Annabeauty15

GO TO MAKEUP PALETTES?

Hey all! What are your go to makeup palettes? Which do you travel with, hit pan on, use everyday or maybe a palette you completely dislike?

Some of mine:

Lorac Pro

Naked 3

Stila in the Light

The Balm Voyage

m3rma1d

Re: GO TO MAKEUP PALETTES?

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay Ammo <3

lmi82

(0) Hearts
  • Benefit Sunday Funday Palette. This is an old one and I've hit the pan on 3 out of 4 eyeshadow shades.
  • Stila In The Garden Palette. I've been using this one just about every day. I absolutely love the shade Breeze and will probably hit the pan on that one soon.
  • Marc Jacobs Siren Palette. This one is new, but I can already tell it's going to be a favorite.

EllaViolette

(0) Hearts

The only palette I've hit pan on is the Too Faced Natural Eyes. I bring it with me when I travel and it's the one I use when I need something quick and reliable :smileywink:

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

I love:

• Naked 1 
  • Naked 3
  • Sephora Moonshadow palette in "In the Nude"
  • Sephora Moonshadow palette in "In the Tropics"
  • Kat Von D Esperanza
Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

inthelight.jpgKat-Von-D-True-Love-Sinner-2.jpgIn the light, and the sinner palette from kat von d are my go to. 

andreabonder

image.jpgIt's really too bad that this isn't on the shelves anymore. This was one was one of my very first palettes that I ever got & it's still hangin in there. It's clearly gotten a lot of love over the years. It was also actually the first palette that KVD created. I'd LOVE for her to rerelease this bad boy as an anniversary edition or something, it makes sense RIGHT. it's my goto but also in a sense not - cause I want this to stay fairly useable for another while.

I'm actually on a little vaycay in Montreal right now. I've brought with me;

Ludwig Palette

Naked2

UD Electric palette

but when it comes to lipsticks ALL of them come with me haha xD  

Annabeauty15

(0) Hearts

Hey! Awesome picks and that KVD palette reminds so much of the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette. Maybe a possible dupe?

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

Tarababyz on Youtube made a Kat Von D collection video recently, and I almost died when I watched it! The palettes she has released over the years are so beautiful, and she only has two now! :smileysad: I wish I was as into makeup when the came out as I am now, because I would have gotten a few lol :smileyvery-happy: 

andreabonder

(0) Hearts

I really miss this packaging I love that it has the NARS grippy feel to it & the secure closure is another great attribute. I like knowing that my shadows aren't gonna go anywhere. I don't have the saint or sinner palette but I've been eyeing the saint one for a while now. (These are still available) & of course the Butterfly Effect ones. I'm so excited for her Christmas palette & future palettes to come! 

melissabt

Here are my favs and ones that I use the most:

KVD True Romance Palette in Saint-hitting pan on Heavens

UD Naked Basics Palette

UD Naked 3

<3 Melissa
RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

I'm still obsessed with the original Naked Palette. I have hit pan on Virgin and Sin and I'm pretty close on hitting pan on Naked and Toasted :smileywink:

Best,
Randee
sundaespal

Naked Basics. It's the perfect size, and being so pale I can make an entire look out of it.

Sonny4President

Kat Von D Monarch palette 

The Nude Palette

Chanel Matelasse Palette - Charming

Smokey123

(0) Hearts

I'm traveling right now and I agonized over what to bring. I ended up with my Naked 3, my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes, and at the last minute I threw in my Naked Basics. So far, I've used all three so I'm content. The Too Faced palette and the Basics are great for travel because of their size. At home, I love all my Nakeds and the Chocolate Bar too. I absolutely love Urban Decay's Glinda palette. I got it during a recent flash sale for an excellent price. It's not the most versatile palette, but I've been getting a lot of use out of it this summer. I realized in thinking about this post that I don't really have a go to palette. I have a good many palettes (it's a new found addiction), and I rotate my usage depending on my moods.

I only have one palette that I really dislike and rarely use. It's a Sephora brand purple based collection of five shadows that I got on sale. The color payoff wasn't good and I found it difficult to use. I initially bought it to use for a wedding. It was so bad, I decided to use something else and to try to use it on unimportant days.

Jessicaclara

(0) Hearts

A palette I've only ever used once was the UD Vice 2. I just got sucked into all the hype when it was first released :smileysad: I'm sure I could get some use out of it if I forced myself, but ehh

wokkin

I'm new to eyeshadows and I've currently been looking to buy an eyeshadow palette but I've been having trouble choosing which one to purchase.  I only wanted to buy one palette because I've been afraid that I wouldn't be able to use it all up before the suggested throw away 2 year mark for eyeshadows.  It looks like many of you have several palettes at the same time.  Do you just throw out the palettes and re-buy them after they expire around 2 years even when you haven't hit pan on them?  Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but I've never really bought any make up that I hadn't used up before the expiration date and it seems like such a waste to throw out whole palettes when they're not finished.

mpolansky

I have used my Naked Basics palette seriously every single day (or at least every time I wear makeup!) for the past year. I've hit pan on four shades! (I don't think I'll ever hit pan on the matte black, you only need a little bit!)

My KVD Ladybird palette has been a close second lately. I've been loving the burnt orange shade

harley89

My all time favorite (I have hit pan on about half the shades... it took me over a year of using it nearly every single day!) is Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. The shades are all SO wearable and look lovely. High quality and last a long time and easy to work with. I actually use the brush that came in the palette!

Next I'd love to try Too Faced boudoir eyes palette.

HawaiianEyes7

(0) Hearts

The Boudoir Eyes palette is on my list for when I go to Hawai'i next month. It's $9 cheaper in the states than it is here, which is ridiculous!

NicoleFrat

I'm the same way with th Naked 2. I just purchased the TF Bourdoir Eyes and have only been able to play around with it once so far, but I do like what I've tried from it. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • malday
    • lmi82
    • melissabt
    • mrsbaine
    • brennab
    • harley89