warriorwitch

Geek Inpired Beauty

Who here loves geek inspired beauty products? From the Sephora Princess line to the independent companies who make collections inspired by everything from Star Trek to Zelda, do you love to buy makeup that reflects your geeky loves? I know I do! 

lmi82

Re: Geek Inpired Beauty

You should check out the brand My Pretty Zombie. I don't have any of these product or have even seen them, but they sound pretty interesting. Their website is myprettyzombie dot com.

They have a blush collection called Drugs Like Me.

The shades are:

• 6-MAM (plum with violet shimmer)
  • Benzodiazepine (red)
  • Fluoextine (post it yellow with blue shift)
  • MDMA (rosy pink with gold afterglow)
  • LSD (grey plum with red to gold shift)
  • PCP (peach with gold glitter)
  • Propoxyphene (matte bubblegum pink)
  • THC (lavender with green shift)

You can get them separately for $8 each, as a group of 6 (MDMA, 6-MAM, PCP, LSD, THC, Benzodiazepine) for $38, or a sample collection for $5.

A eyeshadow collection called Husbandry Affliction. Available as a set for $24.

There are three shades:

• Mad Cow (mid tone purple with a blue shift)
  • Hoof and Mouth (blue to purple with a pink and silver shift)
  • Anthrax (purple to green with a gold to red shift)

The Pretty Parasite Collection. These are eyeshadows as well. Available as a set for $24.

The six shades are:

• Pelodera
  • Osedax
  • Toxocara
  • Culex
  • Spirometra
  • Lipeurus

There are also singe eyeshadows with some cool names (pathology and disease related):

• Scurvy ( orange with orange glitter)
  • Grangrenous (dark lavender and glossy green shift)
  • Varicose (mid tone bright matte blue)
  • Rabies (minty green with purple shift)
  • Quinsy (spring green with blue sheen)
  • Miasma (buttercup yellow with sweet pink shift)

There are also some zombie themed eyeshadows.

warriorwitch

I'm checking it out right now... And it looks fun. :smileyvery-happy:

spacesuit

I would be more into "geek inspired" beauty if there were collections named after stuff from the sciences, history, stuff like that; I would totally go for a line themed around infectious diseases or something. I'm just not a fandom person at all :smileywink:

I'm a total sucker for anything outer space themed, I wanted to be an astronaut up through high school until I realized I was too claustrophobic to spend long periods of time in small spaces. BH Cosmetics has a Galaxy Chic eye palette where all of the shadows are like little planets, I think xsparkage reviewed it earlier this year. The colors aren't really what I would wear but I still want it just for the concept!

upload_3200928796328365205.jpg

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I bought this after getting a sample in my Ipsy bag.  I surprisingly really love it!  I normally only wear neutrals and don't wear much bold make-up, but these actually swatch much more wearable than you'd expect.  The Asteroid bronze and blue blends together to a sparkly taupe!  The Mars is more of a bronze, with Mercury a lighter version.  Asteroid is a dark gray sparkle.  Even Prometheus is more pink than anything else.  A lot of these are very wearable.

lmi82

(0) Hearts

Just looked up the swatches and I think I need this.

StraightRhodes

You do. It's a fabulous palette with some very unique colors.

lmi82

(0) Hearts

Just bought it! I was able to get it for only $8.95 because of the Cyber Monday sale (it ends 5am EST).

StraightRhodes

Yay! I paid like 14 for it a couple months ago so you got a really great deal.

lmi82

(0) Hearts

Yeah I'm pretty excited. :smileyhappy:

StraightRhodes

I have the palette and it is gorgeous. The colors are beautiful and much more wearable than you might think. The quality is also incredibly good.

spacesuit

[ Edited ]

I'll have to check it out then, especially for that price. Anything red/orange toned doesn't look the greatest on me but I'll see what I can do with it :smileyhappy:

StraightRhodes

The darker reds do very well because they have a more purple base. You might be able to use them as blushes too though. 

IttyxBittyxMe

If anyone finds a Kingdom Hearts or Sailor Moon inspired line of anything they should let me know so I can break my bank.

I know they had the Sailor Moon Powder Compact awhile ago from Japan, but it was near impossible to get from a shopping service by the time I found out about it. ;_;

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

There are several sellers on Etsy who make Sailor Moon inspired beauty items.

IttyxBittyxMe

Whelp....everyone was going to get Christmas gifts, then I did the search. 

Maybe next year. xD

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Tell them they are getting your happiness. XD

JustACostume

I would pay way more money than I care to admit for a Kingdom Hearts Line.They could name it after the organization members or the different keyblades.

IttyxBittyxMe

Can you imagine how pretty an Axel based red would be? I'm swooning just thinking about it. @_@

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

I want something based off of Demyx and Zexion. Like a bright blue waterproof mascara or something along the lines of that for demyx and a purple-grey lipstick for Zexion. That would be pretty fabulous.

warriorwitch

I want a set based on the original (coughtherealonecough) Ansem. Silver, gold, royal purple black... :smileyvery-happy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 36 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • lmi82
    • lilyyy
    • janinebt
    • ladymeag
    • MermaidBarbie
    • BeautyJunkie325