommend the Kat VD foundation (if you can find the right shade match).  I wore MAC at my wedding and it worked out great.

beautylovingirl

Kat Von D's makeup us going to give you the best wear and not wear off and also I suggest that you use her rehab elixir primer w/ the foundation and set with either her setting spray or MUFE HD powder. Hope this helps and Congrats!

LCResz

Congrats! In addition to all the great advice the other lovely BTers have offered I would recommend some yoga to help with stress! Wedding planning can get very stressful which can exacerbate hormonal pimple flareups, so treat yourself to facials and add some yoga to your exercise routine and you will be glowing on your big day!

DoctorsMrs

I agree- Yoga makes everything better!  I always feel optimistic afterward no matter what else is going on. It takes me to my Happy Place!

lolo01

Going to the chapel and your gonna get maarrrriiieeeddd!!! (That song popped in my head lol) 

Congrats Im excited for you :smileyhappy: have you talked to your Dermatologists I know they have a pill that helps clear up skin almost to perfection. My friend works for derma clinic but when she started her face was full of acne acars and other blemeshis. She started taking these pilld prescribed by her dermatologist boss and her face is flawless.  

As fo lash extensions Ive never tried them but sometimes I use the Too Faced Better than falsa lash system , the white fibers add volume and length and follow with better than sex mascara :smileyhappy: try it out. 

CONGRATS AGAIN DOLL

starletta8

Congrats!

I'm going to throw out a product from left field: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads.  They're super gentle and work slowly, so you have to be patient. However, they're gentle (as I mentioned) and don't dry like many of the other products.

Have you tried Dior's Lash Plumper? If not, try that, layered with either MUFE Aqua Lash or Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara. Similar result, no extensions.

On the big day, I'd get my makeup done by a pro. One less thing to worry about!

wendyomgwar

I would look into the Peter Thomas Roth pads http://www.sephora.com/max-complexion-correction-pads-P114902

And for makeup have you thought about getting it professionally done? Just a thought that way you have one less thing to worry about :smileyhappy: 

DoctorsMrs

Congratulations! He finally put a ring on it haha. Wedding planning is so. much. fun. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

The only Philosophy product that I've used is the Microdelivery Facial Wash. It's great for deep cleansing and it keeps my face clear and my pores clean. It's too intense for me to use daily though. I use it twice a week.

I had lash extensions for about a year. They were beautiful. The thing I disliked was that they looked really goofy if I didn't have a full face of makeup on. They were fabulous and dramatic if I had moderate to heavy eye and face makeup on but if I ever went natural or wanted a lighter look they really looked ridiculous. If you decide to try them make sure that you allergy test with the adhesive. I've known people to have bad reactions to the standard glue but there are gentler versions available by special order. They just don't hold as well.

Good Luck with everything :smileyhappy: 

AlwaysGlamorous

"The thing I disliked was that they looked really goofy if I didn't have a full face of makeup on." THIS. I could not agree more with this statement!

nebel

Congratulations!!!! 

You are going to have so much fun :smileyhappy:

Keep in mind that any new regimen might take three months before you see any results, and your skin might get worse before it gets better. 

I haven't found anything that helps with monthly hormonal acne.  Hormones can just suck.

I will, however, recommend the Murad anti-aging acne line.  I found their regular acne products to be too harsh, but the anti-aging acne line is much milder.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 29 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • corrin99
    • wendyomgwar
    • kimmi1115
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl